View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Ginnungagap 

I'd like to compare sources discussing the creation.

The first thing I'd like to bring up is Helheimr. According to your sources, is Helheimr located in the north or south? In Niflheimr or Muspellheim?

Second, do you know it as Musspelheimr or as Sökkdalir? My copy of the Edda names it Sökkdalir, which is in contrast to everything I thought I knew.

I have another version of the Edda as an eBook, but I have not read much of it, partly because it is put together so badly in eBook form, that I can hardly make sense of what I'm reading.
So, what does everyone here think? What does the OB lore have to say, if anyone would be so kind as to share?

Note: understanding the lore is extremely important to the book(s) I'm writing. Out of respect for the lore and the old ways, I cannot afford to make mistakes. In case anyone's wondering, I'm about 99% sure that my series will culminate with Ragnarökr. I have a back up plan, just in case things don't work out that way. That being said, I must gain a deeper knowledge of is Ragnarökr, especially what follows.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:38 am

I will take some time to see if I can give you some adequate feedback. Even if I can't find the answer, I'd like to be more familiar with this topic. Thank you for bringing it to attention!
r

Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 am

RedSon wrote:
I will take some time to see if I can give you some adequate feedback. Even if I can't find the answer, I'd like to be more familiar with this topic. Thank you for bringing it to attention!
r

Thank you. One really nice thing about what I'm writing is that it really inspires me to learn more of the lore, and helps to keep the process entertaining and engaging. By applying what I learn, I retain more. But the more I learn, the more questions I have, and that is exacerbated by my very literal way of thinking. I crave details, rather than vague generalities.

Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Fand, this is a good thing. There are never too many questions. Stormr

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Fand wrote:
RedSon wrote:
r

Thank you. One really nice thing about what I'm writing is that it really inspires me to learn more of the lore, and helps to keep the process entertaining and engaging. By applying what I learn, I retain more. But the more I learn, the more questions I have, and that is exacerbated by my very literal way of thinking. I crave details, rather than vague generalities.

Like Joe Friday said, "Just the facts, ma'am." As for generality, we have Kant. "Wo die Begriffe fehlt, dann stellt man sich zur recthen Zein ein Wort vor."

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]