View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
reincarnation and parts of the soul 

"In Urglaawe understanding, the portions of the soul that are released are the Urleeg (orlog) and the eternal Hoch (higher self). The Glick (Hamingja/luck) is sometimes passed on from construct to construct. Additionally, the Folyer (Fetch/Fylgia), which, in Urglaawe, is seen as an independent entity that attaches itself to a new soul construct, is freed to find another host. The Urleeg, Glick, and Hoch may remain together or be separated into new soul constructs." Holles Mill, The First Book of Urglaawe Myths, Robert L. Schreiwer
This pertains to the story of Holles (Hela) MIll that separates the parts of the soul and returns them into the cycle.

Stephen McNallens book, ASATRU, A NATIVE EUROPEAN SPIRITUALITY, explains something similar, minus the myth about Holle's Miehl.

I was wondering if there was any other surviving traditions about this.
Thoughts that this brings to my mind are:

If the orlog, hoch, and hamingja are separated, would the orlog continue through the family line? What if the person had no direct heir? Would her Hamingja be passed down from aunt to niece? What about when you name a child after a dead family member....i think it could be possible that the child inherits part of their soul construct? I have always had that feeling even before I knew any of these terms.

Maybe someone does something so bad in life that their orlog and hamingja completely leave them so their Hoch (higher self) has to be recycled to day one?

I guess any comment on this will be pure speculation, but I find this topic fascinating.

One thing I know is that if we pursue honor for honors sake that we have a good chance of moving up a notch on the ladder, assuming reincarnation is reality. I believe in reincarnation.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:36 am

Its hard to say what is and what is not about the soul unless your able to understand the highest sort of mathematics or tap into some mystical gnostic power.

From what I understand of the or log or primal law is something stored in the blood and passed through generations. This can be a curse or a blessing. I.e. " you shall pay for the SINS of your father" .
" the witch cursed the king and for generations after ill luck befalls his descendants until one fateful scion breaks the curse ".
Or
" the witches bloodfire is strong, her ability work such woes and wonder comes from her ancestral witch blood"

Also the flygia is the aspect of the soul that follows you often manifesting in diverse forms.. For a warrior a flygia manifests as a Valkyria. Only some warriors go to Valhalla, the hall of the chosen slain. This is because you can only go to Valhalla if you "awake" you personal fate goddess I.e your flygia valkyria gain her blessing, wed her, and get a drink of the mead of memory, after a series of trials and initiations.
This implies that most peoples souls are sleeping or sleep walking. People with bad luck have a sleeping soul. People with good luck have an awakened soul that conspires on their behalf .
Apparently the soul or flygia never "leaves" the person they are assigned to, as the soul is what seperates man from beast. Tho for some their soul sleeps.. How vexing.

Reincarnation is also something highly repeated in the myths, indeed most Odinists and pagans of the world were confident about reincarnation.
I know we reincarnate and the empirical evidence this is true is within Euler's formula, the best mathematical equation known to man.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:54 pm

P.s
For some reason the forum is editing my post.
Where it reads Odinists, in my original message was 'hea thens'

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Quote:
One thing I know is that if we pursue honor for honors sake that we have a good chance of moving up a notch on the ladder

Well met

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:03 pm
Site Admin

North wrote:

Quote:
P.s
For some reason the forum is editing my post.
Where it reads Odinists, in my original message was 'hea thens'

Many years ago we had a number of disruptive people here, and the forum was changed as a result. For example, private messaging was stopped because some individuals were using it to attack the Odin Brotherhood.

To maintain decorum, we also altered the forum to automatically block obscene language.

As for "hea...then," the word was blocked because all the saboteurs referred to themselves as such.

Strangely, the word is becoming common in the pagan community, and that puzzles me.

Stephen A. McNallen, an American Asatru leader, avoids "hea....then" because in the "public mind" it means an "ignorant, superstitious, or uncouth person." Stephen A. McNallen. Asatru: A Native European Spirituality. Runestone Press. 2015. p. 2 ISBN 0972029257.

I agree.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 am

OB, I understand these sentiments.
Usually when i use words my ideas are often better conveyed in understanding from the etymological sense of the word. I will keep that in mind for future references.

The public mind spoken of by Mcnallen holds very little importance to me..
But Funny that!
"ignorant, superstitious, or uncouth person(s)" interesting how that could be aptly applied as description of the public .

(Heethaen to me has always been a good word and a complement even.. I like the sound of it. From my understanding it means dweller of the heath; implying a wild spirited person beyond good and evil, a hominid who is closer to the gods and demons of old)

Though disputes of religions are not my concern, I'm only interested in the esoteric truths they have to offer.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]