View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Tyrian Spirituality 

Tyrsman wrote:
A new thread would on that topic would be great. If we went the trendy route we'd probably have to find cutesy images for our posts and this forum isn't all that image friendly.

Your experience with that kindred is a good example of one of my reasons for my being a solitary practitioner. In my opinion it's hard to find a group of people who are capable of setting aside human nature in instances like this. Of course they fear you. As a Tyrian you are acutely aware of the proper course, and as a Lokian you are also more likely to do something about it. I think that is the real reasons Lokians get the reception they do from so many groups - they have a tendency to drag into the light things that a lot of people would rather remain hidden.

Exact truth, I couldn't have said it better. However, I will also admit a rather overwhelming amount of faux-Lokeans who use Loki as an excuse to be utter and total buttcheeks all the time with no purpose except to antagonize and annoy people FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

Those "Lokeans" need to find Eris Discordia, a Principia, and a "Chaos Majik" forum.

*edited to replace banned word with "buttcheeks".

Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:08 am

I think that the faux-Lokean phenomenon is fairly rampant in our community and is not just isolated to Loki. I've noticed that quite a few people will skim the surface of a topic and pick the aspects that lend credence to their individual beliefs or general nature. These are people who want only to be able to justify their actions, which is usually some form of asshattery. They're the ones that brings discredit to the group that they're leeching off of.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 am

Tyrsman wrote:
A new thread would on that topic would be great. If we went the trendy route we'd probably have to find cutesy images for our posts and this forum isn't all that image friendly.

Your experience with that kindred is a good example of one of my reasons for my being a solitary practitioner. In my opinion it's hard to find a group of people who are capable of setting aside human nature in instances like this. Of course they fear you. As a Tyrian you are acutely aware of the proper course, and as a Lokian you are also more likely to do something about it. I think that is the real reasons Lokians get the reception they do from so many groups - they have a tendency to drag into the light things that a lot of people would rather remain hidden.

I posted the new topic under "Mystical Experiences"- but if you wish to move it to this folder or another, please feel free.

I apologize for the delay, I've been both in the process of buying-now-rehabbing our new home in between hospital procedures.

Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:26 am

Tyrsman wrote:
I think that the faux-Lokean phenomenon is fairly rampant in our community and is not just isolated to Loki. I've noticed that quite a few people will skim the surface of a topic and pick the aspects that lend credence to their individual beliefs or general nature. These are people who want only to be able to justify their actions, which is usually some form of asshattery. They're the ones that brings discredit to the group that they're leeching off of.

The picking of beneficial points is rampant in all aspects of media and life sadly.... It is one area that has really made it difficult to discuss differing view points with family members and has driven a huge wedge in some areas because I point out the flaws in what they say and it is not received well no matter how I approach it.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:44 pm

Gunr wrote:
The picking of beneficial points is rampant in all aspects of media and life sadly.... It is one area that has really made it difficult to discuss differing view points with family members and has driven a huge wedge in some areas because I point out the flaws in what they say and it is not received well no matter how I approach it.

Narrow-minded people tend to not react well when you burst the bubble they have built for themselves.

It's good to see you back Brother.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2