View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Lady Hel Shows Her Favor. 

My husband shares Hel as a patron with a National organization person nearby us who also founded a kindred.

I confronted that kindred over a woman within who has been spreading lies about my husband without having the courage to face us with these allegations in person.

I was not in this kindred, I called out the woman and demanded justice and mediation... it did not happen. Instead, we were banned from that kindred's events for my "attack".

The national org guy just came by today... on a Odinist outreach trip, Fed-ex lost the box that contained the Oathing ring for the kindred as well as all statuary and what they consider important ritual materials and the compensation offered is not even half what the stuff is worth.

We did not ask for this, but wow... as my spouse Hexenwulf said,

"Wow, She took everything. I wonder if {org. guy] realizes this."

I think so, otherwise, he just said he came over to say that our friendship with him is secure regardless. He's honestly a good man, but he stretches himself too thin and surrounds himself with people of questionable honor at times.

To his credit, he just tries so hard to get everyone to "get along" as smoothly as possible he's nearly impossible to be upset with to me... (Not so much my spouse)

I can't decide which feeling dominates: if I feel bad for him for his loss of his kindred's sacred items, or amused at Hel for Her very strong, unmistakable message...

However, we set aside time in advance for a long ritual tomorrow for Hel long in advance of today.

I feel more at ease with myself knowing Hel's position than anything, really....and her position on the matter seems to be incredibly clear regarding Her stance.

We do not ask our Gods for anything but wisdom, but seeing their caring reassurance is one reason the Odinist path makes the most sense to me. Hel has spoken!

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Interesting post.
There is so much drama in most organizations, whether they are political, religious, or your local little league team. It used to drive me crazy. Now I am at a point where I just watch the drama go by and focus on what is important.
So and so did this, so and so said that....what really kills me is: ON FACEBOOK SO AND SO SAID:......
I don't really care, I'm just here for the stated purpose of this organization. (Whatever it may be.)

Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:38 am

I am a necessary evil. It's not even real, Dainc87. The same people who pretend to "hate" me are the same who private message me and have wonderful, deep conversations about our lives and the Gods. I'm Tyrienne to everyone but "The Lokean" to some sort of self-proclaimed "elite" in a religion where every man and woman is equal.

It's a ******* joke. All of it. The game is just knowing that we do not bow. Those who remain standing? That is who leads and we can see each other across the backs of our acquaintances.

There is something very Odinist in the Klingon in Star Trek. The politics, the fed agents hiding:not hiding within the community so very poorly, torn between discrediting us or uplifting us are the more interesting pieces on the board.

I like to see how the threads of relation connect all Odinists and organizations. I like being the "entertainment" who gets to observe the entire audience without them noticing as they observe me. Then, I want to see how I can improve conditions, sometimes, I'm called to do incredibly difficult, but honorable things.

"Tyrienne, it's honorable for you to offer..."
"I've been running it for 5 months already. Just endorse this, please." (random org. representative signs paper I turn into some organization)

I learn so much from talking to other people. Through my blog and on facebook, I run a sort of crisis chat for Odinists. As far as I am aware, I am the only one. I have had up to 5 windows at a time of complete strangers telling me their problems as I serve in a chaplain capacity. My certifications that qualify me as a chaplain are literally more legally, legitimately recognized than Odinism. I like to feel needed.

No one could get rid of me if they tried. Not even an organization. So, I don't need to avoid them- I go to them and give them a synopsis of any upcoming crisis I see so they can be prepared to mitigate any damages to Odinist reputation as a Religion by some few idiots who commit crimes that we would never condone as ethical.

I feel like I am inside the community as much as I choose to be, and I can step in and out- also- as I choose. The bridges I burn are fewer than locals seem to think there are, and it's always with a purpose. For me to perform Nithing on a person or group is not taken lightly.

I find it amusing that the one time they were expecting me to do a Nithing and I refrained, laughing- Hel did one for me and literally took away all their "status symbols" ;)
There should be no leaders in a religion that is between us and our Gods. Our Gods choose us all to lead ourselves and them...

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:07 am
Site Admin

If you simply practice as a solitary, as most members of the Odin Brotherhood do, you can avoid such problems.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:22 am

OdinBrotherhood wrote:
If you simply practice as a solitary, as most members of the Odin Brotherhood do, you can avoid such problems.

That appears to be the pathway of least resistance.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
OdinBrotherhood wrote:

That appears to be the pathway of least resistance.

It carries its own set of problems.

Each of us has our own wyrd and orlog with our own obstacles to overcome and trials to endure.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:54 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Each of us has our own wyrd and orlog with our own obstacles to overcome and trials to endure.

It seems the Gods like to choose agoraphobics to be "public" and for the true extroverts to be silent at times. It's a matter of listening and watching the signs.

This month I am taking a break (hopefully) to participate in NaNoWriMo and write fiction, hopefully it will take enough of my time to keep the blog posting down.

The local community is all kinds of in upheaval, and I think my spouse and I want no part of the **.

I found writing blog posts that in no way reflect the surrounding Odinists seems to confuse them.
I fail to see the confusion, why would I want to be involved in places that could/would harm us with no greater purpose?

Some still believe Hexenwulf is a necromancer, which is fine.

However, we have yet to rise an army of the dead to do our yard work for us...and it's not 1715 C.E....

I am consistently amazed at the fears people create all by themselves about people.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:37 pm

Tyrienne wrote:
I am consistently amazed at the fears people create all by themselves about people.

I think when an individual has a limited mind (whether it be worldview, mental capacity or simply the ability to comprehend something outside your scope of experience) they have no choice but to try to force new concepts into predefined categories. It's really quite sad to realize that these people are incapable of growth and that their potential is so limited.

Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]