View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Guidance from the Gods 

How do you personally ask for guidance? I am at a point in my life right now where there's a total fork in the road, a new weave design in my web if you will, dealing with school, career, family, etc

I will spare the details but I have asked everyone's advice but can't get a solid answer. I am left between a rock and a hard spot. The fighter in me tells me to take the hard path, but I fear failure. There's a voice that says take the easier path but maybe never live up to my own expectations; however, with my situation it would be the wiser choice finacially.

Maybe just a sign, a push. I feel determined to take the hard path but what if it doesn't pay off? I am almost positive the gods are waiting on this outcome as sort of a test.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:07 am

I do not ask for guidance, I ask for insight. Our gods have already shown you the paths available to you, they just wait to see which one you choose.

Tyr has shown me that there can be no gain without sacrifice and that for every choice there is a consequence.

I wish you the best in whichever path you decide to embark upon.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 am

I must choose the harder path, seek more knowledge and prosperity even at the cost of a constant uphill battle. I had hoped you would reply. Thank you, Tyrsman.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:16 pm

From my personal experience, nothing worth doing is easy. It is the hard path the forges us into stronger beings. As is said in out own writings, cowards exclude themselves. I find this to be true. There are 7 Billion people on earth, a lot of them do the easy thing, the common thing, the average thing. To those that wish to live the heroic ideal, the gods present another path, the path of struggle and hardship, a path that will allow you the opportunity to stand out. Such opportunities are a gift, one most reject.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:31 pm

Personally, I mainly find the guidance from the gods upon reflection. I've been seeking knowledge all my life, and it has led me to here and the old gods. The challenge is seeing the weavings of the Norns in the present and the future- a difficult task which I cannot currently do, but which some on this forum can do.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Redskegg, without failure there can be no learning. We must all fail in some endeavour in our lives in order to learn a hard lesson and approach life from different angles. The easy path may appear easy but ultimately may be the hardest path. What may appear hard initially may be the best and 'easiest' path for you in the long term. If your goal is financial success without satisfaction, then perhaps the easy path is best. If your goal is to emulate the gods, perhaps the hard path is the way. Decide where you want to be and choose the path that will get you there and will make you a better person. Storm

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:22 pm

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Redskegg, without failure there can be no learning. We must all fail in some endeavour in our lives in order to learn a hard lesson and approach life from different angles. The easy path may appear easy but ultimately may be the hardest path. What may appear hard initially may be the best and 'easiest' path for you in the long term. If your goal is financial success without satisfaction, then perhaps the easy path is best. If your goal is to emulate the gods, perhaps the hard path is the way. Decide where you want to be and choose the path that will get you there and will make you a better person. Storm

I appreciate all the replies but you hit the nail on the head. Believe it or not, coincidental or not, but I was given some insight I needed from a person today in order to make the decision and yes the "easier" path is actually going to be the more difficult, risky and rewarding path. I will take it head on. Hail.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]