View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
A walk without time 

"Remember!" I heard the words within my head,
"Remember who you are" called the dead.

For years I heard but I did not heed,
For I had not yet drank of the sacred mead.

Srouted enough to forget, yet still in the shade,
I had not yet hammered myself into a blade.

A womb-bearer with Freyja's gift helped me open an eye,
Where I saw the lands we travel when we die.

Many things I saw but those are for me,
But some I will tell, my friend for thee.

Cross roads where Midgard, dreams and Hel meet,
I found a graveyard where a small child I did greet.

He ran about the stones and played on a great cenotaph,
He hid behind gravestones and let out a laugh.

All the graves were filled except one that caught my eye,
There was one yet open for one who had yet to die.

Etched clear was my name on the ancient tombstone,
All the graves were filled save this one alone.

I heard the boy laugh as he skipped and jumped about,
"Why are you laughing?" I began to shout.

It was then he jumped in front of me with a wicked smile,
"Why are you so serious?" He asked me with some guile.

"Is this the way you want the story to go?"
"The joyless seeker will have nothing to show."

He laughed and he smiled and then ran away,
But that young gave a gift, I have yet to pay.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:12 pm

The timing of this poem is strage. I had a dream last night that woke me up.
I was out back working on my rabbit pens when a strange cat showed up and my dog started chasing it. I went to get the dog to leave it alone and saw 3 women showed up at my house (i think they represented the Norns) they showed up in a strange way that freaked me out. Then the one who was driving got out of the SUV and walked toward me smiling with a knife at the ready. I was armed, but was so terrified that I didn't draw my knife. She (with her sisters behind her) walked toward me in slow motion, smiling as I walked backwards into a corner. Her smile had me confused. I kept thinking, "Why is she smiling at me and she is about to cut the end of my thread? Should I be happy or scared?" Then I woke up.

In my waking life, if someone was coming at me with a knife, I wouldn't be scared, I would be ready (speaking from unfortunate experience). In the dream, I was more terrified than I have ever been in my life.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I get some of the references in your poem know where you are coming from with it. I like your poem and it feels like it is related to my dream. What do you think, Bjorn?

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:15 am

sweinodinsson wrote:
The timing of this poem is strage. I had a dream last night that woke me up.
I was out back working on my rabbit pens when a strange cat showed up and my dog started chasing it. I went to get the dog to leave it alone and saw 3 women showed up at my house (i think they represented the Norns) they showed up in a strange way that freaked me out. Then the one who was driving got out of the SUV and walked toward me smiling with a knife at the ready. I was armed, but was so terrified that I didn't draw my knife. She (with her sisters behind her) walked toward me in slow motion, smiling as I walked backwards into a corner. Her smile had me confused. I kept thinking, "Why is she smiling at me and she is about to cut the end of my thread? Should I be happy or scared?" Then I woke up.

In my waking life, if someone was coming at me with a knife, I wouldn't be scared, I would be ready (speaking from unfortunate experience). In the dream, I was more terrified than I have ever been in my life.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I get some of the references in your poem know where you are coming from with it. I like your poem and it feels like it is related to my dream. What do you think, Bjorn?

I wouldn't worry about hijacking the thread dude.

I had a realization before that one of my greatest fears is I would never live up to my destiny, that I would be cut short before I accomplish my goals or I would not be able to pass on what I've learned of the lore. These poems posted here are part of the trail incase that happens. To me I would say it sounds like your dreams reflect a similar fear, although it is often said the Gods can send us dreams only you really know for sure.

As for the poem being related to your dream? Its possible...when I sit in meditation I sometimes feel as if I am just allowing divine inspiration out and I am just doing my best to interpret the feelings. I don't mean to sound egotistical when I say that, and I am not impying my poetry is fantastic as I do my best to be unattached to the resulting work. It's for learning for me and perhaps to pass on something for others. Like the lore I believe all our actions are multilayered and have implications in the web of wyrd more than we can imagine.

Long story short; yes, perhaps it is. I hope perhaps it give you some answers brother.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]