View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Creatures 

I know of elves etc, but what are the opinions of vampires? I tend to believe in them, but not in a silly way

Also what's your opinion on werewolves

(ps doesn't mean this modern view like twilight)

Ment like old lore on them, then the modern version of vampirism.

Just looking for opinions on the subject :).

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:15 am

Quite an interesting question- I did a search online. There is an abundance of origin stories of Vampires. One I had not heard of was about a human man named Ambrogio who though a series of curses and blessings by the Gods (Roman Gods) became a vampire. Here is a link to that accounting. http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/histor ... pires.html

You also wondered about werewolves and I consider them another type of shape-shifter. There are plenty of stories about shape shifting in lore e.g. Loki is a shape-shifter.

Do vampires and werewolves walk the earth? All is possible in all the worlds and dimensions of this existence. However, whatever Hollywood dishes out as lore is sometimes hilarious. By the way, I did not consider the Cullums in the Twilight franchise to be Vampires. They were the ‘Cold Ones’ and had no fangs. Really thought the werewolves were awesome. Read about Skinwalkers in Native American legends. Here is one link to read -Navajo Skinwalker Legend > http://www.navajolegends.org/navajo-skinwalker-legend/

So do Vampires and Werewolves really exist? Maybe----

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 pm

IMO the stories of the werewolf and werebear probably stem from the berserkr (bear shirts) and Ulfhedinn (wolf coats) -- warrior cults of Odin which wore the pelts of their totem animals as armor, and worked themselves into a frenzy, making them seemingly invulnerable to the average weapon.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Not too interested in Vampires for some reason but I do know that in Ireland, werewolves were thought of as guardians of children and people who were lost. They were helpful to anyone else and if they were frightened they turned back into a human and so they weren't monsters like the depictions in mainland Europe.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:46 am

Ogmios wrote:
Not too interested in Vampires for some reason but I do know that in Ireland, werewolves were thought of as guardians of children and people who were lost. They were helpful to anyone else and if they were frightened they turned back into a human and so they weren't monsters like the depictions in mainland Europe.

The vampires and werewolves may of been the result of desert religion's demonising the elder-beings that once live on Eire's surface.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Wayfarer wrote:
Ogmios wrote:

The vampires and werewolves may of been the result of desert religion's demonising the elder-beings that once live on Eire's surface.

Mmm possiple but as always there's the yin yang of it

If I can remember Greece had stories of vampires.

Vampires image has changed, sadly in a lot of bad ways but some vampire people do come out and shed light on hollywoods (crap)' though I'd love to learn the energy works of vampirism.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm

I believe Odin is capable of drinking the living blood of other beings but generally those who are willing to be drunken and only for the greater good.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]