View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Hod 

Post Hod
Lately I've been starting to think that Hod wasn't born blind. More likely, he must have got his impediment the same way as the other gods who are maimed. He must have chosen it for some reason.

Perhaps, like Odin, he traded his sight for some other kind of power?

Or like Tyre, he made some kind of oath that cost him a body part?

I have a hard time believing that any of the gods would have such an imperfection from birth. Nor be unable to cure it. If they can transform themselves into animals, they should be able to fix lost limbs. However, Odin and Tyre have good reasons not to. Tyre cannot regrow his hand without breaking his oath to Fenrir. Odin left his eye in the well as a pledge.

And while he was blind, I imagine he must have possessed some manner of useful power, or else it would be hard to know how he was able to get a wife. I don't think there is a god dedicated to "pathetic-ness". I don't think he was the god of the lame and weak.

I've heard mentioned that he might have been a god of darkness, whatever that would mean.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 am

I have no idea, but the gods are superhuman. They are a higher form of us. They say when a human is born missing one of the 5 senses, they make up for it in another way. One might be missing his eyesight so he compensates by having keen hearing, etc.
As mortals, we can only know what we experience. It is interesting to think about things like that, but at the end of the day we may never know until we start the next cycle of life. What is most important is honouring the gods by our every day actions.

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]