View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Personal view of the gods and their lives. 

I believe that you are right in so far as if the gods de not wish it then you will not recognise them, indeed from what I understand of the law Odin has even disguised himself in the presence of other gods.
Still I am not qualified to suggest that the gods do let the presence be known to us in this realm, I personally have not had such an encounter.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:28 am

I believe I have been lied to my entire life, by everyone and everything. A lie so deep my immediate father and mother can only be honored in their role for my genetics. A lie which my grandmother pitied and abandoned everything to accept. A lie a grandfather I never met died in sorrow and misery and loneliness praying to the old ones I would not believe. By all text am I one thing, but by the thousands of years of procreation am I another. It is my desire to dismantle what I think I should know and replace it with what the thought-biters would wish me to know.

Becoming unseen begins with knowing you are never without an eye on you. The many named one hides in plain sight, with familiar name living in contempt among the ire of his contemporaries. Brothers and sisters.... we need not ever see to know the truth. We can be told a lie and know it immediately, to respond only in kind with more camouflage. This is the way of secrecy. We need not a seat on the throne to see what is before us. We know not of the worlds beyond, we cannot come close to understanding the knowledge of the giants.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Why do you say cannot?
Until the knowledge is available to me to try to learn and understand, I will not say I cannot.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:04 am

Such is the nature of the "Winds" of divination. To me it occurs at specifics times - perhaps corresponding with the actions of the firmament.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:28 am

Baleyg wrote:
I believe I have been lied to my entire life, by everyone and everything. A lie so deep my immediate father and mother can only be honored in their role for my genetics. A lie which my grandmother pitied and abandoned everything to accept. A lie a grandfather I never met died in sorrow and misery and loneliness praying to the old ones I would not believe. By all text am I one thing, but by the thousands of years of procreation am I another. It is my desire to dismantle what I think I should know and replace it with what the thought-biters would wish me to know.

Becoming unseen begins with knowing you are never without an eye on you. The many named one hides in plain sight, with familiar name living in contempt among the ire of his contemporaries. Brothers and sisters.... we need not ever see to know the truth. We can be told a lie and know it immediately, to respond only in kind with more camouflage. This is the way of secrecy. We need not a seat on the throne to see what is before us. We know not of the worlds beyond, we cannot come close to understanding the knowledge of the giants.

Could you please simplify? Really, I have no clue what you're on about. Sorry if I seem dense, but you are the most difficult person to understand. I have better luck understanding German speakers despite my language barrier! Lol!

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Fand wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

Could you please simplify? Really, I have no clue what you're on about. Sorry if I seem dense, but you are the most difficult person to understand. I have better luck understanding German speakers despite my language barrier! Lol!

I read it as: "I found out later in life that I was never told the truth out my parentage. I have stopped trying to choose for myself how to make sense of it. Reality exists (personal ancestry and by extension the Gods), even if we do not understand it, and if someone has an inadequate understanding of reality then it is sufficient to play along (camouflage). Self-identification or affiliation (claiming a throne) is less important than [living].
r

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:51 pm

RedSon wrote:
I read it as: "I found out later in life that I was never told the truth out my parentage. I have stopped trying to choose for myself how to make sense of it. Reality exists (personal ancestry and by extension the Gods), even if we do not understand it, and if someone has an inadequate understanding of reality then it is sufficient to play along (camouflage). Self-identification or affiliation (claiming a throne) is less important than [living].
r

Cheers! Maybe baleyg can confirm if your interpretation is on track! ;-)
Would be really messed up to be lied to about your parentage all your life.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 pm

[TONE/KEY]-[NUM]-[LORE OF]-[PHYSICAL/METAPHYSICAL]

RE - 9 - Asgardr - Luna/Selene
DO - 8 - Ljòsalfheimr - Sol/Helios
TI - 7 - Niflheimr - Coelus/Uranus
LA - 6 - Jötunheimr - Mercury/Hermes
SOL - 5 - Midgardr (C) - Venus/Aphrodite
SOL - 5 - Midgardr (CH)- Terra/Gaea
SOL - 5 - Midgardr (H) - Neptune/Poseidon
FA - 4 - Vanaheimr - Saturn/Cronos
MI - 3 - Muspellheimr - Jupiter/Zeus
RE - 2 - Svartalfheimr - Pluto/Hades
DO - 1 - Helheimr - Mars/Ares

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:00 pm

I always knew my ancestry, but how and where I grew up it was a complex thing to identify with. Certainly if a father has two sons and his younger looks more like him - that son is loved more. It is easy to believe you are a demon or a vampire, to live far away from home. Imagine you could never see the graves of your ancestors, you do not know that any survived the long years. My name was only known to me after much prying and concern, something when used by my warped family brings shame. War lead my family as thralls across seas and lent my father as a ******* to a most gracious master. Adoption brought my name, which has lead to a life of camouflage and questions. These two things have followed me many years and remain my primary tenants.

Thank you very much for your interpretation RedSun.

Your final sentence condenses my opinion the best. Only one thing is certain and that is death. So to a certain degree, life becomes certain. We shouldn't march to the grave like cattle and crop, instead we should stand like the oak; growing deep roots to eventually become long and grey. Another feel good, live good message isn't "cool" I know but it is important to be reminded daily the importance of life and living to your full potential. We can't prove that other people talk to God or "the gods." There are many things uncertain in this life, that may be lies. There are few things certain in this world - but doing good and feeling good remain a constant for anyone. This is the wise, wisdom seeking way. This is the way of the father of many ancestors. (Potentially, you)

Religion is only popular due the regime and people feel changed by even a false brotherhood. Imagine if brotherhood were unmasked and ceremony became just that - no longer tools to deceive or convince. Imagine if brotherhood meant we all understood camouflage and did not try to convince one another false doctrines. To stand as brothers on high and not thralls united. But how could you ever achieve such a thing if you didn't believe life was precious, least of all your own?

We become the gods and the legends. To see the gods and legends like Jesus or other such sun gods (I realize we have a sun god, bear with me) leads one down a dark and disappointing path. If we start to entertain certain fantasies like Thor is causing lightning and not cloud formations we begin to no longer see between the lines and our camouflage becomes disengaged. We are told only one thing is promised, so do not be convinced of much other. We tell ourselves soldiers fallen enter Valhalla, and similarly we should bury our dead as an honor, a tradition and most of all for hope ... but to be a wisdom seeker we must understand the truth and understand all possibilities without allowing ourselves to become convinced of anything due to personal comfort. If we use personal comfort as an aid to determine what is true and what is not - we have entered into a dangerous place. Would you fall for any banner that tells you Valhalla is promised? There are many people who have died for many promised heavens. Are you content to lie with your ancestors and leave the future absent of yourself, with only the satisfaction of knowing it all seems to continue? These are the truthful questions to be asked, neither am I accusing. I have told you all life is precious and it is considered to some a nag - but it is important to be reminded. I realize not all life of life can be coddled, but without principles we leave a world unfit for our children and our ancestors unremembered. That is why it is that much more important to value life, while it remains.

Quote:
He thinks himself wise,
who can ask questions
and converse also;
conceal his ignorance
no one can,
because it circulates among men.

Last edited by Baleyg on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:20 am

Baleyg wrote:
I always knew my ancestry, but how and where I grew up it was a complex thing to identify with. Certainly if a father has two sons and his younger looks more like him - that son is loved more. It is easy to believe you are a demon or a vampire, to live far away from home. Imagine you could never see the graves of your ancestors, you do not know that any survived the long years. My name was only known to me after much prying and concern, something when used by my warped family brings shame. War lead my family as thralls across seas and lent my father as a ******* to a most gracious master. Adoption brought my name, which has lead to a life of camouflage and questions. These two things have

Thank you very much for your interpretation RedSun.

Your final sentence condenses my opinion the best. Only one thing is certain and that is death. So to a certain degree, life becomes certain. We shouldn't march to the grave like cattle and crop, instead we should stand like the oak; growing deep roots to eventually become long and grey. Another feel good, live good message isn't "cool" I know but it is important to be reminded daily the importance of life and living to your full potential. This is the wise, wisdom seeking way. This is the way of the father of many ancestors.

Religion is only popular due the regime and people feel changed by even a false brotherhood. Imagine if brotherhood were unmasked and ceremony became just that - no longer tools to deceive or convince. Imagine if brotherhood meant we all understood camouflage and did not try to convince one another false doctrines. To stand as brothers on high and not thralls united. But how could you ever achieve such a thing if you didn't believe life was precious, least of all your own?

We become the gods and the legends. To see the gods and legends like Jesus or other such sun gods (I realize we have a sun god, bear with me) leads one down a dark and disappointing path. If we start to entertain certain fantasies like Thor is causing lightning and not cloud formations we begin to no longer see between the lines and our camouflage becomes disengaged. We are told only one thing is promised, so do not be convinced of much other. We tell ourselves soldiers fallen enter Valhalla, and similarly we should bury our dead as an honor, a tradition and most of all for hope ... but to be a brother we must understand the truth. Will you fall for any banner that tells you Valhalla is promised? Are you content to lie with your ancestors and leave the future absent of your name and greatest possible honor? These are the truthful questions to be asked, neither am I accusing. I have told you all life is precious and it is not often a familiar message - but it is important to be reminded. I realize not all life will be spared, or even at all for anything, eventually. That is why it is that much more important to value life, while it remains.

Quote:
He thinks himself wise,
who can ask questions
and converse also;
conceal his ignorance
no one can,
because it circulates among men.

This is a thought provoking post. A little elusive, but food for thought. Thank you.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:35 pm

Dam baleyg i can go deep but you surpass me. Fortunately I can follow you down that rabbit hole. I agree we must not believe what we are told because it limits us and our ability to push forward to the truth in whatever form. Great post!

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Thunderborn wrote:
Dam baleyg i can go deep but you surpass me. Fortunately I can follow you down that rabbit hole. I agree we must not believe what we are told because it limits us and our ability to push forward to the truth in whatever form. Great post!

The phrase "trust but verify" is never a bad approach...depending on the source of the information of course. Taking things at face value is a bad habit to develop.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Thunderborn wrote:

The phrase "trust but verify" is never a bad approach...depending on the source of the information of course. Taking things at face value is a bad habit to develop.

People who pretend or lie are not honest with themselves so they are pretty easy to see through but to doubt everyone who crosses ones path only makes the individual who looks at the people an insecure and shallow man. One should trust case by case unril each individual proves untrustworthy. I believe people dont come here unless they are truly seeking. Lets face it many of the stories and beliefs of the gods are far fetched so to seek the old ways one must have an open mind and heart. I trust what each of you says. Does that make me foolish and weak? I dont think so. It takes greater strength to believe people than not.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Thunderborn wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:
Thunderborn wrote:

People who pretend or lie are not honest with themselves so they are pretty easy to see through but to doubt everyone who crosses ones path only makes the individual who looks at the people an insecure and shallow man. One should trust case by case unril each individual proves untrustworthy. I believe people dont come here unless they are truly seeking. Lets face it many of the stories and beliefs of the gods are far fetched so to seek the old ways one must have an open mind and heart. I trust what each of you says. Does that make me foolish and weak? I dont think so. It takes greater strength to believe people than not.

I used to try to look at the world in such a pure light as what you have described, but hard lessons have taught me neither to doubt nor to trust until I am certain if a person is a man of his word or not. Usually, I can tell the liars from the honest ones, but that works better in person. On the internet, it's another matter. I take nothing at face value, but rather read between the lines, accept the grains of truth I may find, even if the person speaking is untrustworthy.
However, not everyone is a naturally good judge of character. There are so many people in this world who are just plain gullible.
For me balance is key. Like the balance between pessimism and optimism. I prefer the mid point in most things. It is good to use caution, even when giving the benefit of the doubt, and also to understand that one persons truth may not be truth for another.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 am

Baleyg wrote:
Such is the nature of the "Winds" of divination. To me it occurs at specifics times - perhaps corresponding with the actions of the firmament.

There is truth to this statement, though I think that one may be able to become stronger than those winds...though not many.

People have have farmed their land, cut trees, made blades, and every sort of thing according to the lunar cycle, since the beginning of time. I am sure there is much weather lore that has been lost in modern times.

As I continually learn, I have found that certain times are conducive to certain tasks...and I will learn more as I watch the moon.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:27 pm

sweinodinsson wrote:
Baleyg wrote:

There is truth to this statement, though I think that one may be able to become stronger than those winds...though not many.

People have have farmed their land, cut trees, made blades, and every sort of thing according to the lunar cycle, since the beginning of time. I am sure there is much weather lore that has been lost in modern times.

As I continually learn, I have found that certain times are conducive to certain tasks...and I will learn more as I watch the moon.

Listen to the wind. Learn to smell the sun, the rain, all the seasons. With every change the trees smell different, the earth smells different. Learn that before a natural occurance the world changes its smell. This has been passed to me. I not only feel the shifts physically, I smell them also. There is much to learn from Jord. Stormr

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 am

Those who practice sorcery need not question the wind or wait for the moon. Seldom are the most important decisions successfully over-debated. Sorcerers feel the ebb and wane in their heart, or notice signs as to their change (more accurately.) This is the "Wind" (which can not be predicted.) Thus the sorcerers' "magic" becomes her precise timing. A warriors might may be broken by such timing. Eyesight becomes less important, with perception. Strength cannot surpass agility.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2