View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Hello from St Louis 

Hail all!
My name is Sean and I live in St. Louis, Mo. I have been reading the board off and on for a couple of weeks and it intrigues me. I have read the Odin Brotherhood, and it does interest me (the secret society thing among many other things). I do enjoy the delivery of the book and it seems to cover our lore in a simple matter as a good introductory text (you all have to admit, some of our lore IS dry reading :lol: )

I mostly read the poetic edda and do my personal "rune a day", not to advance myself in any runic methods, but to help myself understand the lore.

I have been "home" for about a year and a half now, after years of reading about other faiths that just didn't sit right with me.

As a kid, I knew the bible like the back of my hand (had preachers tell my family that I am gifted) but, as a kid identified very many flaws in the church, and no one had the answers. I found myself reading greek mythology (Edith Hamilton's books) and everything about King Arthur I could.

After finding Wicca (which, as I understand, is a gateway for many folks), and quickly casting that aside (I rather enjoy being a man, and most of the Wiccan "men" I encountered or read about seemed to me to be the type of subservant male that I abhor, the "metrosexual" types who shy away from the traits that make us men, our strength, our courage, our "manliness"), I started searching and searching.

I got back to greek mythology, and while Hollywood has whored out that culture, and I really enjoy their mythology... I am not Greek, and would not/felt I truly COULD NOT walk that path.

So, again, I was back in the cycle of seeking. Then I saw the 3d movie Beowulf... Yes, I know people did not like that movie much, but it flipped a switch... and I "came home".

I am a Dad, and Husband, and I am the 'trailblazer' for the family to connect to our ancestral stream (my wife is Irish and Lithuanian, I am German, Scottish, Irish, English..we both have a sprinkle of Indian in us), and am working on teaching the children about our lore (My oldest daughter asks about Thor when the lightening strikes, so the seed is growing).

My wife is very supportive of me (and I feel is waiting me out, as I am still learning and doing, to ensure it is a safe 'plunge' as her family is all Roman Catholic, and would create much animosity should she shed the yokes of slavery)..

I like to play guitar, read, play video games, excersize (mostly powerlifting), and wrestle with the kids.

I am setting to deploy to the middle east for a year soon, and am looking forward to getting my hands on a pencil necked jihadist. (Edit: did not add this to original post) I served 6 years in the United States Navy, where I sailed to the North Atlantic (almost to the artic), The Atlantic, The Med, The Suez, The Persian Gulf (many times), The Indian Ocean...

I am here to learn, teach, and understand.

Anyway, that is a quick introduction of me. Any questions, please feel free to ask, I am sure I will have some.

Glad to be here,
Sean

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:29 pm

welcome to the forum, glad you have found what you are looking for.

Storm

Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:48 pm

As you'll see there's a lot to learn and share.
Hope you find your home here...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:34 pm
Site Admin

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:51 pm

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:30 pm
Profile YIM

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:33 am

Welcome brother. As a vet myself I know where you are. Anything you need just ask brother. And again welcome.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:52 pm

I look forward to posting with you.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Wow, your story is eerily mirrored to my own although I am not in the Navy and my child is not born yet (but will be in 4 short months) But I too was raised very strict born again christian. I am just know getting over the madness of being lied to for 20 years. We share many of the same interests and despise all the same things. I am curios to hear what your philosophy is on the Norse gods because I have noticed that many people tend to mix and use underling christian principals when explaining their beliefs in the Norse. Unfortunately Christianity has infected most religions and belief systems around the world and most cattle... I mean people, can't distinguish the difference. Anyway, PM me anytime if this subject interests you. Stay Strong-
Theron

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:24 pm
Profile WWW

You have to deal with the "return home" first.

and after 25 plus years of living the lie, it is hard to instantly reprogram your mind, especially when surrounded by christian and catholic influence.

So, with that said, (sorry so short, a friend kindred is in town, and I have little time to post), here is my philosophy, as of now (and as it was when I first "opened my eyes", I am sure it will change)

I know for a fact, they are there, whether they manifest physically or not and interact with us here in midgard personally, is something I have yet to experience, and have nothing solid to prove this with.

But I know for a fact, that they have spoken with me. Now, this does not happen, but when I was still freshly coming home, I was traveling to Kansas City to meet a kindred of friends there, and I fained (dont really call it blot, as there was no blood involvd) to the Gods for a safe trip.

All I heard, in my mind, was safe trip. I tried to cast it off as myself creating something in my mind (as we are 'trained' to do in this modern age) but there was no shaking the fact that, "Safe Trip" was something told to me, not created.

With that said, we had an outstanding trip and here were are, about a year later, and our friends from K.C. are coming to visit.

So my view, is that they are there, and they communicate with us, we just have to listen, and have a little faith too (but never stop seeking for knowledge and facts).

The thing I found with my christian friends and family is that they are so fear mongered into believing that they will go to this "hell" if they should turn their backs on the their enslavers, that they cannot and will not break free from the chains.

So, my battlefield, at least as far as this is concerned, is ideological, and spiritual, no physicality will change the minds of the masses.

That is where I see myself fighting this battle, because one must have his family behind him (the faith starts in the home), and lucky for me, my family supports me, even if they do not fully understand yet.

But, patience is a virtue, and living and setting the example, "paving the way", if you will, will be my weapons, and I may lose battles (some folks are better grounded theologically than me, and sometimes I can not win the debates with the "super slaves", but those are just battles, the war is a process that requires patience.)

I hope I helped you.

Take care,

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:04 pm

It is important to pick your battles with "super slaves" that is for sure. I picture them like a blind beggar trying to pick fight with a stick. They will come at you swinging and swatting like a crazy person with all of their hypocritical dogmatic finger pointing when they can't even see what they are facing. With a little bit of knowledge and tactic, you will find they easily leave themselves wide open to strike, not to hurt them but to prove your point to where they can't rebuttal. I find myself attacked on a daily basis at work and when I talk to my family. My brother followed me to Chicago from NH to become a christian missionary. I can't escape it and it weighs me down sometimes. Like you I have a very supporting wife who comes from a long line of Basque witches and is very well versed in paganism and magick (not wiccan!!) and I cannot wait to raise my child with a free spirited soul and a respect for all beliefs. Sorry for the rant. Until next time-
stay strong
Theron Thoraldr

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]