View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Why are so many people falling into dishonor? 

Hello all,

I apologize for my brief absence. I was speaking to my spouse and we sat down and wrote a list of people who were once GREAT Odinists but have fallen away into such deeply dishonorable actions, no actions we took to assist them helped.

In a nutshell, here is a list of what we have seen with our own eyes:

1. Our former kindred devolve into alcoholics and provoking violent organizations like ANTIFA- these same people being the parents of young children.
2. One man in his 30's who abandoned his grade school age child for a stripper who sleeps with other men. (The mother is seeking full custody now)
3. One man who starved his infant for money for crack cocaine (I worked 3 months with the police and his family to get him behind bars for that and the child is safe with other relatives)
4. "Folkbuilders" who will not work as mediators. There are lie-tellers in our local community, but "calling them out" results in the victim being chastised for defending their reputation. (The Deitsch reputation is important in our community)
5. Sudden changes in personality where a formerly kind person suddenly becomes illogical and destructive to all they meet without any substance abuse.

Is there a reason why so many people are becoming like rabid animals? Why are people in their middle-age finding hard drugs when they have the responsibility of small children? Why is there no process in place to defend against slanderous attacks?

Even though we have withdrawn entirely from the local community, the attacks continue- calling my spouse a "necromancer" and accusations against myself as well.

There was even a false allegation of "rape" against a man who turned down a married woman's advances- not even by that woman herself, but by her friend for motivations unknown; He was not given the chance to clear his name when Justice was sought. It is clear that it is not just happening specifically to us.

Is this simply the area in which we live, or a global problem? Have many of you lost good friends in extraordinarily high amounts lately to idiocy, irresponsibility, and sudden lack of regard for personal honor and self-respect? If so, what theory do you hold as to why this is occurring? It started around 2012 and the problem is increasing rapidly. Good Odinists are being harmed by what we thought were "our own" people.

The other local pagan communities are actually offering outreach to Odinists who have been stranded or wronged in these circumstances and others...observing "Odinists are cannibalizing themselves". But why are so many going against Truth in favor of self-destruction and the destruction of others in the community?

We are a philosophy based on Frith, why is Frith deteriorating?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Short answer (because to be perfectly frank I am extremely tired to the point of exhaustion of putting any mental and emotional energy into all of this) is because dishonour no longer actually brings dishonour. Dishonour used to mean something, and was kept in check by humiliation or the sword (up to and including the times of "traditional" christianity). There used to be consequences for being dishonourable (in a broad sense).

Today, we have 'disorders", "victims", and ridiculous notions like social "justice". Today we not only make excuses for dishonourable actions and behaviours, in many cases it is justified, accepted, "tolerated". Live and let live is a wonderful notion but has NO PLACE in today's society because we have no general similarity. We no longer have a homogeneous society in any respect, and because life has become so relatively painless and easy, we have become pre-occupied with the self, pleasure, hedonism. People expect to be applauded for 'persevering' through their own hang-ups, and rewarded for empty accomplishments. People can't even take name calling. Back when I was a child we had a rhyme that began with "sticks and stones"; today we have medications, "mental anguish", "psychological trauma". We are so engulfed in meaningless non-sylogism, where before SURVIVAL and PROSPERITY was of prime importance. We have large segments of society that identify themselves by what they do with their genitals or are bent on the 1. steal underpants, 2. ??????? 3. Profit model of idealism. Utopic non-sense that has no basis in reality. We have allowed the breakdown of ethnic pride (for us anyways....), family, and other tribal characteristics. The "global consciousness", another meaningless and empty notion is the new imperialism.

That's the short version anyways.

Stigandr Melrakki
The Wanderer, White Fox

Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:50 am

White Fox, I believe you summed it up perfectly. I can only agree with everything you have said. And that is only ONE of the underlying issues degrading society at present - globally. This is not an isolated problem. This is a global epidemic. Where will it end? Destruction of society as we know it. Soon. Storm

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:12 am

StigandrMelrakki wrote:
Short answer (because to be perfectly frank I am extremely tired to the point of exhaustion of putting any mental and emotional energy into all of this) is because dishonour no longer actually brings dishonour. Dishonour used to mean something, and was kept in check by humiliation or the sword (up to and including the times of "traditional" christianity). There used to be consequences for being dishonourable (in a broad sense).

Today, we have 'disorders", "victims", and ridiculous notions like social "justice". Today we not only make excuses for dishonourable actions and behaviours, in many cases it is justified, accepted, "tolerated". Live and let live is a wonderful notion but has NO PLACE in today's society because we have no general similarity. We no longer have a homogeneous society in any respect, and because life has become so relatively painless and easy, we have become pre-occupied with the self, pleasure, hedonism. People expect to be applauded for 'persevering' through their own hang-ups, and rewarded for empty accomplishments. People can't even take name calling. Back when I was a child we had a rhyme that began with "sticks and stones"; today we have medications, "mental anguish", "psychological trauma". We are so engulfed in meaningless non-sylogism, where before SURVIVAL and PROSPERITY was of prime importance. We have large segments of society that identify themselves by what they do with their genitals or are bent on the 1. steal underpants, 2. ??????? 3. Profit model of idealism. Utopic non-sense that has no basis in reality. We have allowed the breakdown of ethnic pride (for us anyways....), family, and other tribal characteristics. The "global consciousness", another meaningless and empty notion is the new imperialism.

That's the short version anyways.

Stigandr Melrakki
The Wanderer, White Fox

I can find no flaw in your logic. I have my struggles, but I own them. If I get hurt by someone, they didn't "hurt me"- I ALLOWED for it to happen by lack of contentiousness or wisdom at the time. I attempt not to make the same mistakes in judgement repeatedly. I stumble, I fall, I recover, I move forward.

I have trauma, I deal with it, seek resources to cope with it, and apologize when my PTSD goes rogue and I fly off the handle, I understand the consequences of my actions during my episodes are sometimes irreversible and inexcusable and I do not act indignant if apologies are not accepted. However, if I am wronged, I expect the same courtesy I extend if I accidentally wrong others myself. But, there are no apologies or compensations made- and I am learning our culture places more value on "intentions" than actual actions.

Intentions are like air- meaningless. Action is the only true judge of character. If one does not intend to harm injustly, harms anyway, they simply say "I did not intend it" without apology or recompense to the wronged party. Instead, like you said, we are asked to accomodate the unjust, the delusional, and the truly sick without demanding they change their ways or seek to improve in any way.

We are told to "accept" mediocrity.

I don't demand accommodation, I have dog I have trained from a shelter. I stay the f' home and work on the homestead instead of placing myself in situations that would cause friction. I exist online, but people have the option to read what I write or to ignore it entirely- and that is perfectly fine by me.

I have learned it is best to "hermit" myself during such periods. No psychiatric medication was effective short of true medical cannabis used responsibly. Amazing- the plant we co-evolved with is marginalized but yet, is the only solution to so many common maladies.

People do not even know basic medicine for their regions, or what is native and edible. I actually wish for a collapse of society where the only thing I will miss is the company of those on this forum.

I do not even drink outside of sumbel, I don't care for the taste of alcohol.

Because of this, the whiny brat culture of trying to accommodate every single imaginary subculture of peoples is insanity and detrimental to the greater whole of the human population. This will create the downfall of this unnamed empire.

People are being used as human cannon fodder for the rich to play war-games over natural resources and political power and there is some idiot, somewhere demanding accommodation for their delusions that they "NEED" special rights for not growing up past the age of five emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. We are stuck with a culture of children- and when someone wishes for a society of adults, we are called "obstinate" and "mean" for just not allowing true obstructions to our well being to be simply "forgiven".

No. We want to live free, we want to live without monitoring, censure, or restriction with the understanding that there are consequences both positive and negative for each and every action we make- and those consequences are not always forseen.

"Mean" is what one child calls another in the sandbox. Adults discuss face to face their problems; there are few adults left!

And it seems like leaders both inside and outside of Odinism are placing more value on "Peace at all cost- even if the cost is honesty and justice" while the reality of the world is currently violence, death, and chaos.

I feel like we need a Lokisenna event on every facet of society.

People need to be told "NO. You are not a magical were-creature of ambiguous gender identity. Our best women of our ancestry fought alongside men. What more could you want than that equality to have the chance of equal honor to fight without prohibition?" And yet, I see others of my gender, people of small populations begging for "special privileges" for no apparent reason without realizing that by doing so- they are in fact saying to the world:

"I am inferior, and I deserve extra privileges for my inferiority." rather than adapting themselves and creating their own pathways through the world and finding greatness despite their challenges, they simply sit motionless in time, creating useless nothings and leaving no lasting legacy but their neglected children raised more by television than by real, live humans.

I support care of the truly medically ill and disabled- suffering can lead to spiritual insights the healthy may not so easily see since pain can be used as a means of developing compassion. I support assistance for any human in any country who fights for the freedom to own their land and the freedom to live and raise their families.

However, I see a culture of slaves to debt, insecurity, and false-desires in rootless materialism.

The farmer, warrior, and the crafts people who have the skills to build, repair, and create are marginalized compared to those who waste their lives dedicating their lives to careers that take more time with strangers than their own families- then they wonder at their misery.

The man behind a desk who speaks on a telephone is considered more valuable than the hunter? More valuable than a craftsman?

If there is no more internet, no more telephones, and no more corperations and debt- desk-work has no value. They would be lost unable to feed themselves or support their families on nature alone.

And yet, those of us who strive to live within nature away from the madness of the separations artificially imposed upon us that make humanity collectively believe we are somehow "distinct" from the rest of all nature is called insanity by those who cannot imagine life without a dishwasher, television, or supermarket. Those who have never tasted food they've grown or hunted themselves. I crave real foods- and I wish I had the ability to take a doe from my own backyard without reprisal since one good hart can feed us an entire winter since there is only 2 of us, my labrador, and even our cats "work" as superior control of pests.

Then, we are stuck with a society of miserable people who keep doing the same repetitive actions of "working" so far outside of their communities they cannot name their own neighbors, but yet, can name celebrities they will never meet. They divorce because they are strangers in their own homes.

Sharing a bed at the end of a day of working with strangers does not foster closeness between lovers...further, it is time away from the children who are often also given to strangers to raise whose ethics are not to be questioned.

I believe technology is misused and that the endless brainwashing of seeking some type of shallow fame for 15 minutes has replaced the cultural understanding that Legacy to our kith and kin is paramount.

I feel if I was just not in this time period, I would not be considered "disabled" in the slightest- but since I cannot predict when my flashbacks will occur (or my narcolepsy or miniature strokes) that thankfully precludes me from what is considered by society as "respectable work"- but yet, being able to maintain my own home without the use of having to pay for a contractor either through my own learning or through learning, keeping ties with family, and via the friendships I hold with other Odinists, I am seen as worthless by "normal" society.

The contributions to community that have no monetary value (nor should they) are disparaged all in favor of green slips of paper. I barter every opportunity for resources if I can to avoid this system of monetary enslavement.

There are communities that entirely ban gardens replacing useless lawns of grass, collecting fresh rainwater, or utilizing off-the-grid power. Even in owning a home, we are still always ever at risk at losing our properties to development of more highways to allow people to travel faster and further away from one another for the exclusive pursuit of green slips of paper. I have observed other Odinists I respect leaving the 9-5 and homesteading. I am seeing other polytheistic faiths re-emerge from the shadows and that, at least, gives me some small hope that the Gods are fighting back against the blinding fog of the political device that is their false monotheism

Yet, with the money I paid into SSDI myself, the same people who cry and beg for special rights look at one such as I and say *I* am the leech, however, even making less than poverty in what I collect, I spend the majority of my time I am within a place of sanity volunteering my chaplaincy and despite my low income, I was still able find the resources to purchase land with my spouse; since I am the one who cares for the home, I am not ashamed that I did the majority of the work to make that occur, even despite poor health physically and psychologically.

But yet, we have sociopaths ruling the United States and they are admired. We have the very smallest groups of obscure special interest asking the world to bow before their desires- and the Western world does so. These people are not invalids, they are people who play "dress-up" and want us to accept their ways of self-delusions. They harm others? They have their christ to pray to who gives them a tabula rasa instantly without making amends for any harm they may cause others, and they claim since they are "marginalized" by their own choices, they wish to punish those who disagree.

If someone disagrees with how I live my life, I do not demand they accept me. I graciously inform them that they are welcome to leave my life at any time they wish. Why do people wish so strongly to be accepted by those who have beliefs in direct opposition to their own? Why cannot we exist in a world where we just mind our own homes and families without trying to enforce ever-increasing social rules that restrict liberties?

You can have freedom or you can have security. To have both in this day and age, the only available choice is to withdraw as much as possible and learn to wear the name "pariah" with comfort and understanding that the world does not accept OUR views as Odinists necessarily, but then again, we are in no way seeking to change the world to our ways.

Even medical terminology for truly severe illnesses are co-opted by adult children to avoid the harsh realities of life. Pain and death are unavoidable. But how can these people truly experience joy or Frith if they have never suffered enough to develop compassion?

On this forum, I read what Bucky writes with such respect and admire his courage to truly live by the rules of the Gods without fear of the reprisal of our toxic culture of rootless, careless, idiocy.

Wow. I didn't think I had that in me.

As per usual, feel free to contradict, disagree, or teach me if I am incorrect in anything I have expressed!

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:16 am

I understand where you are coming from Tyrienne. White Fox had great things to say.
My two cents:
White genocide is real. I am not coming from a place of hate with saying this.
I love my people. I believe that true respect amongst other races comes from each being able to have their own living space.
White Europeans no longer have their own living space and are losing our culture.
When you add to it, the American Revolution, The War of Northern Agression, and 2 World Wars, what did we do? All we accomplished was Fratricide. Now here in America and abroad, we send soldiers out to mess with people in foreign countries and more of our people die, for what?
We have effectively destroyed some of our greatest blood lines for nothing. In my opinion, due to effeminate, destructive world leaders.
Now, we have such a pitiful society where kids can't play kickball, red rover, or tag due to anti bullying. Middle school kids get in fights and go to jail. We are raising a whole generation who, by the time they reach a military age, will never have even been in a fist fight. We are being trained to rely upon the government for everything, but the government can not provide.
Is it any wonder that our youth turn to drugs, alcohol, and suicide?
I think older people look at the world and turn to the same things now because many people have just plain lost hope.
In my mind, I can not think of any reason other than cultural genocide of white Europeans. I believe that if more of us were truly in touch with our roots and religion, we would see more strength. We live in different times, but I see many people who are realizing this and returning to the old ways. Life is a cycle and it is our time. Even if it may be the end of time(as we know it), who knows?
I would like to see actual Odinist communities.
At the same time, think about the drama that would bring.
How can we get back to our tribal roots?
Is there a way?
I don't know.
All I can do is live life the old way. It's what I do. Life for me is easy that way, except when I try to explain to a woman that I have no electricity by choice, I use wood heat, and an outhouse.
In the 60's, I hear people used to say turn on, tune in, and drop out. I think everyone needs to turn it off, tune it out, and drop out. People need to get back to what is natural. The times we live in are very real, but the world has turned into a materialistic world society....and to me....that is not REAL, even though it may be reality.

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Some good points from both of you, sweinodinsson your thoughts echo mine, and Tyrienne, when you mentioned PTSD it touched particularly close to home. I do not discount the afflictions, hardships and struggles many of us face, but you said it succinctly, we OWN them. I especially find your statements about allowing yourself to be hurt rather than others actually hurting you to be rooted in mindfulness with an attitude towards true strength. Simple words that so many people do not understand.

Stigandr Melrakki
The Wanderer, White Fox

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Hail to all of you!

To start, im going to change my writing style, to make it easier to read. I have noticed that weakness is highly regarded and embraced in our culture. I watch the news about young children wearing pink t-shirts for "anti-bullying" My wife and I agree that when we are blessed with a child He or She will be trained in combat and will never wear a pink t-shirt. He or She will fight back.

I had friends (Non Odinist) that completely fell down. They would discuss philosophy and ideals of strength, compassion and responsibility of self and all actions contained within. Only to watch them fall apart and turn their backs on what they said they held true. I am not the strongest. I too have weaknesses, industriousness being one of them. I don't have a full-time job, I am on a government pension for mental disability, but I don't make excuses or indulge in weakness because I am disabled.

I take full power over my choices. I live ego free for the most part. For what I lack financially I make up for in characteristics that are strong. I have lived as a homeless beggar on the streets and have lived as a tyrannical rich A-hole in my younger years. Society tells you to embrace fear, embrace desire, hate others as well as yourself. The masses blindly accept this and are quick to point the finger at the weak who have little, to raise their own self esteems.

I personally have to be more industrious. I am stunted in ways due to PTSD and Bipolar so I have limitations, however I do what I can to evolve past my limits including self imposed limitations. Next summer I would like to help my wife and mother in law with gardening. I also would like to read more books. I also hope to re-join Brazilian Jiujutsu if finances permit.

Yesterday I was looking into the assembly known as the Odinic Rite. It looks interesting but I know myself, that groups of people will naturally bring strong as well as weak people. I live according to my own constructs of social acceptability and am not sure if I would be seen as strong or weak in a group of Odinists. Specifically in relation to how Tyrienne stated people of her Odinist social group fell down so hard..

I choose to be strong where I can. I am no God, but have our Ancestors like Odin, Thor, Tyr and Frejya to guide me when I am able to hear or see them in dream or receive those insights that seem to benefit me in one way or another..

Hail to the Gods and my friends on this forum. I have very few friends I can talk about Odinism with or even truly connect with in this planet full of the sheep. My strength's easily offend people and my ideals are hard to live up too so I push the weak away and don't actively look for others for friends.

I am grateful for this forum and those of you I respect here.

Bucky

Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Everyone in this thread has had excellent things to say, I experienced something unusual last night that really drives this home.

I was specifically invited to a Yule event by a friend who has been estranged for over 4 years on account of lies spread by other who lie and claim Odinism, but have no courage. They disparage those who are kind or strong.

It was realized, collectively, that there is a core group of people in our local area, all connected to one another, who have touched every aspect of our local Pagan community with poison, lies, and harm- it's not only from false-Odinists, but Wiccans, to Druids, and even Unitarians and Luciferians.

In this room full of people bearing the scars of unexpected knives in backs and sudden rejection from their communities- we all came to the realization the underlying current is this sort of disease that allows for these injustices to occur and we do not know how to prevent it- and those who perpetuate these harms are the same names in each instance.

Then, today- I received notification via social media of an event from a Kindred from which we were banned simply for the simple request to face our accusers in public with mediation. I was called "combative" and that *I* was the attacker and for that, I "broke their rules of attacking an oathed member of their kindred online"- Online was the only method I had to face these accusers who run and hide from me in person.

Rules they created SPECIFICALLY after I called out the slanderer and sought her to face us in public and for mediation...and if she refused, to be shunned as is the tradition of my specific people: the Pennsylvania Deitsch.

I have approached their Goethe twice- he's actually big fumfy-fump in the Troth, but he does nothing.

What can I do to protect my family from people who feel threatened by us? First, they attacked us for our refusal to dishonor Loki and Hel, then they completely fabricated the lie that my husband is a rapist (Note: NOT by the person he allegedly raped, but a third party....the woman who was allegedly raped actually was caught dishonoring her own marriage by sleeping with a leader of the Wiccan community...which CORRECTLY expelled them (and all associated with them).

How is it possible that a coven run by Silver Ravenwolf has more honor than a community of Odinists? Even in the Wiccan community, the damaged caused by this group of cross-genre people have harmed so many so very deeply, even though they condemned the action.

My PTSD is triggered, I am in a place of rage and hurt...instead of feeling "better" that we are not alone, my very soul is offended that honest, innocent lives have been harmed and that our local Odinist "leaders" would rather pretend there is "nothing wrong" and it is mirroring the Lokisenna:

The truth tellers are being targeted and harmed. It gives me some strength to see the wounded still hold to the belief in our respective Gods, but there is no justice to be seen, and I do not know how to obtain it for all of us.

Standing in a small coalition of all pagan spirituality types suffering from the same injustices is just ghastly.

Gods, we really need to find a way to legalize trial by combat- if so, these problems would be solves immediately.

If they would not let me use the hard truths of Loki and wish to silence me, I know without a doubt if I were permitted to fight in the name of Tyr I would rather do that than continue in this purgatory of resentment.

I would rather go down in a real life fight to defend the honor of my family than suffer this for the sake of "modern civility".

There is no "civility". Courtesy is lies, peace is a lie, the only truth in life is that we all die and the only thing that we have is our deeds.

But I do not know of any "deed" that is legal that can fix my community- not just for Odinists like us- but all polytheists who have been harmed both by those who intentionally delight in spreading discord under the name of "light" (of course...it's always people who claim "Light without Darkness" who are the most sinister in nature), and those who turn a blind eye to it.

My patrons are Tyr and Loki. My words have done nothing to move those who allow this to continue to happen time and again, to family after family.... and I have no opportunity to truly fight in this culture.

The disgust I feel is so deep it burns like coal in my stomach.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Social media is a bunch of drama. Dealing with things in person is best. I have found that most groups are more about high school type drama than their stated purpose.
I have strong political and religious beliefs. I am a dues paying member to a folkish asatru organization, but do not get involved in any shenanigans nor am I aware of any. I mostly just am a member to read their literature, support the furtherance of my beliefs, and every once in a while, meet up with other members just to fellowship with like minded people, but I don't talk about anything other than Odinism or enjoyable activities we hold in common.
I also have strong political beliefs, instead of being a member of an organization, after what I have witnessed, I prefer just to be friends with people from many different groups and let them have all their internal drama.
I have a drama free bubble around me and when someone starts encroaching on my bubble with their drama, I exit the scene and go quiet on them, because I don't care.
Also, what is the law? If another MAN insults my honour, I smash him. If he does it behind my back or online or whatever, I don't go into a hissy fit or call them up talking trash. I just wait til I see them and confront them. If we fight and I go to jail, so be it. fortunately when you live life that way, not many people want to act that way towards you because they know you will not feed into their shenanigans and there WILL BE a physical punishment.
Just my personal solution for drama. Hail!

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:07 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
Social media is a bunch of drama. Dealing with things in person is best. I have found that most groups are more about high school type drama than their stated purpose.
I have strong political and religious beliefs. I am a dues paying member to a folkish asatru organization, but do not get involved in any shenanigans nor am I aware of any. I mostly just am a member to read their literature, support the furtherance of my beliefs, and every once in a while, meet up with other members just to fellowship with like minded people, but I don't talk about anything other than Odinism or enjoyable activities we hold in common.
I also have strong political beliefs, instead of being a member of an organization, after what I have witnessed, I prefer just to be friends with people from many different groups and let them have all their internal drama.
I have a drama free bubble around me and when someone starts encroaching on my bubble with their drama, I exit the scene and go quiet on them, because I don't care.
Also, what is the law? If another MAN insults my honour, I smash him. If he does it behind my back or online or whatever, I don't go into a hissy fit or call them up talking trash. I just wait til I see them and confront them. If we fight and I go to jail, so be it. fortunately when you live life that way, not many people want to act that way towards you because they know you will not feed into their shenanigans and there WILL BE a physical punishment.
Just my personal solution for drama. Hail!

Hail to you, brother!

I pay no dues to any organization because I volunteer as a chaplain for our people and it is honorable to remain unbiased. I work with the local folkbuilders as needed when I see potential problems, but the dishonour that is allowed to continue to be spread against us angers me.

Regardless, I still do my sworn duty to help whom I can, even if I do not receive the same respect in return from the organizations who benefit.

I feel like a Odinist "sorting hat", I notice jewelry and tattoos and people write to me asking for places with open ritual for them to meet other Odinists of similar mindsets.

/10 points for Ravenclaw, of course.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:33 am

Tyrienne wrote:
Why are so ma4ny people falling into dishonor?

I think the answer to that question, as attested to by the responses made so far, is that remarkably few people achieve true honor in the first place. They do not fall into dishonor, they never leave it in the first place. They can recognize honor and they can make all the right noises to appear honorable...for a short time. But ultimately their true nature shines through.

I frequently use "the tide analogy" for a variety of subjects but this is one where it fits perfectly. We stand against the tide of culture. It ebbs and floods on its own cycle and while we can never stop it, those who truly honor the old ways, not just in word but in all aspects of our everyday life will not swept away like those who pretend.

Also, I strongly suspect that those who play at having honor have a deep jealousy of those who do actually have it. That is why so often they put so much effort into dragging the truly honorable down.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Tyrienne wrote:
Why are so ma4ny people falling into dishonor?

I think the answer to that question, as attested to by the responses made so far, is that remarkably few people achieve true honor in the first place. They do not fall into dishonor, they never leave it in the first place. They can recognize honor and they can make all the right noises to appear honorable...for a short time. But ultimately their true nature shines through.

I frequently use "the tide analogy" for a variety of subjects but this is one where it fits perfectly. We stand against the tide of culture. It ebbs and floods on its own cycle and while we can never stop it, those who truly honor the old ways, not just in word but in all aspects of our everyday life will not swept away like those who pretend.

Also, I strongly suspect that those who play at having honor have a deep jealousy of those who do actually have it. That is why so often they put so much effort into dragging the truly honorable down.

I thought that was a possibility- but your words really make me consider it as the most logical answers to this question:
They "play" at Odinism like it's ComicCon every sumbel...but when someone does it every single day, they don't have the maturity to realize real honor doesn't care to impress other humans. It's just the correct manner of living for a full, productive life.

If they believe it is to "show them up" and they want to "retaliate", may Odin visit their homes and teach them otherwise! :)

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Quote:
They "play" at Odinism
Which reiterates what I have said on this forum before, there are many 'fluff' Odinists - unfortunately, even here - and reinforces Tyrsman when he says
Quote:
remarkably few people achieve true honor in the first place. They do not fall into dishonor, they never leave it in the first place.
This is as They want it - a lot of hot air but no action, people beating each other up via a screen. Again, the breakdown and eventual annihalation of our society. There are many 'armchair honourable warriors', there are few real honourable warriors. Storm

Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:13 pm

I would think me screaming: "FACE ME IN REAL LIFE YOU SLANDEROUS, LYING SCUM!" and demanding mediation was pretty darned honroable of me.

The screen allows for the diseased ignorance of foul people to spread faster and without reprisal like never before.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:22 am

It's simple.

It's too hard to be honorable in today's world.

And the average sheep does not want to do the hard work.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
I would think me screaming: "FACE ME IN REAL LIFE YOU SLANDEROUS, LYING SCUM!" and demanding mediation was pretty darned honroable of me.

The screen allows for the diseased ignorance of foul people to spread faster and without reprisal like never before.

To those with honor yes, but the dishonorable will run from anything that is likely to expose their true nature like a cockroach from sunlight.

I agree with Storm, there are far too many fluff Odinists. They are well suited for renaissance faires, fan conventions, and other occasions where they wish to be seen but as brushwolf points out, meeting the standards of true honor in every situation day after day is just too much work for them.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Hail.

As a child I started my own odd jobs business. Had newspaper routes. Did snow shoveling, did orchard work. I would ride my bike 20miles a day every day. I would swim at least a mile a day at the swimming pool while other kids my age smoked drugs and drank alcohol.

I chose to be strong. I notice 99% of people in general choose dishonor or when the light exposes their shadow self or when they are called to prove themselves in one of life's initiation's they fall and crumble.

It's hard being a hero in today's world. I am now noticing how christianized everything is. I am now even seeing the truth of this world and universe as the body of a slain giant. Am I crazy? No. I can understand entire universes can exist in an atom. What if we too are a mere atom? Strength is hard. Watching tv and eating mcdonalds is easier for the sleepers. Being God Like is hard I'm noticing quite honestly 99% of people are zombies. Ready to fear, consume, or desire and their lives and bloodlines fall into decay and ruin.

Thus people are weak and it's disgusting. By the way I hope all of you had a good winter solstice and honored our Ancestral Gods.

Bucky

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:47 am

This has been a great thread to follow. I've read several points that succinctly articulated what I imagine many of us intuitively understand. Thank you for your carefully considered posts!
r

Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:55 am

The world is a wet hill right now. In the age of decadence, it begins to rain harder and harder.

Thrust into the world, not raised on anything that might help you survive the rain, and the odds of you slipping are high. There's no dishonor here, but no honor either. It simply is.

This is why it is needed for the worlds to crumble to dirt and grow from that dirt, because the rain only grows worse until something major happens.

It has always been my belief that the new world is better than the world. That the gods who survive ragnarok, or whatever apocalypse is occurring, attempt to fix the mistakes of the world prior. In theory, perhaps billions of years ago, our world was only able to survive a cycle that would have lasted until "our" 500A.C. The norsemen were accurate in predicting an age of decadence, and every other part of the cycle, but it's fun to note they never say how long each lasts, or when it begins. Perhaps this is wisdom that survives throughout all cycles, even when we reach a golden day in which we can survive as honorable beings for thousands of years beyond our grasp.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:55 pm

As an example from my prior profession (law enforcement), I once had a frequent flyer come up to me and ask to go to jail. I stood there baffled, wondering why on earth anyone would want to go to jail. I asked him why he wanted to go to jail. Long story short, it's where he was used to being and that's where most of his friends were. I told him I couldn't just put him in jail but he ended up confessing to some crimes to get in later. I thought on those events for a few days. I would be horrified to go to jail. The social embarrassment, feelings of failure, family dishonor, etc. would be crushing to me. However, with the frequent flyer I realized none of those factors mattered to him.

Now, in my current profession with the courts, I see these same types of stories play out over and over. Society is so large people get lost in the system. People don't know each other so the only group to hold honor with is the family. Thus, if the family is broken or just finds such behaviors acceptable then those behaviors continue. The loss of the clan, kindred, and family has meant a loss of responsibility.

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next