View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Rite of Nanna 

After watching a great movie recently called CAPTAIN FANTASTIC with Vigo Mortensson as the star, I have been interested in the Rite of Nanna.
First off: if you have not seen the movie, you should. It is great. Mr. Mortensson wears a Mjolnir pendant through the whole movie and they never actually talk about Odinism, but it will make an Odinist wonder about the writer.
There is a part of the movie (which I will not ruin) that made me go back and re-read about the Rite of Nanna.

I have been tossing this around in my mind lately. If one truly takes this rite seriously there are many things that must be done.
-You must have someone who you have passed the lore to.
-This person must hold so much trust by you that you know they will perform this not so simple rite after your physical control is gone.
-A wise and prudent person will already have the hoard ready for the celebrant.

Questions that come to mind:
-What about death certificates and burial laws in the US? of this I am ignorant.
I hold my practice above the law, however the laws need to be known so you can skirt them if need be.
I would hate to set somebody up for failure of something so serious.

Is there anyone who will talk about this as an experience?

Lastly I would like to make a statement:
Come hell or highwater (pardon the expression) I would do this for someone if I was honored with the task and properly prepared.

I just looked at dimensions and weights of gold bars. To get one the size of a fist would cost a significant amount of money. Maybe I could find a low karat instead of solid pure gold.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:19 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
After watching a great movie recently called CAPTAIN FANTASTIC with Vigo Mortensson as the star, I have been interested in the Rite of Nanna.
First off: if you have not seen the movie, you should. It is great. Mr. Mortensson wears a Mjolnir pendant through the whole movie and they never actually talk about Odinism, but it will make an Odinist wonder about the writer.
There is a part of the movie (which I will not ruin) that made me go back and re-read about the Rite of Nanna.

I have been tossing this around in my mind lately. If one truly takes this rite seriously there are many things that must be done.
-This person must hold so much trust by you that you know they will perform this not so simple rite after your physical control is gone.

-What about death certificates and burial laws in the US? of this I am ignorant.
I hold my practice above the law, however the laws need to be known so you can skirt them if need be.

Come hell or highwater (pardon the expression) I would do this for someone if I was honored with the task and properly prepared.

I just looked at dimensions and weights of gold bars. To get one the size of a fist would cost a significant amount of money. Maybe I could find a low karat instead of solid pure gold.

I have never heard of the rite of nanna, but now you've piqued my curiosity and I'd like to know more. ;)

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Fand wrote:
sweinodinsson wrote:

I have never heard of the rite of nanna, but now you've piqued my curiosity and I'd like to know more. ;)

http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/uploads/ ... ition2.pdf You can learn about it here...as well as many other things about the Brotherhood.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:34 am

I just watched this movie as well two days ago. The first thing I noticed was his necklace... then I started paying attention a bit more and until now have been ignorant of the Rite in which you speak but I will stroll on over and read about it.

Excellent movie too I agree.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:12 am

Thank you sweinodinsson.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:22 am

This morning I was watching some videos about decadence and the cult of materialism. In the documentary ESCAPE! From the Cult of Materialism the narrator said something I had not considered before. I had considered everything surrounding it, but not putting two and two together. It gave me an "aHA!" moment.

I always felt like most, if not all religions (I wont get hung up on the semantics of what we call our path) were put in place to control the masses. I also believe that the materialistic society that this world holds so dearly is really just a form of modern day feudalism. What I never had considered is how thousands of years ago the world leaders began embracing these organized religions, teaching people that material things in this life do not matter and to store up treasure in heaven...meanwhile the leaders are storing up wealth on earth... I realized they did this, but I was thinking of materialism as a modern thing...when really it has been in place for 2000 years and slowly growing. It didn't just happen over night. It went through phases...first they tried to do it with spiritual teaching...then they moved into the old feudal system where they used violence...now they have refined it so highly that you are just raised and encouraged to be this way.

I have been moving away from that for several years now. I know what I believe about the topic, but am still working on fully implementing my beliefs in a more comfortable way to create the life that I want...

When I was meditating on the Rite of Nanna several weeks ago and actually looked up how much a lead tablet would cost (which is as reasonable as a sheet of metal can be, I guess) and how much it would cost me to buy a gold monolith the size of my fist (not that it is HAS to be that size), I was somewhat disheartened at the amount of money it would cost me to build my hoard. I thought to myself, "Here I am trying to move away from money into having the RESOURCES I want and need instead of the paper and now I have this obstacle placed in my path. It seems like a lot of money to spend on something that I can't take with me when I go."

While most religions in the world to teach you what to think, what to eat, what to say, etc until they have tied the noose so tightly around your neck and made you enjoy it....there are others who would teach you to break free of your bonds.

There are those who would foster thought and courage. There are those who would inspire you to be a member of a hidden aristocracy of people from all walks of life.

There is a lesson in the Rite of Nanna that I have learned. I'm not sure how to put the lesson I have learned into words. It is actually more than one lesson. Others will have to learn that for themselves...but I know what it means to be an Earl or a King now and how to become one. Life is a beautiful journey. I think death will be too.

Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 pm

So, in your words, what does it mean to be an earl or king now and how does one become one?

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Fand wrote:
So, in your words, what does it mean to be an earl or king now and how does one become one?

I'm not sure I can put it into words. Some things have to be learned on our own. This is one reason why the brotherhood fosters thought and courage. Sometimes it can take courage to follow your own thoughts and intuition without seeking outside approval. It is also why in these Rites, the brotherhood will tell you what the rite is and that there are layers of understanding within the performance of that rite, but I have yet to find anyone who will tell me specifically what that means.
Just because, I learned something from this does not mean that you would learn the same lesson.

For me to answer your question would be for me to corrupt the lesson...which may be different for you anyway.

Curiosity did NOT kill the cat. False bravado did.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 pm

Fand wrote:
Thank you sweinodinsson.

Fand,
Thank me by reading all 180 pages of that link. I don't know what all you have read or heard, but since you are new here and are seeking answers just like I am all I can do is point you to where I have found a lot of answers. http://www.odinbrotherhood.com/library- ... files.html

The Jack Wolf books is worth a buy. It is also available on the Kindle.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:38 pm

I have read most if not all of the resources in the OB library when I first discover it, but I'll admit, as it was all new and a lot of material, I have already forgotten my of what I read, and it is about time to browse through it all again. ;)

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:25 pm

I have read it all and most of it more than once....the Mirabello book and Jack Wolfe book I have read countless times. I have noticed that I learn something new every time or at least gain a deeper understanding of something.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:58 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
I have read it all and most of it more than once....the Mirabello book and Jack Wolfe book I have read countless times. I have noticed that I learn something new every time or at least gain a deeper understanding of something.

That is true for most books of a deeper quality.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]