View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
The Night of Courage 

If you are on the path of the Odin Brotherhood, tonight is "the night of courage". Have a good night remembering the heroes of the past and performing the rite of Bragi. Hail.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 pm

During the Rite of Bragi on the night of courage we remember the heroes of the past. Men and women who neither lived quietly nor died quietly.
All I did was simply spend a few moments thinking about the Odinists of the past who held loyal to the ways of our folk no matter the situation. Whether they were common folk being burned at the stake or whether they were kings and queens who held strong to our ways during the Christian encroachment on our ancestral lands.
I have never heard or read of what anyone else does.
Any stories?

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am
Site Admin

Thank you, sweinodinsson.

Since we have few heroes in the present, it is especially important to remember the many heroes of the past.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:15 am

Since the veil is thin during the night of courage I take the time to thank those who contributed to our folk or my personal life; in hopes they may be honored. I make promises on things and ask them to watch me accomplish my deeds. I may also tell my ancestors of the children I have from their line and thank them for contributing to my own existence. In the same way we say the Gods name to touch them I do the same with my ancestors. I do this either before or after the rite is done.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 am

Bjorn. I like that. I toast certain ancestors by name sometimes, but I like what you do.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:28 pm

I like to set a place at the table for my grandfather at samhain and family dinners. I used to do that when we had holiday/family meals with my grandmother, setting his place at the head of the table. Now that both my grandfather and grandmother have passed on to the next life, I suppose it's time to revive the tradition in honour of both of them. However, I honour them in other ways on a regular basis, and try to teach my child about the great grandparents she didn't get to know in life. But giving them a place of honour at the table is my favourite.

Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]