View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
FAREWELL 

I came to this forum hoping for serious talk about our creed. Lately there's been a lot of gender-bender shite hinting that Aldathr was transgender and whether we're REALLY knowledgeable about freemasonry here. F*** y'all. You're a gaggle of esoterica mongers and day-tripping pagan-pretenders. I'm off to look for Odinists for whom this isn't another goddamned game.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:12 pm

I believe you've misread several posts. If you are interested in "serious talk" you might consider the placement and content of your posts. You have a lot of travel and lived experience that could benefit the forum, but your discussions are typically buried in other folks' threads. I would be interested in more discussion about your experiences with Theravada, your experiences in an interracial marriage, and adapting to different religious backgrounds as you've lived abroad. In my opinion, this might be a good time for you to channel your frustration and apply it to course-correction for this "sangha". Nevertheless, I wish you the best.

r

Last edited by RedSon on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Wotan's Late Harvest wrote:
I came to this forum hoping for serious talk about our creed. Lately there's been a lot of gender-bender shite hinting that Aldathr was transgender and whether we're REALLY knowledgeable about freemasonry here. F*** y'all. You're a gaggle of esoterica mongers and day-tripping pagan-pretenders. I'm off to look for Odinists for whom this isn't another goddamned game.

Do you always quit so easily when you encounter opposition or even a contrary opinion?

It matters little to me if people want to discuss a social club like the Masons. How others wish to involve themselves in their community is up to them.

As for questioning Odin's sexuality...if somebody can mount a logical argument which supports that then maybe I would join the conversation otherwise it is easy enough to ignore the drivel. Leaving the party in a huff IS always an option but does not come across as very mature.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:13 am

Alot of folks who post here are been here for years and perhaps already have discussed the things you want to talk about, perhaps bring up a thread yourself if you want peoples opinions.

I also think you are misrepresenting what other threads were about, no one here said or insinuated that Odin was "transgender" a question was asked by someone off the forum and a moderator answered.

As for the Freemasonry post it went from asking opinions on the matter to some showing they have an opinion on things they really don't know anything. My point in continuing the conversation wasn't as a promotion of Freemasonry but to point out the dishonesty in trying to push an ignorant opinion. I gave my reasons why I looked into Freemasonry and in the same breath why I choose not to pursue, in hopes that others may benefit from then post and perhaps someone wiser than I could contribute.

That being said your slanders against the forum and those who post don't have a foundation as you are misrepresenting the threads you complain about and you really have no idea to whom you are levelling these accusations. Your post however speaks magnitudes.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed your day trip on the forum. RIP "Late Harvest" 2017-2017

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:11 pm

Good luck and all the best on your 'quest' to find what you are looking for.

If the discussions here are not to your liking, so be it however as already mentioned everyone has an opinion and is entitled to discuss what they choose - through questions come answers.

It is always best to know what our 'enemies' are about in order to outwit them when the time come. You have chosen your path, tread well. Stormr

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:28 pm

I hope you find what you seek.

I wouldn't take this forum to be representative of the OB itself, though. They've got secret forums where the actual members discuss stuff. This is the one that is open to the public, where just anyone, from any walk of life, holding any perspective, can post stuff (within limits).

Most of what you're going to read here is just people looking for something.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]