View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Fylgyur 

Hail

I was outside reading the Saga of the Volsungs today. Occasionaly, I pause and reflect upon what I have read. Well, on one of these reflective moments, my mind focused on the Fylgyur.

I have heard that they may take the form of a bull, lion, wolf or bird; the manner of animal reflects the quality of the man or woman. As I considered this, a honey bee landed on the back of my left hand and looked at me for about 30 seconds. In another minute or two, the same thing happened. There were a few bees around, so I am unsure of whether it was the same bee or not. Then, a bee landed on my right, exposed shoulder. This time the bee stayed for about a minute, the two of us staring at each other. I greated it and had the feeling that I may have discovered my animal Fylgyur.

Have any of you any experience with these matters concerning Fylgyur, Hamingja or any Dísir?

Mon May 09, 2016 2:56 am

I'm glad to see you didn't swat it away. Keep an open mind and see what you can learn from this experience. I suspect one day you won't even need to ask, because you will know more.
r

Thu May 12, 2016 4:12 am

I felt like this was my Fylgyur... tief in meiner Seele. To be honost with you, I have previously identified as a Christian (interested to know why people type "Xtian") and have always strived to feel the presence of "God". Since I walked into the woods and presented myself before the Gods and spirits of this realm, I have been having many "strange/other-wordly" experinces like this. Even during my weight training days, I see an image (at least in my perseption) of Thor. I feel this energy which pushes me to new plateaus. I am amazed at how real and interactive the Gods are. Almost like it's too good to be true that I am experiencing what I am experiencing. But, to the point of this thread, hve you experience in these matters? I am very interested in soul projection and similar topics.

Tue May 17, 2016 1:52 am

Felman, you may have been unaware previously of the presence of the gods and it is not until now, where you have begun to understand them, that you are becoming aware of them. The Gods and Goddesses have always been here and they walk among us, it is only that most people are blind to them. Stormr

Tue May 17, 2016 2:19 am

The owl is my filgya. As for Disir, I have honored the Disir on winter nights.
The owl always comes to visit me. I've had eerie things happen like having a dream warning me about something and then getting woke up by an owl outside my window. No matter where I live, there is always an Owl screening for attention.
It sucks now though, cause someone has asked me to go run an owl out of a tree for killing the man's chickens.

Tue May 17, 2016 10:51 am

Crows (actually most corvids) are mine. When I see one I know the Gods are watching and it comforts me. When my pagan friends see many crows they think of me and call me at just the right time with information/help I did not yet express I needed outloud.

Last year around this time we purchased this house. A baby blue jay sat in my hand for several minutes, blue jays are corvids. Occasionally, I am honored by visits from Ravens, but usually, it's crows.

If I see foxes, it is usually a warning to be more mindful. I am unsure if I have two fylgia or if I just like foxes a great deal.

Further, in my life outside of the internet people often call me "Raven" by accident (I am not secret, my name is Ren). I just run with it and feel blessed.

Tue May 17, 2016 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]