View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Not for the wana be's and the fakes 

To all those that are true, to those not just living a life read from a book, to those that know what truth is and what nature means. The ones that know better than to believe many here is in the Brotherhood, quite the opposite actually. I'm seeking and hosting meetings in the states for now and then making my way to Europe. I will leave one way to contact me for communication and will respond to those that are found out to be true.

peachesofyouth@gmail.com

Dont bother unless you are willing to prove it.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 am

I am not a member of the brotherhood. And, as I have expressed, I may not even be interested in joining it. I have my own ideas, my own way of life, my own values and virtues, all of which stem from my experiences in life. I have a strong sense of woven fate. This does not make a brotherhood member better than I, more real than I, or less fake than I.

Remember this. Those who look at Loke and see him as an enemy are fools. Loke is a trickster, but a needed one. If it were not for Loke, the gods would be ill equipped to circumstances in which they might be deceived, for they would have never had to face such an obstacle in their past. Many look to Loke as a "fake" member of the Aesir, and many would do well to weigh his contribution rather than his title.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:35 pm

sacredhaven679 wrote:
I am not a member of the brotherhood. And, as I have expressed, I may not even be interested in joining it. I have my own ideas, my own way of life, my own values and virtues, all of which stem from my experiences in life. I have a strong sense of woven fate. This does not make a brotherhood member better than I, more real than I, or less fake than I.

Remember this. Those who look at Loke and see him as an enemy are fools. Loke is a trickster, but a needed one. If it were not for Loke, the gods would be ill equipped to circumstances in which they might be deceived, for they would have never had to face such an obstacle in their past. Many look to Loke as a "fake" member of the Aesir, and many would do well to weigh his contribution rather than his title.

Well said!

Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:49 am

sacredhaven679 wrote:

Speaking without any factual knowledge, I think this position you have is what may actually constitute membership.

Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Galskap wrote:
sacredhaven679 wrote:

Speaking without any factual knowledge, I think this position you have is what may actually constitute membership.

I am far from membership.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:43 am

Probably, OB is a mystery to solve and I love the complexity. I forgot to state the obvious of what one has to do to even become a developed follower of OB, but what I said is how I view it. I may be wrong. But really no one will ever know. For my part, I do not care for membership, Odin is more important to me. When the conflict is at it's greatest, I will be at the forefront wherever it is.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 pm

Galskap wrote:
Probably, OB is a mystery to solve and I love the complexity. I forgot to state the obvious of what one has to do to even become a developed follower of OB, but what I said is how I view it. I may be wrong. But really no one will ever know. For my part, I do not care for membership, Odin is more important to me. When the conflict is at it's greatest, I will be at the forefront wherever it is.

An unwoven fabric will not help you when the nights become cold.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:37 am

Baleyg wrote:
Galskap wrote:

An unwoven fabric will not help you when the nights become cold.

Well said!

Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:56 am

All garbage, a member knows. Do not be conned into the foolish nature and the ignorant responses. A seemingly "deep" response into Loki (LOKI as transcribed from the Codex Regius, read a book) does not make a member, Don't be so stupid as to think a concept qualifies as initiation. If that's your standard than everyone in a "creative writing" class in high school is a member. Hold your own thoughts to a higher standard and don't compromise based off someone else's "deep" thoughts. If you think words over actions qualifies you than you are a fool.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:44 am

Hallheim wrote:
All garbage, a member knows. Do not be conned into the foolish nature and the ignorant responses. A seemingly "deep" response into Loki (LOKI as transcribed from the Codex Regius, read a book) does not make a member, Don't be so stupid as to think a concept qualifies as initiation. If that's your standard than everyone in a "creative writing" class in high school is a member. Hold your own thoughts to a higher standard and don't compromise based off someone else's "deep" thoughts. If you think words over actions qualifies you than you are a fool.

I think you articulate some truth in your response, thoughts and words are pointless without action. But action is thought manifested into the physical. The first step to acting noble is to begin thinking noble. It starts with mindset first.

When your thoughts, words and deeds all match you will finally be a person of character. Unfortunately people of our generation think they need to "find themselves" instead of craft themselves.

The Odin Brotherhood exists to protect the lore first and foremost. Members view themselves as priests in a druid sense. The druids who spent 20 years memorizing their lore.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:11 pm

If the gods want to use you they will. If they want you to work with the Brotherhood (either as a member or otherwise) doors will be opened and you can step through if you wish.

Consider the purpose of the brotherhood - do you need to have a Meeting of Dreams or to experience The Sojourn to carry out will of the gods?

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
If the gods want to use you they will. If they want you to work with the Brotherhood (either as a member or otherwise) doors will be opened and you can step through if you wish.

Consider the purpose of the brotherhood - do you need to have a Meeting of Dreams or to experience The Sojourn to carry out will of the gods?

I remember it being written in a previous post that one would not need a violent death if one has the marks of joy to gain admittance to Odin's hall after death. Would a member of the Odin Brotherhood need to be worthy of such an honour even before their death?

If the heroes in Valhalla are the Einherjar (glorious dead) it only makes sense that the pre selected would have a similar role here in Midgard. Literally a living Einherjar.

If that is the case it's quite a bit of responsibility and nothing to be taken lightly. I have taken many years to ponder whether I should reach out to the Brotherhood before I have had the meeting of dreams. I also many years ago asked permission to write a story using parts of the Brotherhood lore. The thing is the more I wrote the more errors I found in my ideas and pre conceptions about the Brotherhood. While I have not forsaken my word I find myself constantly returning to the drawing board so I may produce a worthy piece of work and that I do not misrepresent the OB. My line of thinking is if I can produce such a thing as a gift to the OB more mysteries will be given so that I may learn for further. I don't like the idea of asking something for nothing. Perhaps you have some wise words of advice Tyrsman?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 am

I don't know how wise my words are, or how good of advice I can give but here is what I think:

I believe that if you go by the tents of The Brotherhood, those who have had the Meeting of Dreams have been found worthy of something beyond the ordinary. The Glimpse of Extraordinary Beauty is another experience only those favored by the gods are afforded.

According to The Brotherhood, the gods ask us to live extraordinary lives so that we may stand out from those who surround us. Striving to craft the best possible story that you can is a good example of this. You are doing it not simply for reward or because you are a perfectionist but because you want to offer up something worthy to show who you are. Regardless of what rewards the completion of your story brings you (or whether you ever even finish it to your satisfaction), you will likely find that you have received rewards along the way in the form of insight and wisdom.

The path of The Odin Brotherhood is one way to gain the attention and favor of the gods, but it is very unlikely the only way.

As a side note - today we associate the term einherjar with those who are chosen for Valhalla but the original Old Norse meaning was more akin to "those who fight alone" or the singular einheri "lone fighter". I suspect that there is a connection between this and The Brotherhood concept of being lone eagles rather than a pack of wolves.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 pm
Site Admin

Tyrsman wrote:

Quote:
As a side note - today we associate the term einherjar with those who are chosen for Valhalla but the original Old Norse meaning was more akin to "those who fight alone" or the singular einheri "lone fighter". I suspect that there is a connection between this and The Brotherhood concept of being lone eagles rather than a pack of wolves.

Well said!

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 am

Tyrsman wrote:
I don't know how wise my words are, or how good of advice I can give but here is what I think:

I believe that if you go by the tents of The Brotherhood, those who have had the Meeting of Dreams have been found worthy of something beyond the ordinary. The Glimpse of Extraordinary Beauty is another experience only those favored by the gods are afforded.

According to The Brotherhood, the gods ask us to live extraordinary lives so that we may stand out from those who surround us. Striving to craft the best possible story that you can is a good example of this. You are doing it not simply for reward or because you are a perfectionist but because you want to offer up something worthy to show who you are. Regardless of what rewards the completion of your story brings you (or whether you ever even finish it to your satisfaction), you will likely find that you have received rewards along the way in the form of insight and wisdom.

The path of The Odin Brotherhood is one way to gain the attention and favor of the gods, but it is very unlikely the only way.

I appreciate the time you took for your response. You are very patient Tyrsman.

Some of the things you said I know viscerally but it is nice to see you affirm some things. I am usually pretty good at trusting myself but I think from time to time it's good to hear thoughts from another person. To me anyways your words always come across as a very mentoring fashion.

I am reminded of of something an Inuit elder said to my unit in regards to intuition while he was seal hunting as an young man. He claimed that when you hear your heartbeat in your ears from adrenaline it actually the drum of your ancestors driving you onward, encouraging you. So you are never really alone.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

BjornBerserk wrote:
Some of the things you said I know viscerally but it is nice to see you affirm some things. I am usually pretty good at trusting myself but I think from time to time it's good to hear thoughts from another person. To me anyways your words always come across as a very mentoring fashion.

Most of us here are of a like mind and it good that we can gather here and find strength from one another. We are each on our own solitary journey and we walk the path in our own way path but it's good to have others who are traveling to the same destination.

BjornBerserk wrote:
I am reminded of of something an Inuit elder said to my unit in regards to intuition while he was seal hunting as an young man. He claimed that when you hear your heartbeat in your ears from adrenaline it actually the drum of your ancestors driving you onward, encouraging you. So you are never really alone.

I really like that, a lot!

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]