View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Feeling Disconnected 

Hail,
For quite some time now I have been feeling very disconnected from the earth and the Gods. It is driving me completely crazy, what can I do to stop this? Doubts start to run through my mind even though I know it makes no sense. I need to get reconnected and something has to happen NOW. Any insight would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you,

Defender

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm

When did you feel most connected to the gods in the past? Where were you, what were you doing? Have you had any life impacting events happen lately? What gods did you have the closest relationship with? I find Tyr and Odin speak to me, but only when I follow their examples and act in ways they would be proud of. I do not expect their attention, I must earn it through right action.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Yes, I did have some big things change for me recently. All those other things you mentioned will be on my mind, thank you. Since some of those things happened, I have not quite been the same. Thank you for speaking to me.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:11 am

Have you spent time in nature yet? No technology, just nature?

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:05 am

Hail, Brother.

I know what you mean. I too feel distanced from the world as it should be. It makes me feel week and confused. I'm not sure what I can/should do about it but I'm trying.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 pm

DefenderofMountains - there are times in the lives of all people where they feel disconnected and disjointed. I have but one suggestion that has helped me in the past - whether you are in a position or not to do this only you will know.

If you are able, spend 24hrs alone - if you can go into the wilderness for that time it is better, otherwise if possible lock yourself at home - unplug the phone, remove any electronic devices, park your car up the street so people think you are away. Prepare yourself physically and mentally for 24hrs of reflection and meditation. Keep you food simple and preprepared - whole foods, natural. Spend the time reflecting on the issues you have dealt with that have lead you to where you are, reflect on what the gods mean to you in your daily life and in the bigger picture also. Work out a way to bring them back into your daily life. Don't clock watch - eat when you are hungry, sleep when your body tells you to and meditate when you can. This sounds very simple but is, in fact, very difficult to do - keeping all the 'fluff' out of your thoughts.

I hope that this helps ... either way, don't give up on the gods, as they will not have given up on you. They will wait patiently for you. Storm

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
DefenderofMountains - there are times in the lives of all people where they feel disconnected and disjointed. I have but one suggestion that has helped me in the past - whether you are in a position or not to do this only you will know.

If you are able, spend 24hrs alone - if you can go into the wilderness for that time it is better, otherwise if possible lock yourself at home - unplug the phone, remove any electronic devices, park your car up the street so people think you are away. Prepare yourself physically and mentally for 24hrs of reflection and meditation. Keep you food simple and preprepared - whole foods, natural. Spend the time reflecting on the issues you have dealt with that have lead you to where you are, reflect on what the gods mean to you in your daily life and in the bigger picture also. Work out a way to bring them back into your daily life. Don't clock watch - eat when you are hungry, sleep when your body tells you to and meditate when you can. This sounds very simple but is, in fact, very difficult to do - keeping all the 'fluff' out of your thoughts.

I hope that this helps ... either way, don't give up on the gods, as they will not have given up on you. They will wait patiently for you. Storm

This was what I meant, Norse Storm Dragon said it best! :)

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:07 am

Keep in mind that our lives are cyclical. Just like the waxing and waning of the moon and the turning of the seasons, we will at times shine brightly and at others go dark, blossom and then fall dormant before blooming again. And just as the ebb and flow of the tides will fill and empty a bay sometimes we are full of energy only to have it drain away. We have little influence over the moon's phase, the passage of seasons or the running of the tides but we can influence our energies and mood. Storm and Tyrienne give excellent advice.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:47 am

I'm going to take the opportunity tomorrow and go into nature for a few hours alone, no phone, just myself and my shotgun and maybe a pack of fruit and water. Where I am traveling there is no service either way, so electronics won't serve me there. I don't feel disconnected like the OP, maybe just want more connection.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:17 am

redskegg wrote:
I'm going to take the opportunity tomorrow and go into nature for a few hours alone, no phone, just myself and my shotgun and maybe a pack of fruit and water. Where I am traveling there is no service either way, so electronics won't serve me there. I don't feel disconnected like the OP, maybe just want more connection.

I am planning on the same. It's one of my favorite things to do. Myself, my shotgun and a whole lot of woods. I live in a remote northern wilderness area.

Stigandr Melrakki
The Wanderer, White Fox

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]