View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Children and the Gods 

I was just wondering if any of the Brotherhood has associated a God with one of there children. My wife and I have requested guidance from the Gods for our children we have spent a lot of time studying our kids and how they behave and intact with each other and different kids. We know that the road ahead in today's world is only going to get more difficult and dangerous (which excites me and my own) so we want to make sure our kids have proper guidance.
So we concluded that my youngest daughter was the more mothering and loving type so we chose Frigg as the Goddess to help her in her lifes journey, my middle child another daughter is beautiful and strong a true warrior spirit so we requested that Freyja help her in her path. Now my oldest is a boy and I know what most people would think, Thor or Tyr would be the Gods of choice, but he is an amazing young man kind hearted but strong, always sticks up for the smaller kids but smart enough not to be taken advantage of, so we ask Baldr to watch over him and give pointers.
We went about this through a series of Blots, we followed the guidelines of the Gods we didn't ask them to help our children or raise them what we did was ask them for guidance on their behave and return we have taught our kids in depth on the God or Goddess mentioned and taught them to give thanks and sacrifice to there guides.
I guess what I am asking has anyone else done anything like this?

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:33 pm

I have been a Gythia going on almost 10+ years and I found most kids pick their own when they are old enough to understand the Edda's.

It's a very good thing that you did- but do not be alarmed if the children find another patron- Freyr sounds like a good fit for your son as well.

Odin watches over us all, however.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:53 am

Tyrienne, I completely understand that my childrens path is their own, and I hope the lessons that I teach them and the guidance of the Gods and Goddess honoured will help them with whatever they choose.
I was also thinking Freyr, but I had a dream and I saw my son walking with what I believe Baldr would look like and it help to sway our choice.
Thank you for your input

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]