View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Which is your favourite aesir or vanir? 

For me it would be Tyr originally the chief god of the Teutonic people aka Germans.

This might be due to my German heritage but I've always felt a strong connection with Tyr.

But one should always remember all gods are equally important regardless of personal significance.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 pm

I identify the most with Heimdall and also Vidar but I don't have a favorite god.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 am

As a mather of fact all of the Godesses and Gods have interesting points, tha's why this is by far my favorite topic. Every day I want to discuss about a different Godess or God. Just to know what your opinion and knowledge is, that way I can compare yours with my opinion and maybe even learn new things about them.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 am

thunaraz wrote:
As a mather of fact all of the Godesses and Gods have interesting points, tha's why this is by far my favorite topic. Every day I want to discuss about a different Godess or God. Just to know what your opinion and knowledge is, that way I can compare yours with my opinion and maybe even learn new things about them.

That is a great idea. I look forward to the discussions that arise.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
thunaraz wrote:

That is a great idea. I look forward to the discussions that arise.

My pleasure and sorry for the delay (it was a very busy week).

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:34 am

Most of the time, I feel like Wotan is the only one that interacts with me. I know the other gods are there, but Wotan is the one that made the effort to bring me into the fold and occasionally, I feel him bringing me back if I begin to stray. He speaks to the part of me that seeks to temper the mind and know all I can, and also the part that seeks to temper the body and prepare for a day where I might go to war.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 pm

odin totally, how could you get more bad *** than him? when hes not killing jotuns left and right, he hanging himself from trees for nine days and nine nights, as well as knifing out one of his own eyes, all in the name of knowledge.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Idunna. I have not read much about her, but when I think of her, there is a softness about her that feels powerful, wordless and unmistakably feminine. I feel that she is connected to the creative element of nature in some way. Odin, who wields true strength in all its forms, is wise, dead sexy and very good with a joke. Heimdall, who sees everything with foresight. And of course, Freya!

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 am

I definitely feel closest to Odin. Out of all the gods, my personality is most similar to Odin and so I see him as a role model and try to follow his example in my own life as best I can. After Odin, I also feel very close to Freya, Loki, Skadi, and Ullr.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:58 am

Magni and Modi.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:48 am

For now, my guides are :

Odin, as my father and teacher - he nurtures me, shows me the many paths I need to explore and keeps me safe on my quest for knowledge

Njord, who keeps me level headed and calms me down - as god of the winds he know when to help me clear my head

Baldr, who is quiet and waiting his time - teacher of patience and forgiveness and understanding

When the time comes, I know that this will change ... when the gods decide ...

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am

I feel most particularly connected with Odin, Thor, Tyr, and Heimdall.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:30 pm

I definitely identify the most with Tyr, I've thought that way since the first time I read anything about him. It was just one of those moments where all I could think was "Wow, this is the sort of figure I could see myself following."
I think really highly of Odin, as well. I've always been the intellectual type, so it's easy for me to hold one who is constantly seeking knowledge in high regard.
That's not to say I don't also have a very healthy respect for all of the other Aesir and Vanir.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:50 am

Thor personally came to me one night and revealed to me that I was his son. Since that night, I think of him as a father, and Odin as my All Father.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
For now, my guides are :

Odin, as my father and teacher - he nurtures me, shows me the many paths I need to explore and keeps me safe on my quest for knowledge

Njord, who keeps me level headed and calms me down - as god of the winds he know when to help me clear my head

Baldr, who is quiet and waiting his time - teacher of patience and forgiveness and understanding

When the time comes, I know that this will change ... when the gods decide ...

Since posting this, my life has changed and I now still have a very strong affinity with Odin - my teacher and Allfather. I still have much to learn, not just with regard the Eddas and Sagas, but also on so much more - language and self sufficiency are now the topics he has lead me to. Also, Frigga the Allmother, Queen of Asgard - this relationship with her is so new but exciting. My approach to home and family has become more important and I am learning much about my children and husband.

I do realize now that the Gods and Goddesses chose us when they feel the time is right - and if we are open to this and understand that, we will learn and grow so much.

Storm

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:37 am

Heimdal. He keeps watch over my mind for me when it gets away and is quick to slice off a thought that would amount to nothing anyway. Freyja watches over my daughter. Thor gets me going. Odin keeps me interested. The other gods I have yet to spend real time with. Difficult to select a "favorite", but I certainly see Heimdal the most.

Sun May 10, 2015 5:58 am

Thor is by far the God i am more close too but usually Freya and Odin are really much around me also. But i see my relationship with the Gods as a friendship you always have your best freinds and the ones you see or talk to the most but always having good relationship with the others.

Tue May 12, 2015 7:28 pm

i am fond of frigga. were she walks comes to life. also idunn is another, her apples give the gods their immortality

Wed May 27, 2015 1:21 am

Guess.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:39 am

Eternal Dawn wrote:
Tyrienne wrote:
Guess.

Hmm. This is quite difficult! Who could it possible be?! I'm just going to have a wild guess.......TYR!

Indeed...but I made an Oath to Tyr to improve how American's view Loki- and was not wise enough to put a time limit or benchmark for achievement for when the oath is completed.

Word to the wise: Don't make any Oath that you cannot expect to continue for life... learn from my lack of wisdom!

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next