View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Confusion about "hunter-gatherer" and Viking 

Fand wrote:

So, how to carve out a place for the jarls? It sounds like in many ways, we see eye to eye, so let us try!

How do we go about bringing them together? To avoid being seen, a solution has already been provided. See the link I posted.
What would the next step be?

Unfortunately the link is dead now.

However, I think you are right that we see eye to eye. There needs to be a gathering of Jarls. That is harder to infiltrate than a gathering of "odinists". You don't become a Jarl just because you swear allegiance to the "creed of Jarls". You either are one or you are not.

Also I have to agree now with this:

Fand wrote:
Once upon a time, the relatively small and inconsequential Jesus cult, which was at the least ignored, and at most resisted, found it's way to the top of the religious and political structure. They started off as nothing in a pagan world and grew into a beast that devoured all the old ways of an entire continent.
The initial impulses may be to hide or run from such a beast, but sooner or later it will sniff you out. Only cowards run and hide. The cunning and the brave seek other ways. The brave may rush recklessly into battle, die gloriously, but lose the war, while the cunning try to outthink their opponent.

Running in order to regroup and return is different from running and never coming back.

The main reason I don't respect Mexican immigrants to the USA is that most of them try to make their lives here. If they were coming here just to gather resources so they could return to Mexico and fight to liberate their homeland from the corruption that has it in a stranglehold, I would invite them. But instead, they make the beast in their homeland stronger by simply leaving and offering it no resistance. If that goes on too much, then sooner or later, all of the Earth would become a big, giant Mexico. With nowhere left to run.

The Xian leaders/psychopaths can't be fought in a head on conflict, but they can be fought. The sheep aren't even worth the trouble of fighting.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Our kind have no more laws, we live in a state of anarchy whose government was stolen long - long ago.

So you seek to start anew, call upon your leaders. We are the leaders. We are the final say.

I have ideas and a plan, I wonder who would ever call me their Jarl. It is not my wish to be a leader, for I am forever hated. It is my wish to have us stand together, arm in wrist, as brothers and equal leaders. It is my desire to end the obscurity and to create a purpose to our subterfuge.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:30 pm

8-j wrote:
Fand wrote:

So, how to carve out a place for the jarls? It sounds like in many ways, we see eye to eye, so let us try!

How do we go about bringing them together? To avoid being seen, a solution has already been provided. See the link I posted.
What would the next step be?

Unfortunately the link is dead now.

However, I think you are right that we see eye to eye. There needs to be a gathering of Jarls. That is harder to infiltrate than a gathering of "odinists". You don't become a Jarl just because you swear allegiance to the "creed of Jarls". You either are one or you are not.

Also I have to agree now with this:

Fand wrote:
Once upon a time, the relatively small and inconsequential Jesus cult, which was at the least ignored, and at most resisted, found it's way to the top of the religious and political structure. They started off as nothing in a pagan world and grew into a beast that devoured all the old ways of an entire continent.
The initial impulses may be to hide or run from such a beast, but sooner or later it will sniff you out. Only cowards run and hide. The cunning and the brave seek other ways. The brave may rush recklessly into battle, die gloriously, but lose the war, while the cunning try to outthink their opponent.

Running in order to regroup and return is different from running and never coming back.

The main reason I don't respect Mexican immigrants to the USA is that most of them try to make their lives here. If they were coming here just to gather resources so they could return to Mexico and fight to liberate their homeland from the corruption that has it in a stranglehold, I would invite them. But instead, they make the beast in their homeland stronger by simply leaving and offering it no resistance. If that goes on too much, then sooner or later, all of the Earth would become a big, giant Mexico. With nowhere left to run.

The Xian leaders/psychopaths can't be fought in a head on conflict, but they can be fought. The sheep aren't even worth the trouble of fighting.

Excellent points!
And I noticed as well that the link is dead. Not just the link to the forum, but the whole host is down. Oh well. Moving on.

What you said about Mexicans running away from their homeland, abandoning the problems there... It struck a chord with me. For me, all my life I felt called back to my ancestral homelands, back to Europe. Now I am here, and as close as I am likely ever to be to that ancestral homeland, but maybe I'm right where I'm meant to be. To borrow a quote from one of my favourite authors, Bernard Cornwell, "Fate is inexorable!"
The fatherland seems to be the seat for turning the tides or else to put the final nail on the coffin.
Suddenly, I'm becoming acquainted with other Ásatrúar, where in the past I rarely encountered anyone of this persuasion.
So, in my case, who is running? Me, for leaving the country of my birth, to which I never felt a bond; or my ancestors who abandoned their own homelands and fled to America? (Not a knock against anyone who has come to embrace America as their homeland, by the way.)

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:28 pm

Baleyg wrote:
Our kind have no more laws, we live in a state of anarchy whose government was stolen long - long ago.

So you seek to start anew, call upon your leaders. We are the leaders. We are the final say.

I have ideas and a plan, I wonder who would ever call me their Jarl. It is not my wish to be a leader, for I am forever hated. It is my wish to have us stand together, arm in wrist, as brothers and equal leaders. It is my desire to end the obscurity and to create a purpose to our subterfuge.

First off, I kneel to no man.
But I agree with your statement of our people living in a state of anarchy, and our laws having been stolen from us.
Personally, while the masses of human cattle might think me the anarchist, I follow my own laws, listen to my own conscience. Something few people seem to be capable of these days, sadly.
I am interested to hear of your ideas and plan, but do not ask me to call you my jarl. My oath, if given at all, is not given lightly. Even the gods do not easily receive my oath, though they may have my respect.
So, if you wish to be an equal among jarls, then stop asking others to follow you, and just start doing. What is your plan, and how might others here fit into that plan?

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:38 pm

Jarls are history. I did not think it be necessary to explain these simple concepts, as I am not shy about stating my controversial beliefs - but my way is one of no lords or masters. If you think I am hungry for attention and recognition you would not be wrong and you are right to assume the intent of all people to be motivated. All that being said - who can hope to learn who has believed themselves knowing everything they need? Being a leader does not mean everyone is in service to you. Being a leader means you are in service to everyone. I fight for a concept I believe in not for self glorification. Do not be so blinded by your stubbornness that equality becomes submission - to you.

The time is not yet for me to start - though do not worry the drums of war have been beating in my head for years.

All of us following our own plan, is not going to work. I spoke about this one and got everyone inspired and it pretty much started and stopped on a thread attempting (not even doing anything) to compile all of the worlds knowledge and textbooks and not only that, have each of us give an opinion like a kindergarten show and tell class. What?

Leadership and direction are a requirement. We are humans, even as singularities our ideas ricochet around each other anyway - better to remain in unity. Remember what is important. Why compile the worlds knowledge when we have none of our own?

The first steps, for me, is finding and identifying those few who are worthy of becoming agents and brothers who can be trusted to stand in judgement as equals. Those very few who possess specific discipline and goal awareness.

If you are eager to begin, my intent is that we each should become registered and active members of local or online "asatru" circles. The wise can assume the rest.

Anyone who requires overly simple instructions, easy answers and public directives may not be eligible to be an agent of the wanderer.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:01 am

Baleyg wrote:
Jarls are history. I did not think it be necessary to explain these simple concepts, as I am not shy about stating my controversial beliefs - but my way is one of no lords or masters. If you think I am hungry for attention and recognition you would not be wrong and you are right to assume the intent of all people to be motivated. All that being said - who can hope to learn who has believed themselves knowing everything they need? Being a leader does not mean everyone is in service to you. Being a leader means you are in service to everyone. I fight for a concept I believe in not for self glorification. Do not be so blinded by your stubbornness that equality becomes submission - to you.

The time is not yet for me to start - though do not worry the drums of war have been beating in my head for years.

All of us following our own plan, is not going to work. I spoke about this one and got everyone inspired and it pretty much started and stopped on a thread attempting (not even doing anything) to compile all of the worlds knowledge and textbooks and not only that, have each of us give an opinion like a kindergarten show and tell class. What?

Leadership and direction are a requirement. We are humans, even as singularities our ideas ricochet around each other anyway - better to remain in unity. Remember what is important. Why compile the worlds knowledge when we have none of our own?

The first steps, for me, is finding and identifying those few who are worthy of becoming agents and brothers who can be trusted to stand in judgement as equals. Those very few who possess specific discipline and goal awareness.

If you are eager to begin, my intent is that we each should become registered and active members of local or online "asatru" circles. The wise can assume the rest.

Anyone who requires overly simple instructions, easy answers and public directives may not be eligible to be an agent of the wanderer.

Baleyg, no one can possibly be your agents if you do not give any means of following your plans. Joining random Ásatrú circles will not further any specific, unified goals, except for the goals of the individual circles. While that may be fine and well, if we are to achieve any greater goals, then we need to have at least a basic plan that all here agree on, so that we as individuals can move forward into these scattered circles and attempt to implement said goals.
A wanderer is not a leader. Just a vagabond loitering about the edges. If you wish to step into the role of leadership, you will have to step into the frey and become a man who is direct and bold.
As you present yourself here, I do not see in you one with the potential for leadership, but rather as one who likes to bask in the limelight. Your play at be mysterious is a gimmick that may impress the novice or gullible, but it won't work on the rest. Certainly, there are times when your words inspire, but no more than that.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am

Much like etherium, we much each individually be responsibility for our network. If one node fails, the network does not go down. There can be no leadership, in such a system.

I bask in nothing, I came here as a curiosity and have remained of my own interest and desire. There are none here who bring me sunlight and similar do I latch to the shadows.

Do not allow selfishness or jealousy to cloud your intelligence and rationalization. I say we are brothers in equal arms and you grab your weapon. Typical. I am a machine. I computate only - do not try to project unto me as some have said there will be no reflection. Your opinion of me does not change my willing to be of service and deliver skeptical divination.

I fear that, individually, we are wrought with selfish ways and all here to take and not to give. I do not blame you, I blame rome.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Baleyg wrote:
Much like etherium, we much each individually be responsibility for our network. If one node fails, the network does not go down. There can be no leadership, in such a system.

I bask in nothing, I came here as a curiosity and have remained of my own interest and desire. There are none here who bring me sunlight and similar do I latch to the shadows.

Do not allow selfishness or jealousy to cloud your intelligence and rationalization. I say we are brothers in equal arms and you grab your weapon. Typical. I am a machine. I computate only - do not try to project unto me as some have said there will be no reflection. Your opinion of me does not change my willing to be of service and deliver skeptical divination.

I fear that, individually, we are wrought with selfish ways and all here to take and not to give. I do not blame you, I blame rome.

I am not clouded by selfishness or jealously, nor have I reached for a weapon. I have merely issued you a challenge to speak plainly, to state even a fraction of your plan. But as usual, you have evaded every attempt to extract a direct answer out of you. Perhaps you enjoy running in circles? I, on the other hand, do not. Nothing constructive comes of these circular discussions, and so, I feel it would be wiser to refrain from engaging further in these ramblings.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Fand wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

I am not clouded by selfishness or jealously, nor have I reached for a weapon. I have merely issued you a challenge to speak plainly, to state even a fraction of your plan. But as usual, you have evaded every attempt to extract a direct answer out of you. Perhaps you enjoy running in circles? I, on the other hand, do not. Nothing constructive comes of these circular discussions, and so, I feel it would be wiser to refrain from engaging further in these ramblings.

Fand, I think he indirectly meant that for me, based on another post. Whether he was insulting your character or mine, it doesn't matter. He shows what he is and what he isn't. I agree that it would be wiser for us to refrain from engaging further in these ramblings. Many people here have tried to indulge him and be kind. The reason he always says he is hated is because that is what he wants. He feeds off of it, without realizing that no one here has time to hate him. He doesn't even realize that no one would waste a weapon on him, because frankly, he is not that important. He does provide a little comic relief every now and then.
I have a novel idea...lets get back to Odin Brotherhood topics on the Odin Brotherhood forum.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:55 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
lets get back to Odin Brotherhood topics on the Odin Brotherhood forum.

Might as well grab a bible and pray for heaven. Just as good as seeing less than the twice-blind. Bend your sword and be buried for it - don't hope for much more.

The is another way. It will require challenge and aversion. There is too much yeast for the loaf not to rise.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:11 am

Dude, if you are seriously going to insinuate that I am not a real Odinist, because I want to talk about Odin Brotherhood things on an Odin Brotherhood forum, then I question your mental capacities. You are just a troll.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks, sweinodinsson. Sometimes it is difficult to tell who, or what, he is talking about! But I agree, let's get back to discussing the things we came here to discuss, and put aside these senseless ramblings.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:25 pm

Baleyg wrote:
sweinodinsson wrote:
lets get back to Odin Brotherhood topics on the Odin Brotherhood forum.

Might as well grab a bible and pray for heaven. Just as good as seeing less than the twice-blind. Bend your sword and be buried for it - don't hope for much more.

The is another way. It will require challenge and aversion. There is too much yeast for the loaf not to rise.

I don't quite understand... one the Odin Brotherhood core tenants is knowlege over faith. All you are doing is sitting in contemplation and come to a conclusion without testing your hypothesis and and attempt to brand others as heretics of the truth who don't see things the way you do. I would say this is equivalent to faith to an atheist creed with Pagan flavoring added. You are blinding yourself to potentials because for you it is beyond the realm of plausibility.

I think this conversation is productive in the way that someone new to the forum may read this conversation and avert themselves from the same mind trap.

Now if you believe that the Gods are archtypes of the Aryan subconscious and survive in the blood you are free to believe that. There are many neo Pagans groups who follow this way of think, but it is not the Odin Brotherhood lore. I would say archtypes are real and it is a layer to the mystery but they themselves are not the Gods.

Would it not make sense for beings who created a race of men to imbue at a subconscious understanding of the gods themselves at an instinctual level.

Why do all Wolves howl to the moon or chimps dance beneath waterfalls? How does a snake instinctually know how to survive without a teacher? Why don't domestic animals have the same instincts and is it possible domesticated man lost the same instincts? Just some thoughts to ponder.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm

Bjorn you can truly sit here and say I am the proponent of faith over knowledge? I completely expect to be hated - I am telling people their dreams are no reality.

I would be weary to trust lore, it is heavily latin inspired. Do not be so certain you tome of 100 years tells all tales.

To those who fall into the "trap" of free thinking and resistance I encourage you to follow the example of one who does not submit.

The next brave enough to be hated, I will gladly call Bragi.

"Let him who can stand alone come forward, let him who can trust in only himself reveal himself - that he may be trusted amoung others. "

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Bjornberserk, I really do think that mankind truly have become domesticated and have lost so much of their instincts. There are some exceptions, as we can see in the few remaining tribal societies living within the last holdouts of wilderness in the world. Such as south american tribes.
But the average human is much like the domesticated cow. They have lost their wild spirit. All of us have, to varying degrees. Then there are those of us hanging on in the fringes of modern society, longing for some distant past when men were free, and the world was wild and unspoiled. We struggle to find our place in a world that does not want us. I don't think it is the earth who doesn't want us, but rather the disassociative masses. Unfortunately, they are the obstacles that stand in our way and prevent us from moving freely and living in symbiosis with the earth and according to our own will.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:10 am

Baleyg wrote:
Bjorn you can truly sit here and say I am the proponent of faith over knowledge? I completely expect to be hated - I am telling people their dreams are no reality.

I would be weary to trust lore, it is heavily latin inspired. Do not be so certain you tome of 100 years tells all tales.

To those who fall into the "trap" of free thinking and resistance I encourage you to follow the example of one who does not submit.

The next brave enough to be hated, I will gladly call Bragi.

"Let him who can stand alone come forward, let him who can trust in only himself reveal himself - that he may be trusted amoung others. "

Yes, I think you are without realizing it.

I would say an Odinist doesn't trust anything until he finds a way to test it, in one way or another. I don't think we here on the forum are scholars but seekers of truth. The lore points the way.

I also think you misread my intent. I don't condemn you for "unorthodoxy" with my words, I am trying to suggest a way of thinking you may not have considered. I think perhaps you are putting your expectations into the words of others instead of trying to figure out what they are trying to convey to you. When I use the word trap I only meant you have placed an obstacle in front of yourself on what could potentially be a path to truth.

Also I don't quite understand what you mean by the next brave enough to be hated? Are you trying to say that opposing Brotherhood ideas on a Brotherhood internet forum....is brave?
You can come here to try and learn with an exchange of ideas but I'm not sure you are really benefiting from this.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Baleyg wrote:

Leadership is needed when people don't already know what to do of their own accord. And this is often the case. But not always.

Baleyg wrote:

Some people are thralls. Some are Jarls. Some are sociopaths.

Thralls are doing the best for themselves if they follow Jarls. But they're morons. And it's easy for them to get tricked by sociopaths who come along and tell them a story that is "too good to be true".

A sociopath's best weapon is the spread of utopian idealisms such as Christianity, Islam, or Communism. Which, being impossible to actually create, lead to a constant state of "anything goes" (for the cause.)

Sociopaths are the most powerful when true anarchy reigns. Otherwise the Jarls would avoid letting them harm their thralls. Because the thralls are their thralls, just like how your car is your car, or your iPhone is your iPhone. You don't beat your phone, or your horse, or your dog. Because it is worth something to you.

But the sociopaths don't value the thralls, because they are sure they can always go out and get more.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:01 am

8-j wrote:
Quote:

Thralls are doing the best for themselves if they follow Jarls. But they're morons. And it's easy for them to get tricked by sociopaths who come along and tell them a story that is "too good to be true".

A sociopath's best weapon is the spread of utopian idealisms such as Christianity, Islam, or Communism. Which, being impossible to actually create, lead to a constant state of "anything goes" (for the cause.)

Sociopaths are the most powerful when true anarchy reigns. Otherwise the Jarls would avoid letting them harm their thralls. Because the thralls are their thralls, just like how your car is your car, or your iPhone is your iPhone. You don't beat your phone, or your horse, or your dog. Because it is worth something to you.

But the sociopaths don't value the thralls, because they are sure they can always go out and get more.

This is a very clear assessment, in my opinion. It certainly seems to accurately depict the state of the world in which we live. All the so called leaders are sociopaths, all exploiting the people, enslaving all and caring for none. They do not lead so much as herd the masses to their doom.
As lone wolves, I see no way for the freethinkers to ever turn the tides. It is said wolves are pack animals, and a wolf only strikes out alone to die. So if we are to remain lone wolves, then we are as equally doomed as the sheep who blindly follow the herd.
And just like wolves, you have alphas and all the rest. Not all of the wolves are born to lead the pack, nor even the herd. Though we may see things for what they are, some of us lack the charisma and cunning to bring the sheep into the fold and keep them there without a strong alpha. The jarls had their oath men, and so too do we need to emulate this model. The oath men were no less wolves than the jarl. A sheep can not be trusted to keep faith when times get tough, but a wolf will not likely betray the pack. So, there are wolves, and some are alphas. And there are sheep. Then there are the sociopaths who turn it all to chaos and infect the herd with the rot of deception and decadence.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:28 am

Fand wrote:
8-j wrote:
Quote:

This is a very clear assessment, in my opinion. It certainly seems to accurately depict the state of the world in which we live. All the so called leaders are sociopaths, all exploiting the people, enslaving all and caring for none. They do not lead so much as herd the masses to their doom.
As lone wolves, I see no way for the freethinkers to ever turn the tides. It is said wolves are pack animals, and a wolf only strikes out alone to die. So if we are to remain lone wolves, then we are as equally doomed as the sheep who blindly follow the herd.
And just like wolves, you have alphas and all the rest. Not all of the wolves are born to lead the pack, nor even the herd. Though we may see things for what they are, some of us lack the charisma and cunning to bring the sheep into the fold and keep them there without a strong alpha. The jarls had their oath men, and so too do we need to emulate this model. The oath men were no less wolves than the jarl. A sheep can not be trusted to keep faith when times get tough, but a wolf will not likely betray the pack. So, there are wolves, and some are alphas. And there are sheep. Then there are the sociopaths who turn it all to chaos and infect the herd with the rot of deception and decadence.

Varg Vikernes (Thuleanperspective on YouTube for those who don't know.) Made a good video concerning people in general. In the video he speaks of a reindeer colony on an Iisand free from predators and and full of eatible vegetation that causes the reindeer population to explode. Before long the island can't support the reindeer population and almost all of them die.

The domesticated human being is just as unnatural as the the domesticated farm animals, it serves only to profit the farmer.
"The wolves resented dogs because they gave up freedom for the warmth of a fire.". -Call of the wild

Trying to fit all the different sorts of people that thrive in "civilization" and compare them to different animals isn't quite accurate. There is the pig vs boar, the wolf vs dog, the dancing bear vs brown bear. One is fierce and the other a joke. One is an eternal child that seeks to eat from the hand of a master and relies on systems for sustanence its entire existence, the other seeks to experience life by the rules of nature, and to live and die by its own merit, because the free creature realizes that some things are worth more then life, where the domesticated animals views nothing more valuable then life life at any cost, not realizing how much they gave up.

There was a time many called me a sociopath, the definition is not a factual one, but to the domesticated man anything that disrupts the feeding system is psychopathic. Man does not owe other men any more respect then he does other creatures. If a man wants to eat he will kill an animal or plant so he would survive regardless of how much he wants that food source. Most animals, both wild and domestic would put up a fight. I'm not so sure of domestic men.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Fand wrote:

There is quite a lot of truth in this.

I can't even comment further than that. It's just a very true statement.

Quote:

The rot is the belief in a utopia. There is no way to become so charismatic that you can convince someone to accept a less than beautiful truth, when what they already have is a utopian dream.

It does not matter that the dream is a lie. It is like trying to convince somebody who has found refuge in a drug such as heroine, to give up the drug, and come back and live the rest of their life in the real world. Even years later, after the physical addiction has left them entirely, they will long to return. (Which is probably why so many scholars have described religion as being "opium for the masses").

What do you do if you find yourself living in a whole world of heroine addicts, and only you and a few others remain untainted by the addiction? You can see that the heroine dealers now run the world. And it is not quite, but almost a crime not to be taking the drug. (Although it is considered ok to choose among a variety of flavors for the drug, so long as you are taking some form of opiate.)

I don't know the full answer to that question. But I think the first step would be to look for others, and probably for the whole group to be keeping their identities secret.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next