View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Sactify my life to the Gods 

Hail brothers, I want to give my life to the Gods, I want to fight for them and for the pagan path in the world. I'll bleed for them, literally; in the center of a circle made of 9 fires I'll cut my left hand and my blood will fall in the bigger one (obviously I will cure my hand after this ritual, I'll not cut all my hand and be handless). What do you think brothers?, it can be a good way to tell them than I give my life for them? To glorify their names and fight for their presence in Europe?

Takk brothers.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Hail Russ, and greetings.

Since each of us are responsible for our own relationship with the Elder Kin. I believe it is important that any ceremony we perform be both sincere and personal. To me, what you have described sounds like it would be an appropriate way of officially pledging your loyalty. I feel that shedding your own blood is one of the most meaningful things your can do.

Good luck in your journey and welcome to the forum.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Greetings,

If Wodan wanted blood than He would swim in it.
Be a Odinist and keep growing, forget fighting for a path.
The Lords are present in this world, celebrate them.
The moment The Lords notice you, you will fight by their side.
That the monotheistic religion rules is Wyrd.
So is Ragnarok and the growing of our way.

Regards,

Nevelraaf

Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:38 am

Greetings Russ.

I do not believe in the idea of rituals for the gods. The closest I would ever come to a ritual is toasting the gods on the Solstices and Yule. Otherwise, I feel disgusted by the idea. The gods do not want blind followers, nor do they want people to go through pointless displays as a means of showing loyalty.

The gods want you to better yourself, to live every day and breathe every breath for the purpose of trying to better yourself to the point of being an equivalent to that of the gods. Do not try to work yourself up to be good in their image. Work yourself up to be the best you can be in your eyes, every day of every year. The gods did not have any role models to guide their progress and self-improvement, so you should not either. Sure, it is ok to look to the gods, to read of them and their stories, and say "this is inspirational, and taught me a wise lesson that I can incorporate into my life." However, never say "Odin is a warrior, so surely I should be exactly the same. He also uses Gungnir, so surely I should use a spear as well." Humans are gods with muck born on them. You need to break away the muck through your own means and become your own god.

Notice that none of the Norse gods are exactly identical. It's because gods don't become gods by aspiring to be just like one.

I hope this brought some perspective and wisdom to you.

Regards, SH.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:58 am

We all must be mindful to not get carried away in emotionalism and drama.

It is just as important to LIVE for the GODS as it is to DIE for them!

I will not try to hasten that which has not befallen me yet.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:07 am

sacredhaven679 wrote:
Greetings Russ.
The gods want you to better yourself, to live every day and breathe every breath for the purpose of trying to better yourself to the point of being an equivalent to that of the gods. Do not try to work yourself up to be good in their image. Work yourself up to be the best you can be in your eyes, every day of every year. The gods did not have any role models to guide their progress and self-improvement, so you should not either. Sure, it is ok to look to the gods, to read of them and their stories, and say "this is inspirational, and taught me a wise lesson that I can incorporate into my life." However, never say "Odin is a warrior, so surely I should be exactly the same. He also uses Gungnir, so surely I should use a spear as well." Humans are gods with muck born on them. You need to break away the muck through your own means and become your own god.

Notice that none of the Norse gods are exactly identical. It's because gods don't become gods by aspiring to be just like one.

I hope this brought some perspective and wisdom to you.

Regards, SH.

I just thought that I would say I mostly agree and I enjoyed your post.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:04 pm
Site Admin

Study the Sojourn of the Brave and perform it at the appropriate time.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 am

I realize this is an old topic but a good place for discussion.

Some of you believe not in ritual? Mentally and spiritually I feel like I am committed to Odinism/Odinism but I feel it is for nothing unless I do a ritual of some sort; maybe the gods don't take it as serious unless there's a ritual? I personally am not a ritualistic person. I was considering an informal blot and from there, doing as said above - bettering myself and seeking knowledge, daily honoring my ancestors and the gods and learning the ins and outs of the old ways.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]