View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Called by a certain God/Goddess 

I had an experience several weeks ago while meditating: I was meditating, and thinking of Balder, when suddenly the scene changed; I was in a forest and two trees were twisted together like a DNA helix. The Goddess Freyja was there and held up her hands, and I placed my hands on hers and she shared some kind of energy with me, and I sent it back. She also said something to me but immediately afterwords I could not remember what she told me. That bothers me somewhat, but I think I will recall it at the right time.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 pm

JohnMathison wrote:
I had an experience several weeks ago while meditating: I was meditating, and thinking of Balder, when suddenly the scene changed; I was in a forest and two trees were twisted together like a DNA helix. The Goddess Freyja was there and held up her hands, and I placed my hands on hers and she shared some kind of energy with me, and I sent it back. She also said something to me but immediately afterwords I could not remember what she told me. That bothers me somewhat, but I think I will recall it at the right time.

That is interesting. Obviously, because of Freyja your vision could somehow be related to fertility, but also the trees and the DNA helix are also fertile symbols.

That have any meaning to you?

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 pm

I can't see how that would apply in my case. My only child, died when she was 24, and she never had children of her own. Perhaps the idea means that my journey on the Odinist path will bear fruit.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:47 pm

Often I find we are given messages we must decipher. Intelligent people can figure out the puzzle, those with fewer functioning neurons must be told straight out. The Elder Kin do like to make you work for your information for many reasons.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 am

Good point. I had not thought about any meaning to the trees, especially the ones twisted like the DNA helix. I was thrilled that Freyja had reached out to me and did not look further.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 am

I agree with Skogkatt. Messages from the Elder Kin are often many layers deep.

Just because a surface layer seems obvious to you, keep searching and thinking on all the symbols in a dream. The Elder Kin want to see how far you can go, how much you understand, and how interested you are in looking beyond what is obvious.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 am

I was not brought to this site by a god, well at least I think I wasn't. I believe I was brought here by the wolf Fenrir. I have always felt connected to him one way or another. Even though it's more likely that a god had his hand in me becoming an odinist, but I'm sure me and fenrir are connected.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:12 pm
Site Admin

But the wolf, the son of Loki, will one day kill Odin.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 am

Everybody has their part and I'm still choosing who I will honour in battle, and life.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Freyja has always been who I connect with the most. She came to me often throughout my pregnancy and soon after I had my son, but Odin is the one who called me here. I meditated and asked for a sign--this morning there were twelve ravens outside my door sitting on my truck. Ravens aren't supposed to live in this climate--yet I have seen a total of fifteen in my life.
I believe it was a sign that I needed to follow my right path that I was hesitant about.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm

This may a bit odd but once as a kid I saw an old man in white in a dream saying "always remember your curiosity"

Years ago also middle aged man with one hand told be to never stop fight and dissappeared with saying 'Justice and courage child" this was also a dream

The details are vague though this happened over 15 years ago

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:11 am

I have always felt a strong connection to Vidar and Skadi. I feel Vidar's presence strongest in the spring & summer and Skadi's in the autumn and winter. I feel the gaze of the other æsir & vanir at times but it is the attention of Vidar and Skadi that I feel most often.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:38 am

I feel that I am called by Bragi, and make offerings to him at my family's altar, and so far my poetry has been good.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm

VIDAR obviously ha

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:27 am

Even though I try to follow my ancestor path, Odin still comes to me, feeling me with the urge.

Freyja lead me to this, Odin still tries..and I ignore like a damn fool, for my ancestor belief.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:48 am

I found all these posts incredibly interesting. I myself am most strongly pulled by Odin. There was a lady present at my dream calling who made the first appearance, but Odin was with her. And it is Odin who comes to me most frequently, and gives me cryptic messages. I also find it kind of odd that I don't feel much from Bragi, seeings as how I'm a poet, and most of my family all the way back have been poets and musicians and writers and artists and so forth. But it is always Odin for me, at least thus far. Now, my 6 year old son- from birth had an intense resemblance to Thor. And by this I mean, we nick named him "Little Thor". He is a little warrior, far too large for his age or for me to be his mother. He would always carry around a hammer and smash everything!! So, I would take his hammer and hide it, and for days he would mournfully roam the house crying "where's my hamma? Where's my hamma?!" lol. Always looking for a fight, and always more concerned with his physical strength than with his mental agility. Our fights often revolve around him playing for dominance of the household, and his attitude that "might makes right". As I started learning the Norse legends, I introduced him to the real Thor, and he was delighted. Funnily enough, even before I introduced him to the eddas or stories, he would frequently reply when asked who he was "I am Thor's son!" I certainly have an interesting household, ha.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:32 pm

For myself, there were two in my dream that finally called me to where I am now. Odin and a young Loki, like when they were traveling together across Midgard. I find myself pulled to Odin for wisdom and the way of a Valkyrie, and Loki for wit, quick thinking and understanding that what we do can have dire, unseen consequences if we're not careful. I don't believe in coincidence, as every action has consequences that lead into something that affects all in turn, it's up to us to notice them and learn to read them.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Odin for me, Freya perhaps as well, but I am definitely called by Odin.

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 am
Profile WWW

Heimdall called me back to the old ways. I will never forget that dream. It was so simple but powerful. I still feel a grip on my chest everytime I picture it in my head.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:29 am

While that is who I was called by and I can't say I have ever dreamed of any other God or Godess, I do pray to them all. I don't pay more attention to one over the other or anything like that.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next