View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Sojourn of the Brave 

Does it have to be followed to the letter? Including the three days? Would it be possible to do it in a night?

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:16 am

Firstly, ensure you have read this and understood it fully

http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/uploads/ ... erhood.pdf

Then, I hope you will find this, prepared by a member here, Coyote, of use and will help

http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/uploads/ ... erhood.pdf

Also, read everything you can - and meditate on it, ensure you work the teachings into your every day.

May I suggest that you take your time. You cannot rush this by completing it in one night - if you cannot spare the time for the Gods, you are not ready to Sojourn.

The Sojourn will change your life - not just for a short while but for always. If you want to receive, you must be prepared to give. Storm

Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 am

grauewulf wrote:
Does it have to be followed to the letter? Including the three days? Would it be possible to do it in a night?

Remember: we are not the ones who "follow the letter".
However, there's power in the 3 and there's also a test ("the unwhorty exclude themselves")

Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 pm

grauewulf wrote:

Try this first - bake a cake with only a third of the ingredients.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Alright then. Are they three full days? Reason I ask, in the Summer I like hiking mountains and going above (sometimes well above) treeline and have been stuck up there when the weather gets bad. For those of you who've been stuck in or near thunderstorms on a mountaintop you will know what I mean, it's very scary.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:06 am

grauewulf wrote:
Alright then. Are they three full days? Reason I ask, in the Summer I like hiking mountains and going above (sometimes well above) treeline and have been stuck up there when the weather gets bad. For those of you who've been stuck in or near thunderstorms on a mountaintop you will know what I mean, it's very scary.

I would recommend from dawn on day one until the dawn of day four.

I too spend a great deal of time in the wilderness (not as much as I would like but as much as I can). It has been my experience that when you stand amid the primal power of storms such as you describe you are better able to "connect" with our Gods. I am sure that you have noticed that not all storms bring about an emotional response such as you mention. It is because that while some storms are simply weather events others are very special and the visceral response you feel is the natural reaction humans feel when exposed to the power of a god.

It may just be UPG on my part but have you ever noticed how different storms, although of same type (wind, rain, snow, thunder) can have a different essence? It is difficult to explain but I first noticed it with winter storms. Sometimes I can just feel the presence of Skadi while at others a snowstorm of equal intensity will bring Ullr. When the wind blows it can bring with it the caress, or sometimes the slap, of Freya or the hand of Odin. Obviously there is the thunder of Thor but at times it is Freyr who makes the sky sing.

The next time you find yourself in a storm while in the mountains set aside any unease you may experience, bask in the power of whichever of the Gods has brought it to you and listen for the message it carries.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 pm

grauewulf wrote:

A thunderstorm frightens you? The gods are in thunder and are in lightning. Being at a higher elevation implies you are closer to the gods. If that is "scary" for you. Then go confess your sins to a priest.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:19 am

I plan to do this in Colorado in June. Anyone from the area know a good location? Most of the 14er's are crawling in yuppies and tourists. Ideally, I'd like to do this around tree line.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Brynjar wrote:
I plan to do this in Colorado in June. Anyone from the area know a good location? Most of the 14er's are crawling in yuppies and tourists. Ideally, I'd like to do this around tree line.

Don't ask. Find it for yourself. The Gods will assist you. Storm

Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:23 pm

I didn't feel the need to start a new post on this. I just thought I'd say that I am looking forward to this solstice. It will be nice to have a 3 day break from humanity.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:12 pm
Site Admin

May all who make the Sojourn find what they seek.

Important advice: The Sojourn-of-the-Brave must be done once in life.

Those who complete it will be members of the Odin Brotherhood. Also, by marking yourself you will become Odin's chosen.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:23 am

Myself, I believe the Sojourn is a primal rite in its entirety, and more a matter of instinct, visceral emotion and spiritual strength, than simply following a formula. In fact, the formula and actions by themselves are meaningless (that is not to say unimportant or subject to bastardization; a hot plate and a pin prck [censored.. really?] will not do). The Sojourn is a collection of principles manifested in an act of honour, bravery and solemn reverence.

Meaning, if you have to ask, you are either not ready or not meant for it. I do not relish the thought of a secret society full of soggy bread. The Odin Brotherhood is far more than completing steps A, B and C.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:08 pm

The only thing I am curious about is the ice. In Odin's Return, Thorolfr has bread and water; the other books say bread and ice?

Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:29 pm

redskegg wrote:
The only thing I am curious about is the ice. In Odin's Return, Thorolfr has bread and water; the other books say bread and ice?

You may not realize it but you are looking at an important secret. While it is vital that you unlock it yourself, I will point you in the right direction.

It is just my personal habit but anytime I am working with the runes I always begin with Isa.

Water is the most powerful of the elements. As rain it brings life to crops, as a flood it can destroy cities. Too little of it and we die, yet too much of it brings the same result. It is patient and persistent- over centuries a small trickle will carve through stone. Many do not realize the example of tactics that water provides- a miniscule amount will seep into the crack of a rock and when it freezes again the rock will break.

Ice is water in its most stable form, water that has yet to have its potential unleashed.

Mirabello's work provides another clue.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:34 pm

Well I must say I am certainly pleased that the thoughts I have are important clues coming my way. Hail Tyrsman.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:04 pm

The three cuts, must they been in any particular pattern or design? Or are 3 horizontal parrellel lines okay?

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Brynjar wrote:
The three cuts, must they been in any particular pattern or design? Or are 3 horizontal parrellel lines okay?

To ask indicates you are not ready. Do not rush this. You must seek the answer yourself from the gods. We are not people who are handed the answer to. To be handed an answer on 'a silver platter' indicates weakness. We are people who seek the answers ourselves. Storm

Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:49 pm
Site Admin

Brynjar, do what is significant to you. Remember, however, that you must conduct the ritual only after much deliberation.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 am

I plan on doing the Sojourn in June. I have been, and will continue to, meditate upon the ritual and its significance. While I was under the impression that the Marks of Joy need not be arranged in any particular way, I wanted to know if a common usage had arisen among the members.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Some mornings I wake up and feel a bit saddened over not having the dream yet. I must keep working to better myself.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next