View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Peaches of youth 

I have read that the apples were referred to as the peaches of youth. Can anybody tell me more about this?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 pm

A kenning perhaps? A peach is a fruit with a hidden secret (its stone-like pit).

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I believe you are right in more ways then you know.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 pm

I usually know more than I say.
A good kenning has several layers of truth. For those who can understand, this is an exceptional one.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 am
Site Admin

The Brotherhood uses the term as a "recognition" sign as well.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:12 am

Tyrsman wrote:
A good kenning has several layers of truth. For those who can understand, this is an exceptional one.

Now, you see, I knew that your first answer had more - wise man. This information can be found if you know where to look. Storm

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:12 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

Now, you see, I knew that your first answer had more - wise man. This information can be found if you know where to look. Storm

I should probably have worded that as "I am usually thinking of more than I say." - wouldn't want anybody to get the wrong impression and think me wise, I do enjoy getting people to think though.

It's easy to ask a question and get the answer you seek, that's the most basic form of learning. Those who have learned how to learn know how to wring the most out of an apparently simple answer. The OB Forum is my oasis, one of the things I like most about it is that most here are true seekers of knowledge, always looking deeper. I appreciate that both you and Ragnar saw the deeper meaning of my initial response. It's also gratifying to have friends that can sense your intent, very few of the people I interact in person with on a daily basis can recognize a double entendre or follow a clue to a deeper meaning - and that's with the benefit of being able to hear tone and emphasis.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

I should probably have worded that as "I am usually thinking of more than I say." - wouldn't want anybody to get the wrong impression and think me wise, I do enjoy getting people to think though.

It's easy to ask a question and get the answer you seek, that's the most basic form of learning. Those who have learned how to learn know how to wring the most out of an apparently simple answer. The OB Forum is my oasis, one of the things I like most about it is that most here are true seekers of knowledge, always looking deeper. I appreciate that both you and Ragnar saw the deeper meaning of my initial response. It's also gratifying to have friends that can sense your intent, very few of the people I interact in person with on a daily basis can recognize a double entendre or follow a clue to a deeper meaning - and that's with the benefit of being able to hear tone and emphasis.

And it is not until posts such as this are presented that I understand how much I have learnt - but also how much more there is to learn. Thank you for considering me a friend ... Storm

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:59 pm

I too take great pleasure in the interactions on this site. I have been away from it for some time. Returning I don't post much but learn everything i can from the posts and interactions between its members. I will not stop in my quest for knowledge! I am lucky to have the likes of Tyrsman to learn from. Thanks again.

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:47 am

http://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy ... uns-Apples
It appears that this article is written by a Wiccan.
I was just browsing the internet for more information about Idunn. The article really made me look at the story in a way that I never have before.
What do y'all think about it?

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Youth could be connected to memories since each memory ripples emotionally being connected to other memories and then affects the psyche and therefore stress and aging

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]