View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Tyr/Ziu and Dogs? 

Hello brothers and sisters I have been limiting my time online noticing it seemed to be toxic to my sanity....but this forum has been a haven in the madness thus far!

Interesting occurrence...I had a rough couple of weeks health wise and when I feel awful, I try to find what happiness I can. So, my spouse and I decided to rescue a second dog.

We found a Husky in dire need of a good home, he's sweet with the cats and in love with our other dog, but the bizarre thing is the prior owner (who loved the dog dearly enough to know he couldn't care for it) named it Ziu- the Deitsch name for Tyr.

I had a dream the week prior of Baron Samedi giving me a black husky- this one simply looks like a small wolf with beautiful manners. The only "trial" is training a 10 month old puppy who has never learned to "go" outside.

What a beautiful gift, I seldom leave my property so I am doing my very best to train him- he's been here exactly one day and I already see progress.

Do any of you see a connection between Tyr and dogs, or would you like to offer insight or interpretation to this new event in my life?

Hailsa!

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:16 am

Tyrienne wrote:
Do any of you see a connection between Tyr and dogs, or would you like to offer insight or interpretation to this new event in my life?

Welcome back Tyrienne.

I have a feeling that Tyr appreciates the loyalty of dogs. Pack animals that have an incredibly strong instinct for the structure, social order and security of their community (their pack).

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:05 am

Tyrsman wrote:
Tyrienne wrote:

Welcome back Tyrienne.

I have a feeling that Tyr appreciates the loyalty of dogs. Pack animals that have an incredibly strong instinct for the structure, social order and security of their community (their pack).

I got him Friday and it's now Monday- he has gone from housebreaking illiterate, to doing it only in exchange for boiled chicken, to now never being more than 3 feet away from my own feet- and indicating when he has to go unless I'm sleeping. He went from a mess of nervous "marking" to running into the corner if he sees I see his "accidents"....and he forces my husband and I outside for hours regardless of the weather to appreciate nature (since he cannot "go" unless he's had a good run/play session; hence, why I'm consenting for possibly another very minor surgery- the only thing that kept me from getting my foot looked at was stubbornness- but I will not deny my dog a run because of my own carelessness! I ran track, I know how to work around foot injury well enough until it's fixed).

I've had a broken foot for three months I have been able to ignore since I was stationary after surgery...however, after surgery healed, I can run again, albeit on some broken toes that I am ALSO now getting fixed.

Because of him, we've rearranged the house a bit and it looks better- more open room for him and my other dog to play, and also, I got my spouse to agree to allow me to remove the horrid shag carpet that likely has been here since 1967 from our living room since this dog has been neglected and only had a wire cage and astroturf as his bathroom prior to coming to us. When I leave the room, he cries. If I put him in a crate and stay in the room, he's fine now.

When we first got him, I thought he was beautiful but with as much fluff in the skull as on the body- he is rapidly exceeding all expectation for a dog.

I've also never seen one dog give up milk bones to another dog willingly. He WILL NOT take any treat unless he is certain our first dog has had her fill.

He's very organized in a way, and it's becoming easier to reach mutual understanding.

Now I have no idea how people who are not home 24/7 have dogs....but my dogs are a Pit/lab service dog named Natasha and now my husky named Ziu.

It's hard to pronounce- but he will only come if you pronounce it "EXACTLY" as "Tzee-yu"... how it's pronounced around here in Pa Deitschland.

And the oddest part is I didn't think he would even begin to give up his husky stubbornness until after his neuter in 2 weeks.
It's very strange and wonderful how closely he's bonded so rapidly- further, he has no interest in our cats any more than he has interest in furniture....after day 3, he ignores them.

He's actually really impressive- but I can also see how if he is left alone for even a moment he would go insane and likely be destructive and "undesirable" to most people's modern circumstance'.

An interesting aside: We did see if he would respond to any other name- Not only did he not respond, but he would growl at the names of other Gods. Further, we live on the bank of a stream with "finder's rights" for things found in the water- his first morning he found one of those expensive "Kong" super-strong dog toys in the stream stuck in pile of brush near no other dog's homes... I almost bought the same one for my first dog until I saw the price tag.

Tyr Himself I've always seen as a sort of figure who would only be in Asgard out of moral obligation rather than desire... it explains why he spent so much time around Fenrir. The story I know states Tyr is the son of a fire and a frost Jotun and was the "leader" God of several confirmed archaelogically excavated regions and predates mention of Woten by 6000 years.

My personal UPG is that when the "new" pantheon took over, instead of fading into obscurity- he "disowned" the Jotuns (the prior pantheon) to continue to Serve His people.

There have also been record of at least 2 or three kings of Northern Europe named and/or titled "Tyr"- so some people I've met believe he has lived incarnate among humans a few times as part of his history.

None of these things I know for certain, they are only thoughts.

What I feel is important to know about Tyr is He has the highest expectations of any God I've become aware of in the Norse/Germanic history of Gods- he requires no altars or offerings except for honorable action, self-sacrifice for the greater good, patience, and improving one's observation skills and being able to know when to lead and when to fade back into the shadows and watch silently.

I am not by nature a quiet person, He is a quiet God- but I think that lack of words makes what He does say more valuable. If I have a dream of Tyr, I take it seriously and take whatever action is suggested regardless of personal cost.

I never expected to get anything out of it, I just believe in fairness and that one should live a life with a courageous and strong ethic that I wish existed in a place and not scarcely found as it is now in some few individuals.

I never would expect any material gifts from one like Tyr, much less one as beautiful and useful as this dog, he really solves a lot of problems in my life I didn't pay attention to prior.

Woten or Loki? Sure! I know many people who have been blessed with items given by Woten in almost every facet of Odin-worship- usually something from nature with natural runes already found within. I also know a man who made an offering to Freyja and ended up with 12 cats.

Tyr- I wish we had more history on; it feels like His legacy through history is only now starting to unfold as people embrace the less-known Gods of Odinism.

I like to say often that if I could go anywhere- it would be the Vatican library. Even writings burnt en-masse had a copy sent to the Vatican archives, if those were open to us and all of Europe, all forms of Eurasian polytheism would bloom.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 pm

I saw on a book on portuguese that says that dogs and wolves are Tyrs`s totemic animals. You probably know that, of course, I am just pointing that the gods are working on your life.

I discovered that I have a lot on common with Tyr and on these last days I read more about him, I agree with you, its wonderfull what we can learn about the gods and their impact on the life of the man.

The All-Father is telling me that I should seek Tyr and contact him, he showed to me Sirius and the Tiwas rune often, both are connected to the god of war.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:41 am

Though I seldom acknowledge anything I cant understand, the wounded one has begged me seek Tyrs assistance as well. For days my right hand ached with the torment of loss (something I am well familiar with.) In my effort to eternally subdue my pain, I can only note the pain as a reminder. The gods are reminders. It seems sometimes they seek us as well as we seek them.

This is the war all would beg you fight, for power of the self. War is the way our ancestors tested their divination ...

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]