View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Hunting and ways to honor the Gods? 

Hunting is always more honourable than buying meat at a grocery store (not to say buying store bought meat is dishonourable.) It takes self-reliance, skill, and in some cases, courage to do it. I believe this alone brings honor to the gods because you are being more godlike. It's always good to leave an offering though. Wish me luck on my hunt this week.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 pm

May your hunt be both successful and rewarding!

Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Thank you kinsman.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:01 am

For myself hunting is about as honourable as it gets. My father taught me to hunt, his father taught him before that, and his father before that, and so on. My family has hunted, maintained and conserved the same lands for at least three generations and our tradition of hunting goes back 300 years in this country alone and on into the annals of history. I own the implements of hunting from my great grandfather, grandfather and father.

Anyone who says hunting with a firearm is easy, or dishonourable has never felt the wood grain against his/her cheek, the iron between their fingers, has never felt the blood and life pounding like a war drum through their whole body, the sudden CRACK and then silence, the smell of burnt powder. Nor have they experienced the virtue of sharing the bounty with friends and family so that they may find nourishment, warmth and security. People as these love animals in only the most superficial warm and fuzzy manner, never having seen the harsh reality of nature, the cycle of life and death, nor true conservation.

Most of these types of people have no clue that the only reason the conservation organizations that exist today (real conservation not hippy dippy crap) only do so because of hunters and anglers, people who live closer to nature than they could ever conceive.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3