View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Mental health care? 

Hello. The reason I'm writing here is because I know you are all aligned with my understanding of the truth, regarding our purpose and bonds with the gods. I truly have nowhere else to turn to. I'll get straight to the point. I'm currently shaking, I feel distorted and I am being bombarded by very unhealthy thoughts. My history consists of abandonment, death and irresponsibility, including the consequences of those events. Sometimes I become very unstable (like now) and I just want to scream, destroy something or kill someone.This has been an escalating issue for some years, and I'm confident that I've never been this unstable. In some ways I am clear and able to understand my goals, but there's another angle of me that opposes this. I am unable to achieve what I want because I am so disgusted by our modern reality and the people that inhabit our world. And by that I mean that I'm unable to socialize with people I consider to be weak and ignorant. Anyhow, I was meaning to ask if the gods would accept mental treatment. I have been invited to stay at a mental institution for as long as I need, but I know that self reliance is important. If I were to stay at a mental institution for the benefit of my goals and well-being, would the gods frown on this? I realize I should be able to 'treat' myself, but I've tried for a long time and it does not work. I might get a break for weeks or months but then it returns in all it's sinister form. I become unhappy with every existence because I am unable to form social bonds, because I recognize the individual's shallowness. The only social enrichment I receive is from the love of my life, who lives just as socially isolated as me, except that she's unfathomably beautiful and receives a lot of attention due to that.

I was just writing a really long post here when I reflected and realized that it would degrade me. In some capacity I might be acting on emotion here, but I currently find my emotion to be more pure and honest than my reason. Thank you.

Edit (clarification): The reason I'm considering a mental institution is because I need another perspective, from people who are psychologically adept. I live a very poor social life and I feel I suffer for it.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:25 pm

There is no shame in seeking insight in dealing with a problem. Odin himself sought outside help when he had questions that he did not know the answers to. Learning how to control your emotions and direct your thoughts is a form of self-improvement.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:29 am

There is such a thing as taking the concept of "self reliance" too far. Seek assistance when you need it. It's not "Self sufficiency" if you fall short of meeting your own needs. That achieves the "self" part, but fails to achieve the "sufficiency" part.

Don't become permanently dependent on this institution either, though. Then you're not even on a path that could lead to "self sufficiency".

If your goal is to gain knowledge, however, then you will not become permanently dependent on the institution that gave it to you. You'll get your knowledge and keep it.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:49 am

I take nothing away from the others, as they suggest you should seek help. You are free and you should do as you please. The gods don't judge you. Do you think that they consider such things? If they want to seek something, they go there. They do not consider how you might feel about it.

At the same time, I do not like the principle of such places. They rarely offer any substantial help. They love to give you pills. The pills are supposed to be short term, but I rarely see someone get off of them. They are not there to help you improve or get better. They are there, like most of our corrupt society, to capitalize on a situation. If you get better, they don't keep getting paid. If the best solution is free, they don't get paid.

You are the master of your own destiny. If you don't want to hurt someone, don't do it. You are clear enough of mind to type this up and rational enough to consider the issues. You do not need committed. The stigma of that will haunt you later potentially. If you needed a place like that, they would take you without choice.

You won't find many people in this world to talk with or relate these issues toward in conversation. Ultimately, you are the only one who will ever truly know what you feel and think. It is best served to devote time to that. Sit in isolation and allow yourself to process and come to terms with things. That is the foundation of wisdom. It is seldom gained by asking someone directly. Odin did seek others. Where did that get him or them for that much? Not that I stand on that argument alone. I just found it interesting, as I considered the statement vs my opinion.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:47 am

Hey Brother,

It is OK to get help if you have mental health problems.

You may want to first try doing something healthy when
you are experiencing your moods shifting. Try going for
a walk, if you don't exercise, start doing it. If you have
unhealthy habits, do your best to get rid of them. If you
have unhealthy relationships with people that degrade
or disrespect you, drop them.

Your mental health is very important. The Gods will NOT
look down on you for getting help. You might want to
look into counselling or talking to a therapist before you
do something drastic like entering an institution..

However if you ever do feel like you are going to hurt
yourself or another person, then by all means get help
brother. Just remember the medications they give you
can help chemical imbalances you may be experiencing
but ultimately, meditation, and healthy living will improve
your experience.

if you need institutional help, they will give you drugs
but in my experience very little psychological help.

I wish you good health. I know what you are going thru.

Bucky

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Hail,

Another few points and suggestions for you.
These are real methods that have worked
well for me and they are natural. Try these
out before taking medication or seeing an
institution.

1. Have a salt bath. If you have access to
a bathtub, fill it up with hot water and salt
and soak in it for an hour. It will clear away
negative energy and will help release toxins
that may be causing energy blockages that
are messing with your mind.

2. Go chill out in nature. Often. I too hate
most of modern day society. I too am also
alienated from most people. When I am not
in a good state I will go chill for an hour or
two a day in nature by myself. Sit under a
tree, feel the earth, listen to the birds,
watch a stream float by. Nature heals.

3. Earthing. If you can, go outside, find a
patch of earth with some grass on it, once
again preferably in a natural environment
and stand with your shoes off on the earth.
It will bring you back to reality, will ground
your thoughts and bring you greater peace.
The earth holds energy and absorbing it
with skin touching earth works.

4. Drink water. Lots of water and proper
healthy nutrition will help lead to a healthy
mind state. Also exercise daily and remove
yourself from environments that cause you
stress. If you are sitting on your computer
too much. Get away from it.

Hope these strategies help you.

Bucky

Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks a lot for the answers provided here, especially to you Bucky for the effort you put. After the post, catastrophic events ensued and I lost my home and the love of my life. I did not commit myself to an institution, which I probably should have. I suffered acute insomnia and became psychotic, but now the storm has settled and I'm able to sleep again. It's amazing how crazy you get when being awake for over 40 hours and still not being able to sleep. It will probably take some time before I become active here again, because my mind and body feels terrible after such a prolonged period of little sleep.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:19 am

I have felt as you do and have self-checked myself into psychiatric care three times....I do not see it as "drastic"- I see it as expedient.

Here are some tips:

Go to the Emergency room or clinic directly- the words you MUST say is "I am afraid of harming [myself/others/both] and i need help"

You have the right to be heard- if you are assigned a poor physician, ask to be switched. I did, it made a huge difference

Don't wear anything with belts, metal, laces or removable parts- do not bring any electronics. make a list of phone numbers by hand.

The usual stay is from 3 to 10 days. No worries, I stayed 10 days each time.

I learned more about people and mental health from my time in a clinic than I did from any college course. I even met fellow Odinists in there with me.

One time, there were more PhD's as patients than in the staff.

Get well, this IS self reliance to recognize when to seek further assistance.

This will also prove to you who your true companions are in life- if people in your life shun you for this, then they are unworthy of you.

Many Odinists have some form PTSD- and Tyr is our God in these times...

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:55 am

Thank you Tyrienne, I will be sure to remember that as well as seek guidance from Tyr in the battles of the mind.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Hail Brother,

Tyrienne is correct. If you need help, go to an
emergency ward of a hospital and tell them you
feel unwell and may be a threat to yourself or
others. They will re-stabilize you. Not sleeping
is Hell.

I have gone 4-5 days without sleep. On one
5 day stint I called aloud to any beings that
could help me survive this sleepless disaster
I was experiencing. Well I laid down after the
call, and met my Valkyrie via telepathy. She
comforted me and talked me to sleep.

Mental health is incredibly important. I am sorry
your life suffered and you lost your girlfriend. I
just about lost my wife when we first started
dating. I fell hard. Quit sleeping, when into mania
and into psychosis. I ended up in the hospital
for over a month. She stayed with me thankfully.

Learn to monitor your thoughts. Understand when
you feel frustration, rage, anger, go express it in
a healthy way. Go to a private outdoor location
and scream. Just DO NOT hurt yourself or others.

Prison isn't fun. I wish you good mental health
brother and remember if you find yourself in a
sleepless emergency that leads to psychosis
go to an emergency room.

I too have met incredible people in psych units
that ultimately helped me heal my mental issues.
It was as if they were there to help me and I to
help them. It's funny how Universe works..

Be well Brother. Another thing is stay connected
to Earth. Don't let yourself float away in thoughts
or become disconnected from society or reality
that we collectively share. Sometimes you will have
to tell the Gods you need a break from them to
care for yourself. It is an OK thing to do and they
will wait and will not abandon you.

Hail to you and your continued mental wellness!

Bucky

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]