View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Which is your favourite aesir or vanir? 

I cant choose, I feel that to pick a favourite would create conflict, from my reading Kvasir was created for the reason of preventing conflict, I feel that if i need them the Aesir/Vanir best suited will support me, that is the wonder of it, we dont have a jack of all trades, master of none, we have many master craftsmen and, I feel, to truly respect them I must allow them all access else I may miss a valuable lesson because I was to busy playing favourites.

I do not mean this post to reject anyones views, I just felt differently at this time, maybe further down the road I will find a patron but for now all are welcome in my life.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:21 pm

I honor a few more than others: Odin, Thor, Freyja, Tyr, and Ullr. I am a former police officer and now an attorney. I find Thor speaks to my inner warrior while Tyr my sense of justice; Odin my pursuit of knowledge and Freyja embodies my feelings of love for my wife, femininity, life in general, etc.; and as I am also a hunter and general outdoors person I find a deep respect and affinity for Ullr. I have also prayed to Eir (not sure if she is a goddess or a Valkyrie) when my son was sick as she is known to possess healing powers and I felt she could help, and my son did recover shortly after I prayed to her and made offerings.

in the Fjölsvinnsmál, when discussing Eir and her companions and whether or not they will help those who make offerings to them:

"Soon aid they all who offers give
On the holy altars high;
And if danger they see for the sons of men,
Then each day from ill do they guard."

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3