View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Vril Society 

Information seems to be scarce on the subject of those long-haired ladies in the Vril Society...

They were mediums who received messages from various kinds of Elder Kin. At the close of WWII the mediums disappeared and have not been heard of since.

Talk to me, OBL.....tell me what YOU know about the ladies in the Vril Society. Are there still ladies around in Europe who converse with the otherworlds like that?

~Stormdancer

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm

I know that the term Vril comes from Edward Bulwer-Lytton's 1871 novel The Coming Race, and it refers to some sort of power controlled by an advanced race inside the Earth.

I also seem to remember that the book seemed to generate real movements, in the way that Lovecraft's stories did.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:31 am

There is some fascinating stuff buried in there to be sure. Much may have been lost when the victors of the second WW came in and confiscated much of the German scientific-industrial complex's property.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 am

Last edited by north on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:05 pm

I have a feeling that there are those who still continue the work of the Vril Society somewhere in secret. I feel an odd connection to these ladies, in many ways.

I would be interested in learning more, especially from those of you in Europe...

OBL, in my opinion, the Vril Society took the name for the *force* that they were dealing with from "The Coming Race" as a way of identifying what it was they were working with. Although I suppose we could open a debate over whether Bulwer-Lytton had knowledge he was trying to pass along in fiction.

*Vril* is a handy term for the Spirit-that-moves-in-all-things. Lucas nailed it down nicely by simply calling it *The Force.* However it is hard to be taken seriously these days if one goes throwing around terms like *using the Force.* But that is precisely what it is.

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us… and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this… [nudging Luke's arm] crude matter! You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock… everywhere! Even between the land and the ship. Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future…the past…old friends long gone." ~Yoda

Still one of the most succinct descriptions of what a seidkona works with, whether you call it vril or the Force or spirit or whatever....

~Stormdancer

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:28 pm

....and the Asians call it Chi; the Vedics call it Prana. In the old Middle East, before the darkness of Islam, it was called Mana....the Old folk of the North were said to have called it something akin to Odic Force....it has many names indeed.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 pm

All these Different Names have the Same Meaning known as "Lifeforce or Godlike"

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:16 pm

This is a very interesting subject and I, too, have been drawn to learning about these "mystical" women. I wish more of the forum had discussed this. Maybe we can get it started again?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:05 am

There is a short book by M.E.Brines about the vril which is quite interesting and worth a read.
also heard this fella talk about the vril being a left over experiment by the atlanteans , he talks about human cloning ... so a pinch of salt

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:34 am

For me the Vril story is quite a real one.

Indeed there are stories through history of dwellers from the earth emerging.

In the Irish Legends they speak of the Tuatha De Danann having to take refuge their after great warfare and conflicts had taken place.

So while the surface is beset by issues and problems, at least down their the old ways live on until times for them to emerge once more...

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
For me the Vril story is quite a real one.

Indeed there are stories through history of dwellers from the earth emerging.

In the Irish Legends they speak of the Tuatha De Danann having to take refuge their after great warfare and conflicts had taken place.

So while the surface is beset by issues and problems, at least down their the old ways live on until times for them to emerge once more...

American indians have such stories, as well.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]