View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
The 22 of December 

Hello brothers an sisters!
First of all let me apologize for any missed knowledge and mistakes, I am still new and ignorant!
To my knowladge, the odinisists "celebrate" on three occasions - The summer solstice, The 31rd of October, and the winter solstice.
This year, we only have one left, and I would very much like to preform the rite of Bragi at this time.
First of all, is the information I have correct?
Second of all, how exactly do I preform the ceremony? Can I do it by myself? Does it need to be in a certain time of the day? Are there certain words that need to be said?
Thank you for taking the time to answer me,
Purple

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello,
All of this info is available on the Odin Brotherhood website on the link The Teachings of the Odin Brotherhood. I frequently have to go back and look things up like that myself. I am sure many people on here can tell you exactly what you need to know, but if you look at that book, you can get your information straight from the source.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Thank you, I will look into that!

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:37 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
Hello,
All of this info is available on the Odin Brotherhood website on the link The Teachings of the Odin Brotherhood. I frequently have to go back and look things up like that myself. I am sure many people on here can tell you exactly what you need to know, but if you look at that book, you can get your information straight from the source.

Excellent advice.

I will add a couple of things that are of vital importance:
- Although there is nothing preventing you from performing the initiation ceremony without it, if you have not had the Meeting of Dreams, it becomes just a ceremony and not the innitiation.

- It is extremely important that the ritual be carried out in solitude. This is between the Elder Kin and you alone.

Of less importance is that Odinists observe many dates of significance, which you choose to honor with ceremony are up to you. The three dates which you refer to PurpleAlpaka are of importance to the Odin Brotherhood.

I wish you luck.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Thank you for the advice!
I do not plan on preforming the sojourn of the brave any time soon, as I did not have the meeting of the dreams nor am I ready physically or mentally.
I will however research other dates of importance, as I did not know that the three dates are only of importance to the brotherhood.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:40 pm

Those dates are important to many, they are just key dates to the Brotherhood.

There is an app you might find of interest. DAILY ASATRU provides two different translations of a daily verse from the Havamal and the Voluspa as well as a daily rune (Elder Futhark). Additionally, it will provide details on various dates of significance. For example today, Dec 9th is the Day of Remembrance for Egril Skallagrimasson.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]