View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Confusion about "hunter-gatherer" and Viking 

8-J wrote:
Quote:
The rot is the belief in a utopia. There is no way to become so charismatic that you can convince someone to accept a less than beautiful truth, when what they already have is a utopian dream.

It does not matter that the dream is a lie. It is like trying to convince somebody who has found refuge in a drug such as heroine, to give up the drug, and come back and live the rest of their life in the real world. Even years later, after the physical addiction has left them entirely, they will long to return. (Which is probably why so many scholars have described religion as being "opium for the masses").

Sadly, I believe you are right.

Quote:
What do you do if you find yourself living in a whole world of heroine addicts, and only you and a few others remain untainted by the addiction? You can see that the heroine dealers now run the world. And it is not quite, but almost a crime not to be taking the drug. (Although it is considered ok to choose among a variety of flavors for the drug, so long as you are taking some form of opiate.)

I don't know the full answer to that question. But I think the first step would be to look for others, and probably for the whole group to be keeping their identities secret.

That's an interesting, but accurate way to look at it. I don't know the answer, either.
If there is a path to victory, then how might we find it? I agree with with being cautious. The time may very well come when the last of our freedoms are stripped away, and I dread to think what tptb will do with those who are not of the hive mind.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Sometimes the things people say on this forum get me thinking, and I feel I have to leave for a time before I can come back.

I believe you are right about a wolf only leaving the pack if they wish to die.

As for the war of ideas, it is increasingly apparent to me that perhaps this simply isn't a war that can be won. Perhaps we will find that we simply cannot go on living in a world full of heroine addicts. But we can't save them. So the only way to approach the situation would be either by committing a bloody genocide or to just leave. Genocide doesn't sit well with me for a lot of reasons. (Besides it is probably what they want to do to us also.)

Perhaps we simply need to find somewhere else to live? Once the last of us have left, it wouldn't be very long before they wipe themselves out.

Perhaps that is what Odin figured out early on. Maybe that is why Xianity was allowed to win? It's a purge. The weakest minds will flock to Jesus/Allah/Jaweh.

The only question then is: where do we go?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:53 pm

8-j wrote:
Sometimes the things people say on this forum get me thinking, and I feel I have to leave for a time before I can come back.

I believe you are right about a wolf only leaving the pack if they wish to die.

As for the war of ideas, it is increasingly apparent to me that perhaps this simply isn't a war that can be won. Perhaps we will find that we simply cannot go on living in a world full of heroine addicts. But we can't save them. So the only way to approach the situation would be either by committing a bloody genocide or to just leave. Genocide doesn't sit well with me for a lot of reasons. (Besides it is probably what they want to do to us also.)

Perhaps we simply need to find somewhere else to live? Once the last of us have left, it wouldn't be very long before they wipe themselves out.

Perhaps that is what Odin figured out early on. Maybe that is why Xianity was allowed to win? It's a purge. The weakest minds will flock to Jesus/Allah/Jaweh.

The only question then is: where do we go?

Perhaps you are right. I believe the Gods knew how this would all play out - time is spherical, so maybe a situation similar to this has been before. Where to go? A good question without a concrete answer. It may be best to move as far from the cities as possible and hunker in for the long haul. Stormr

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 am

I've always heard that time is circular. I've never thought of the possibility it might be spherical.

If so, then it is possible to follow a slightly different path the next time around. Intersecting with the old, but not necessarily repeating it entirely.

Sometimes I think moving away from the cities would work, but then I wonder where you would get your food? If more than a few people start trying to live in the wild, the hunting will get scarce.

The internet provides an anonymous way to make money, if you can find the right "racket". Maybe do that, and start stockpiling food. Only returning to the city periodically to pick up the next shipment. I think of civilization kind of like Ymir. Feeding off its corpse isn't the same as being part of it.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:10 am

8-j wrote:
I've always heard that time is circular. I've never thought of the possibility it might be spherical.

If so, then it is possible to follow a slightly different path the next time around. Intersecting with the old, but not necessarily repeating it entirely.

Sometimes I think moving away from the cities would work, but then I wonder where you would get your food? If more than a few people start trying to live in the wild, the hunting will get scarce.

The internet provides an anonymous way to make money, if you can find the right "racket". Maybe do that, and start stockpiling food. Only returning to the city periodically to pick up the next shipment. I think of civilization kind of like Ymir. Feeding off its corpse isn't the same as being part of it.

Food can be grown and raised in sustainable ways and game herds can be managed. Most people are too lazy to hunt and gather or even to mix hunting and gathering with sustainable agricultural practice. Today I ate Brunswick stew from food I grew myself, out of a glass jar that i preserved it n myself, that I pulled out of a closet that I built myself. Then I went outside and gathered some persimmons to eat from a tree that grows in my woods. I washed it all down with well water. I ate eggs for breakfast that came out of my own chickens. I guess I have the opposite problem as you: Sometimes I think that moving to a city might be possible for me, but then I wonder where I would get my food, clean air, and water from?

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 am

Julius Evola: Revolt against the modern world

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:36 am

Big Country has the right idea.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am

BigCountry wrote:
8-j wrote:

Food can be grown and raised in sustainable ways and game herds can be managed. Most people are too lazy to hunt and gather or even to mix hunting and gathering with sustainable agricultural practice. Today I ate Brunswick stew from food I grew myself, out of a glass jar that i preserved it n myself, that I pulled out of a closet that I built myself. Then I went outside and gathered some persimmons to eat from a tree that grows in my woods. I washed it all down with well water. I ate eggs for breakfast that came out of my own chickens. I guess I have the opposite problem as you: Sometimes I think that moving to a city might be possible for me, but then I wonder where I would get my food, clean air, and water from?

In the modern world, you still have to have money to pay property taxes on the land. Otherwise the government will come and take it away.

The system is engineered to force dependency on money. One way or another.

Not saying it's a bad idea, though. The system could collapse, and all the city folk will starve. (Including me, if it happened tomorrow.)

Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:13 am

8-j wrote:
BigCountry wrote:
8-j wrote:

In the modern world, you still have to have money to pay property taxes on the land. Otherwise the government will come and take it away.

The system is engineered to force dependency on money. One way or another.

Not saying it's a bad idea, though. The system could collapse, and all the city folk will starve. (Including me, if it happened tomorrow.)

As David Lane wrote, "THere is no ownership where there are property taxes."

Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:05 am

That is true. They might as well issue a "being alive" tax as issue a property tax. No matter what you do to survive, you will inevitably pay it. Even if you rent, your landlord is paying property tax, and must charge you accordingly in your rent. The option to be homeless isn't much of an option. I guess you could live in a boat on the open sea.

As for the monotheism blight, I have lately come to terms with it. It is necessary to let utopianism/monotheism run its course in order to purge the world of that fatal personality defect. I don't know exactly how they will wipe themselves out, or how those who are not utopians will escape, but I suspect it will work out somehow.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 am

As I understand, Viking is what we would choose to do! Not who we are. Live simply, fight hard, and die with no expectations, it is and all ways will be how you live, with honour. I have and all ways will believe in my gods for they embody all that I would wish in myself. We Northmen and Women by blood, race or belief are linked by the commonality of of what should and will be. This belief is what binds our brotherhood. This is my soul and heart and mind. Simple some will say, but in this lies strength. For its about attainable aspiration, if we wish to sit with our gods and feast. Then they must be in so many ways like us. My thoughts are we farm, we hunt we fight, we honour our gods we love and protect to the death. This is Viking for me.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Perhaps in the modern world, "viking" is about having the courage to start your own business.

It's so much easier to work for someone else, and let them figure out all the details while you drone along doing what you are told. But that is the life of a peasant.

If you are making your own hours, you've got to get yourself up in the morning, set up your own schedule, and work even when there is no supervisor nearby to stop you from surfing the internet all day (like I am doing right now....)

The possibility of dying and not making it back has largely been eliminated in the modern world. But the possibility of failing to make enough money to live is still real, as is the humiliation that comes with it. (At least viking raiders knew that, if their raid failed and they died, they wouldn't have to face the humiliation of returning empty handed.)

That said: it is tempting to go into a criminal enterprise like drug dealing. But I think that is a cheap substitute for real initiative. A drug business is a business that can't fail for financial reasons, because the price is always fixed high enough to make a profit. It only fails if the police catch you. But it requires no real creativity or skill.

You don't grow and become better and stronger if you engage in an enterprise that requires no skill.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm inspired by a woman that I recently met. Based on her features, she is probably of Swedish descent. She's a single mother who owns a small shop making crafted items, like clothing and toys for children, which she sells on the internet. She appears to have two employees working under her, so I guess the venture must be doing alright. I don't think she'll be a millionaire any time soon, but she's clearly self sufficient.

I think she is just a woman who found herself single, with children to care for, and needed to find a way to make some money to care for them. She just put herself out there. Took skills that she had, and put them to use. That takes a lot of courage, and I have nothing but respect for her.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:20 pm

8-j wrote:
I'm inspired by a woman that I recently met. Based on her features, she is probably of Swedish descent. She's a single mother who owns a small shop making crafted items, like clothing and toys for children, which she sells on the internet. She appears to have two employees working under her, so I guess the venture must be doing alright. I don't think she'll be a millionaire any time soon, but she's clearly self sufficient.

I think she is just a woman who found herself single, with children to care for, and needed to find a way to make some money to care for them. She just put herself out there. Took skills that she had, and put them to use. That takes a lot of courage, and I have nothing but respect for her.

A welcome post, given how the news is pretty much a 24/7 whine fest about being victimized

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5