View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Is Jesus a "false god"? 

The Christians like to claim that we worship "false gods" but whose gods are actually false?

Originally the words for "a god" meant "heavenly being" (*djewos) or "land spirit" (*ansos), which ruled either the weather, anthropic abstractions or life and death who could be worshiped and communed with through rituals and pagan symbols.

The word "god" comes from Proto-Germanic *gudha, "god" or "having received libation". Most people take it to mean a deity of infinite power and authority and can only be communed with through whispers and worshiped by bringing more followers to whisper things.

Originally, gods were beings who had one or few special abilities as representations of their pagan roles, who either are divine or terrestrial entities, communicable through rites and shamanic events featuring so called "idols" and offerings. Our gods satisfy nature, humanity and life individually whom we can have contact with through our offerings. Christians have a god of presides over superiorism and colonialist arrogance barely experienced during "worship".

As far as I can see, Jehovah is truly the "false god" here, as we have kept to the original definition.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 am

A god is a god.

For Christians (and any other monotheistic religion), their god is "the one true god". This is fine, if you are going to follow their rules then you are not to worship any other god. That is just their worldview.

We acknowledge the existence of other gods, even the jealous ones who have to convince their followers that our gods are false or demonic in order keep their flock in their pasture.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:40 am

Tyrsman wrote:
A god is a god.

For Christians (and any other monotheistic religion), their god is "the one true god". This is fine, if you are going to follow their rules then you are not to worship any other god. That is just their worldview.

We acknowledge the existence of other gods, even the jealous ones who have to convince their followers that our gods are false or demonic in order keep their flock in their pasture.

Well and simply stated Tyrsman.

The Wanderer, White Fox

Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Thank you Melrakki.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:35 am

Jesus was actually given a scandinavian name when christians came with their missions seeking to convert the populace. They called him Hvitekrist, (or Kvitekrist), meaning "White Christ." At the time period, the gods were given colors to be associated with their general "theme." They gave christ the color white to symbolize purity.

It is known by none, i attest by my own knowledge, how many of the populace genuinely believed in Hvitekrist.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:59 pm

I recently had a some what heated argument over, this very conversation, trouble was I wasn't the one getting upset, I listened then respectfully added my thoughts and gave a small hint as to my growing belief, laughed a little and walked away. Sine then the ring I wear gets stared at, and the person I had this conversation with doesn't say much to me anymore. I did tell her I wasn't opposed to her religious beliefs, I just didn't agree and its not for me.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 am
Site Admin

Tyrsman indeed spoke well:

Quote:
A god is a god.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 am

I believe he is a real God, but limited as ours are. The gods of Christianity are deceitful and greedy as they have their followers believe them more than they are.

That said, I am firmly of the thought that given history, monotheists are dangerous. Jews and Christians both were infamous for terrorist attacks within Rome, responsible for arson, assassination, and mass murder throughout the Imperium. Think of the Christian and Jewish God as the divine equivalent of Hitler or Stalin, their followers killing millions in purges that put both to shame. Islam is guilty of atrocities that stretch into the modern day. Ideologies like these cannot be made safe. They must be destroyed.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Something you may find interesting.

In the bible (Isaiah, I believe), The israelites send out after the Babylonian (if memory serves me right) king. On the way there, they grow thirsty and feel they won't make the trip, and even if they do, they will probably lose. They have women there who are capable of communicating with god, and ask of them to pray to Yahweh and ask for water and his blessings in battle. God responds that they shall awake the next day to water and shall win the battle, but in return, they must cover the entire land in stone rocks.

The next morning, they find that the valley is filled with water, seemingly out of nowhere. They drink up and head onward. They begin to win the battle severely, and are getting close to the king. The king goes to his last resort, and offers up his son as a sacrifice to Marduk. At this point, as the bible puts it, there came a great might (I believe that is how it was described) on the israelites and they were forced to retreat.

This is significant because the theory is that the canaanites, and the original christians, were at first Henotheists (believe that many gods exist, but that the god they worshipped was the strongest. Worship of multiple gods was OK). There is a lot of evidence going for this. Historically, it makes sense, and even in the original song of Moses it makes reference to multiple gods, many, many times. This is how Yahweh lost a battle to Marduk. Henotheists do not believe in omnipotence nor omniscience, so it makes sense for their god to lose a battle, as he did here. Later, they were converted to Monolatry (belief in multiple gods, and it is forbidden to worship other gods.)

Yahweh is a false god if you consider a god to be omnipotent and omniscient. Jesus, however, is a different story. Personally, I feel Jesus was a regular worshipper of god who got overly-glorified. Within the bible, when he is questioned as to being the son of god, he replies "it is true, I am the son of god, because we are all the sons of god." Many times in the bible there seems to be things pointing to him not being the true *son* of god. In fact, I don't believe he was even a good worshipper of god. He says that you must believe in all of what Moses said or else you can't believe what Jesus said. Moses said that all holy scripture was written under the influence of the holy spirit, and thus we must follow it. Yet, Jesus at many times breaks things that the old scriptures command. Many modern christians try to play this off as "the old scriptures don't apply", but even Jesus has said they do, despite his breaking of it's doctrines numerous times.

Jesus is a false god, though I question if he ever claimed to be a god. Yahweh is a real god who's just jealous and egotistical.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:28 am

I like the story I read about "innocent of conviction". I think that pretty much sums it up.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Sacreadheaven is right.

Originally hebrews were henotheists. If I remember right one of the Abrahaam wifes had different beliefs and was a "holy prostitute", this is not a joke, this is a term used to describe woman that engage with sex rituals and supposedly commune with the gods as some kind of priestess. There is even a story on the bible about her keeping idols of other gods and one where Yhvh punish some king that tries to sleep with her. Or it was the same story, I dont remember...

Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:55 am

I don't believe in "gods", I believe in those who came before and I believe in my ancestors and the ancestors of other men.

There are things worth noting, before and after Abraham. We are unwise if we believe there are not connections to our own beliefs as well as others. Red hair people are supposed spawns of long forgotten "Typhon", yet we claim them as our own.

Where does Jesus connect to us?

Let me bring you back to Constantine, my brothers.

There were days where our lands were wild and free and the children of Odin were not born abroad and they were not *********. The knowledge we fiercely seek were sung in songs never to be spoken again, only remaining in the breath of whispers which we turmoil to discover.

I never knew Jesus, even though he claimed my youth. The wisdom of the sands, the divination of the three wise ones remains. Since I have consulted with many powers I can say It would be most unwise to claim all powers do not come from a familiar source.... (Interpretatio graeca)

The self.

So what is christianity then, really? A mask, a convenience for those who would work parralell against us. A way to get people to believe in the greatest comfort. An after life. A state after death, that will make a worthless and meaningless life of subservience worth living. We have created an "untouchable" class without choosing to acknowledge it. Much like we claim the lives of many animals but know not their suffering. A gift of Ansuz from the wolf(slayer) to the sheep. Read my words and understand, do not believe in living your life after it is over. This system is meant to control people. The echos of Hammurabi cling tight.

Before Jove's Oak was felled by the vengeance of control and ambition, we lived free and without laws except deemed in judgement by those we lied at night with. We did not count days, we counted nights. We will never know, at this moment, how they lived - except by the veneration our ancestors give us. We have kept the hate given to us by our ancestor's tormentors. Long have we been Caligulas in the house of our captors.

It is up to us to sing new songs

It is up to us to claim new groves

It is up to us to remember the old ones... who else will?

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:46 am

Yes, not only is he a false God, the chances of him even existing are slim.

If you follow their "proof" back you will realize that it leads to the Tanakh. (You should read it if you have a **** ton of time for that crap.) The Tanakh explains so much about the Muslim religion, Christianity (current and past versions) and the Jewish religion. You realize that they are all versions of the same thing. Hateful, angry, sexist and abusive. I had a zen moment when I realized that "It's all connected."
The "New Testament" has many historical flaws that make it being true simply impossible.
And any version of the bible with the exception of the Tanakh has been translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English. It won't be worth your time. Therefor the Tanakh is your best bet for getting the clearest picture of what the Hebrew God is actually like. And as you read the Tanakh you will begin to see a picture emerge of what is going on.
In the beginning of the Tanakh he has a body. It is a slow transformation from physical body to disembodied God like creature. In fact he got in a wrestling match with one of his prophets and lost. that was the last time that he ever actually showed his face.
He changed his name several times in the Tanakh showing that he isn't the same all the time.
He also shows that he is not all knowing with his stupid questions. He showed fear when he confounded his people's language. He was afraid of what we could accomplish if we were working together.
All in all the God of the Jews is an angry God not worth your time.
Jesus on the other hand is/was not the messiah. He had to destroy the world and be the last man standing in order to be the messiah. He also had to end all war. Well I am typing this, you are reading it and we still have wars so... All that other stuff he did, did not make him the messiah. And there is no second coming anywhere. He had to do all of this in his first go around.
But don't just take my word for it. Read the Tanakh and decide for yourself what this god is.

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:31 pm

JuniperEchoes wrote:
Yes, not only is he a false God, the chances of him even existing are slim.

If you follow their "proof" back you will realize that it leads to the Tanakh. (You should read it if you have a **** ton of time for that crap.) The Tanakh explains so much about the Muslim religion, Christianity (current and past versions) and the Jewish religion. You realize that they are all versions of the same thing. Hateful, angry, sexist and abusive. I had a zen moment when I realized that "It's all connected."
The "New Testament" has many historical flaws that make it being true simply impossible.
And any version of the bible with the exception of the Tanakh has been translated from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English. It won't be worth your time. Therefor the Tanakh is your best bet for getting the clearest picture of what the Hebrew God is actually like. And as you read the Tanakh you will begin to see a picture emerge of what is going on.
In the beginning of the Tanakh he has a body. It is a slow transformation from physical body to disembodied God like creature. In fact he got in a wrestling match with one of his prophets and lost. that was the last time that he ever actually showed his face.
He changed his name several times in the Tanakh showing that he isn't the same all the time.
He also shows that he is not all knowing with his stupid questions. He showed fear when he confounded his people's language. He was afraid of what we could accomplish if we were working together.
All in all the God of the Jews is an angry God not worth your time.
Jesus on the other hand is/was not the messiah. He had to destroy the world and be the last man standing in order to be the messiah. He also had to end all war. Well I am typing this, you are reading it and we still have wars so... All that other stuff he did, did not make him the messiah. And there is no second coming anywhere. He had to do all of this in his first go around.
But don't just take my word for it. Read the Tanakh and decide for yourself what this god is.

I'm with you on this subject. The closest the abrahamic god comes to being of any legitimacy is in the context of a tribal/ancestral deity and nothing more, and that's me being generous.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:06 pm

I am going to stick with my belief that Jesus, and by default Yahweh, that have enjoyed a tremendous propaganda campaign in their favor.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 am

Tyrsman wrote:
I am going to stick with my belief that Jesus, and by default Yahweh, that have enjoyed a tremendous propaganda campaign in their favor.

I agree Tyrsman. As we have seen throughout history, propaganda is very powerful. The right place at the right time. I don't doubt the existence of Jesus, there is evidence of his life - written in the history of many countries. the stories of his life were written many years after his apparent passing, so, as with the stories written of our gods, they are from the viewpoint of he who puts pen to paper. And the stories were told and retold and retold many times prior to this happening - as is evidenced in what is written about our gods (even the modern translations vary depending on the interpretation of the translator).

Is Jesus a false god? Not to the christians. Is YHWH a false god? Not to those of the abrahamic faiths. You could in fact ask this question of many of the gods - the Hindu gods, The Buddha, the Shinto gods or the god of the Sikh (to name only a few). We ask this just as they ask if our gods are false.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:46 pm

Norse Storm wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

I agree Tyrsman. As we have seen throughout history, propaganda is very powerful. The right place at the right time. I don't doubt the existence of Jesus, there is evidence of his life - written in the history of many countries. the stories of his life were written many years after his apparent passing, so, as with the stories written of our gods, they are from the viewpoint of he who puts pen to paper. And the stories were told and retold and retold many times prior to this happening - as is evidenced in what is written about our gods (even the modern translations vary depending on the interpretation of the translator).

Is Jesus a false god? Not to the christians. Is YHWH a false god? Not to those of the abrahamic faiths. You could in fact ask this question of many of the gods - the Hindu gods, The Buddha, the Shinto gods or the god of the Sikh (to name only a few). We ask this just as they ask if our gods are false.

Even the christian bible admits that there are many gods and principalities. As far as the propaganda campaign goes, that relates to the tangent I went on in another thread about how the Jewish peoples have historically been masters at psychological warfare. Many were disappointed that Jesus was not the king they expected...but through his propaganda and making a semitic religion for all ethnicities he has has secured protection for the Jews even now, thousands of years later by making most of mdoern culture bow down to a historic jew and THE jews.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 am

sweinodinsson wrote:
Norse Storm wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

Even the christian bible admits that there are many gods and principalities. As far as the propaganda campaign goes, that relates to the tangent I went on in another thread about how the Jewish peoples have historically been masters at psychological warfare. Many were disappointed that Jesus was not the king they expected...but through his propaganda and making a semitic religion for all ethnicities he has has secured protection for the Jews even now, thousands of years later by making most of mdoern culture bow down to a historic jew and THE jews.

Very true. I've thought about that myself.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 am

Well this may draw fire but it's my ever open mind that even entertains it. The History channel aired the bloodline of Jesus this last sunday announcing to the world ( what researchers found 18 yrs ago) that the blood on shroud of Turin not only isn't Jewish but is AB- which suggests a link to Scandanavian and Asian bloodlines as well as the Druze which they proved. I was told many years ago along with the Bible's statement, Jesus wasn't Jewish of faith or blood but lineage of the Nazareth, his family which he was sent to live with when he entered puberty until he was near thirty. He was not the color of the dark Jewish nation nor had he the belief in their God but that of his Family. I could go on with many bit'o info but essentially, many of us are related to him. It is suggested that he was rejected by the Jews because he was not at all like them but brought a different representation. I do not believe he ever claimed to take on sins or become god of a popular religion. I have another thought but will let you get this far and see where it goes.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Vanir21 wrote:
Well this may draw fire but it's my ever open mind that even entertains it. The History channel aired the bloodline of Jesus this last sunday announcing to the world ( what researchers found 18 yrs ago) that the blood on shroud of Turin not only isn't Jewish but is AB- which suggests a link to Scandanavian and Asian bloodlines as well as the Druze which they proved. I was told many years ago along with the Bible's statement, Jesus wasn't Jewish of faith or blood but lineage of the Nazareth, his family which he was sent to live with when he entered puberty until he was near thirty. He was not the color of the dark Jewish nation nor had he the belief in their God but that of his Family. I could go on with many bit'o info but essentially, many of us are related to him. It is suggested that he was rejected by the Jews because he was not at all like them but brought a different representation. I do not believe he ever claimed to take on sins or become god of a popular religion. I have another thought but will let you get this far and see where it goes.

This I had not heard or read (unsurprisingly) however the concept of 'fostering' a son to another family was very common - mostly relatives or to a family of high regard or to someone with whom you have done business. So, this concept is very feasible. Will we ever know for sure - no. However, as with everything there are always feasible alternatives that can / may ring true, this being one of them. Stormr

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next