View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Visions 

As a young man, Just 18, I have Struggled with finding my purpose in this life. Tho my years in this age are few at this point I have always felt as if Id lived other lives. Now I have no clue what I've felt/seen or if I've gone mad, but all I can do is explain what these floods of Feeling/visions felt and feel like, and hope that some one here has felt the same things or at least know what this may mean. Now I also have no idea if it is appropriate for me to come to you all for guidance but I pray to whom i must that it is.

The First it happened I was real little, around 5 or 6. I woke up in the middle of the night with the feeling of rushing water over my feet, I was standing in a stream surrounded by a battle and burning woods. women screamed as their men fell dead, the sound of metal on metal, metal thru flesh and against wood. I could even smell the over whelming stench of warm blood. I saw and felt this for almost 7 years before it changed
The emotions i felt wear. *Terror, Hate, Contempt, Anger, Love, pain, loss

The Second vision was much different. I was in the middle of Thanks Giving dinner with my Catholic family. I had gone to the restroom and on my way back I was now standing out side of a small village in a grassy field with boulders littered everywhere. I had started walking towards the house when women ran out towards me crying in joy. She was running towards me and right as shes within feet of me, everything goes back to normal. And to this day her face is the only face I've ever seen in any of my 'visions'.
The emotions i felt were. *Love, Joy, Longing, sadness, Hate, Pride, Comfort

The latest was the worst one yet. 2 nights ago. 12/9. I was in class when I back in that field only it was night and the town was razed the damn earth. The ash in the air was still super thick in the air. I walked thru the village toward the house that the women had run to me from, what I saw was terrible. The only thing i wanna say about what i was was her body lying in the mud with a Thurisaz branded on her back.

I've gone to many different people for help. I've talked to Voodoo women in Louisiana. I've talked to Buddhist monks. I never knew where the visions took place until the other night when i saw the Thurisaz. Please Help Me Find Meaning

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:24 am

It sounds like you are seeing a past life, but crazy that is is happening without intentending for it to and not just when you are sleeping and dreaming. Most of my visions come during sleep, but I have had a lot of success with past life regressions. I did experience some traumatic stuff, but seeing it in my regressions came as a relief.
If you're seeing runes, I think you've come to the right place. Hopefully, someone here will have some words of wisdom for you, as there are some really wise souls who frequent this forum.
Do you believe in reincarnation? I don't know the OB's stance on this subject, but my own belief is that souls do reincarnate. I believe that it is possible to carry baggage from one life to the next, sort of like not getting over something that happened in the past. Also, I believe some souls have a deep connection, and may find one another again in the next life, though in my case, I am still searching for someone I knew in another life.
Perhaps there is something important for you to understand. I'd suggest meditating on these things.
I hope you find the answers you seek.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:01 am

Thanks for responding! Its a relief that someone understands some of what I've been dealing with. You said few terms that struck me. Yes i believe in Reincarnation, to a point i never really understood the concept tho to e honest. But you had referred to the visions as a 'Regression'? What do you mean by it. And you had also said that it was crazy that It was happening unintentionally, Does this mean that there's a learned way to trigger visions? I know how personal the visions can feel, as you literally live the memory's, I'm just curious as to what you've seen/experienced. Thank you again for responding

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 am

Aghi wrote:
Thanks for responding! Its a relief that someone understands some of what I've been dealing with. You said few terms that struck me. Yes i believe in Reincarnation, to a point i never really understood the concept tho to e honest. But you had referred to the visions as a 'Regression'? What do you mean by it. And you had also said that it was crazy that It was happening unintentionally, Does this mean that there's a learned way to trigger visions? I know how personal the visions can feel, as you literally live the memory's, I'm just curious as to what you've seen/experienced. Thank you again for responding

Regression just means to go "back" to a certain point in your life or past lives. There are methods to induce such visions, which I have practiced with success. But I've been having dreams since I was a little kid which held significance for me. I have often dreamt of my grandfather who die what I was 11, and those dreams are not mere wishful thinking. Once, after I had left home to live in Germany, I dreamt of my Rottweiler. I found her abandoned in the woods when I was in middleschool and brought her home. When I left, she stayed with my family, and I had been gone a year when I saw her in a dream. She told me she was going to die, not with words, it was more like telepathy. The thoughts just went from her mind to mine. I told her to wait, because I was coming home in a few months to visit, and I wanted to see her. So, she waited. We had our reunion, and some months later, she died quite without warning from some sort of blood disease. I guess she'd been sick for a long time but showed no symptoms until a week before her death. But she knew, and I knew her time was running out. She wasn't old, maybe 7 or 8 yrs.
That's just an example of visions happening without doing something to make them happen.
The past life regressions I've done were mostly another matter, but once I unlocked that box they started happening in dreams, but not often. I don't have waking visions, only instincts, like my intuition warning me away from something/someone, things like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if doing vision quests would come quite easily for you if it already happens when you are awake and not even trying. But careful with that. It might be a good idea to learn to control when your visions occur, not to sound cryptic, but I doubt it would be a good idea to have a vision while driving, for example.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:08 pm

How can I control this. I know no one who comes close to helping or giving any meaningful guidence. And I have no clue where to begin searching or explain what's happening to me. Someone please help.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:22 am

Have you researched “lucid dreaming”? I do not know if it will help with a vision but it might.

Also, you might consider speaking to a shaman about this. To me, this sounds as though it might possibly be related to astral projection of some sorts.

The Thurisaz rune in the third vision may hold the key to unlocking at least some of the answers you seek.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Sometimes you will find that the visions have something in them that you need to address - either something that happened or a situation that arose. My first vision was when I was 11 - battle scenes that were bloody and long. Over the years there have been many including one where my daughter now was either my older sister or my mother - I'm not sure which but it's pretty freaky! Like you these can come at any time including during my daily routine. Take note of what's happening/happened - the message will never be literal, and they won't be easy. We are feed breadcrumbs in order to seek out the answer. Good luck, Stormr

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:50 am

In my own experience just before I hit puberty I used to see visions which I can't now recount and I used to be terrified of the dark because I used to see moving shadows and once an old woman even sat at the foot of my bed and I was so terrified I pulled the covers over my head but I could still feel the weight at the end of the bed next to my feet. I told my mother of things I had seen and dreams of battles and such and she told me that it was all in my mind and that it was my imagination and I should use it to write stories. So I began writing my story and as I got older and continued writing I began to search for a place in history that fit my with my narrative and take my book from fantasy to historical fiction. What happened next blew my mind. The names of my characters, the names of their parents and even the manner of their deaths almost lined up completely with Ivar Vidfamme and his father Halfdan, with only minor deviation from the saga. In my imagination, I thought I had created these men and would speak to them in my mind as a kid and ask them questions, I even jumped around acting out the battles I had seen in my mind when I was a kid. It was one of the few moments in life where I didn't know what to do, it was quite the coincidence.

I struggled most of my life thinking I spent most of my life in my own head and imagination and was somehow ineffectual because of it. So I began to do things to "ground" myself in reality. From physical exercise to taking a cold shower, anything that causes you focus on the here and now is beneficial to those who feel they can't control their visions. Once you realize not all thoughts come from you but only you allow certain thoughts to affect and influence you, you gain power over your own mind. Which is really what this is about.

Right now there is a torrent of information pouring into you, the more senses they affect the more emotional it becomes and the more it scars you. Remembering things in exact detail isn't real memory and ability to recall isn't really learning either, real memory that matters is intuitive. We all have seen films where a victim of amnesia doesn't recall events in their mind but they know their enemies by instinct. All animals in the wild survive by this instinctual knowledge and human beings are different. It is just more difficult to master since men are "rational animals" especially since civilization has domesticated man.

"The wolf hates the dog because he choose food from a human hand and the warmth of a fire over freedom. Only the wild ones howl at the moon."

This is also mentioned in the Odin Brotherhood book. If you have not read it, I recommend you do.

AUTHOR: And what is the third foundation for polytheism?

THE ODIN BROTHERHOOD: We appeal to an emotion in our souls: we feel the gods are many.

AUTHOR: Appealing to an emotion is rather irrational.

THE ODIN BROTHERHOOD: True. But Odinists know the irrational can be a source of illumination.

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Aghi wrote:
How can I control this. I know no one who comes close to helping or giving any meaningful guidence. And I have no clue where to begin searching or explain what's happening to me. Someone please help.

You won't be able to make it stop so long as you fear it. Nor so long as you remain curious.

You can't look away from anything that terrifies you, nor from anything you sincerely wish to know more about.

You will never lose the ABILITY to see this. You must choose to look away.

However.... I would advise you not to choose to look away. You would do better to learn all you can from this person's experiences. You have the privilege of not having to bear their final consequences, while still seeing all that this man saw. It would be a tremendous waste to walk away from that.

I don't know if this man was once you, or if he was someone else entirely. In the end it does not matter. In our past lives most of us were different people than we are now anyway. Even if he is your past life, he isn't you.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]