View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
NORSKK Order 

Though not specifically Odinist, these fellows have a very interesting message and website.

http://norskk.com/order

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Wow, I genuinely love it

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:42 am

They seem very genuine, which is quite refreshing.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 am

This seems to be a very useful tool. Thank you for sharing it

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 am
Site Admin

We try not to criticize other groups, but it appears to be a one-person operation designed by a young person. Check the list of their "rules" at the bottom of the page. It contains such things as

Quote:
Anyway, blame your parents for raising a *****, not us.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:43 pm

I wish them luck but their website has too many photographs of guys with "bloodied" weapons in their mouth for me to take them seriously. I will categorize them as a Baldur Rising for adventurous people.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:54 pm

I admire his tenacity for creating such a site and for trying to motivate young men (and women) into worthwhile men (and women) who can fend for themselves and become self reliant. Clearly the resurgence in the Old Ways in Iceland is strong. There are alot of youth who have lost their way, have become techno junkies and who have no self respect. We should not knock those that promote fitness, clean living and seeking the Gods, we should support their efforts. The Norskk ideal is not for everyone just as the Odin Brotherhood is not for everyone. I would rather someone learnt from these people than from the likes of Baldr Rising - Tyrsman, I think perhaps it inappropriate to dump them into the same basket. My thoughts. Storm

Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:16 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
The Norskk ideal is not for everyone just as the Odin Brotherhood is not for everyone. I would rather someone learnt from these people than from the likes of Baldr Rising - Tyrsman, I think perhaps it inappropriate to dump them into the same basket. My thoughts. Storm

That is an excellent point Storm. I grouped them in with Baldur Rising simply due to the fact that they both have a rank system that is for sale. I actually do wish them well and applaud their efforts to raise awareness to the values of our folk.

I have been exceptionally cynical lately and that results in me having a very narrow outlook yet painting with broad strokes.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:05 am

Tyrsman, we all have bad days, no one is immune from it. I hope things manage to calm down for you soon. Storm

Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:00 am

It is indeed a sad world that we live in, where we need to always be suspicious of people/groups when they appear. However you make valid points with regard to these things. The new age movement and other forms of depravity have created all kinds of parasites and con men looking to scam people out of their money. Its only natural that we be aware of this when looking at a new site or group...especially those who charge money for such things.

Hopefuly these Norskk guys are genuine and trying to help. I did notice that some of their stuff is actually offered free. I had never even heard of this 'Baldur Rising' thing until I read about it on here...

Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:26 am

Norse Storm Dragon wrote:
Tyrsman, we all have bad days, no one is immune from it. I hope things manage to calm down for you soon. Storm

Thank you Storm. I truly appreciate your well-wishes.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:15 pm

ONLY THE FIRST STEP OF TRAINING IS SOLD. AS IT IS A COURSE. THE REST OF THE TRAINING IS FREE. YET IT IS NOT GUARANTEED. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR IT AND YOU ARE EITHER DEEMED WORTH OR NOT TO ATTEND.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:32 am

ONLY THE FIRST STEP OF TRAINING IS SOLD. AS IT IS A COURSE. THE REST OF THE TRAINING IS FREE. YET IT IS NOT GUARANTEED. YOU MUST SIGN UP FOR IT AND YOU ARE EITHER DEEMED WORTH OR NOT TO ATTEND.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:32 am
Site Admin

This was sent to us by the "Norskk Order":

Quote:
I am writing in reference to your post meant to criticize us as "a one-person operation designed by a young person".

I think our site makes it clear that we don't give a **** about what other people think. We pick and chose who we wants to associate ourselves with, with no financial pressure as all our training is free.

From a Norse perspective, however, posting derogatory information that is gratuitous and without factual basis, not addressing the criticized party directly, and doing all of this anonymously, meet the very definition of a níðingr.

While such cowardly behavior is pretty typical in modern society, its is absolutely astonishing from someone advertising a connection to a so called "Odin Brotherhood", and quite frankly, it is a disgrace to what we, Norse people, stand for.

Heill þér Þórr!

Þór Þórðarson

Úlfhéðnar Hirð Ein

Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:35 am

Hahahaha that was truly something. Well I at least think more highly of them now. I'll give their website a second look-over and see what I find.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:02 am

They certainly take offense easily.

Voicing an opinion based on a valid observation is hardly gratuitously derogatory.

Still, I wish them luck in their venture. There is nothing wrong with playing Viking if you come out of the experience a better person and there is no doubt that traditional Nordic values are sorely needed today.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:29 am

Frankly, everything else aside, I see that response from the "so called" (returning the favour) NORSKK Order as being no less derogatory than the post that supposedly caused the offense. Secondly, I could be inappropriately jumping to conclusions but if the double post in all caps is in any way associated with this organization (and if not, I apologize for the false connection), it lends credibility to the original offense causing post. Nevermind the bit about being deemed "worthy" yet not giving a **** about other people's opinions.

That being said, I do wish them luck in their endeavour in the same vein as Tyrsman's comment.

Stigandr Melrakki
The Wanderer, White Fox

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 pm

I thought their reply showed spirit.

And on facebook they are clearly not small or run by one guy. It is a full-fledged school with bases in Canada, Norway, Iceland, and one in Montana, US.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 pm

Their website is very well laid out as well. Very sleek.

Edit: I am intrigued as it appears they offer some great things, however, there are many of similar programs not related to Vikings/Norse subject matter that ask for such a steep price just to get started with little more than an attractive website. In my personal experience, they are often not all as advertised. I am definitely not saying this is the case, just that it would be difficult for me to make that leap without additional corroboration.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:18 pm
Site Admin

I concluded that it was initiated by a young man since the web site is so beautiful (the young possess such skills)--it goes out of its way to welcome gay and nonwhite people (the young like to make such statements)--and it seems be more style than substance (again, a trait of the young).

Training berserkers sounds interesting, but that could quickly land a lot of people in prison in our pacifist and weak-willed Western societies.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next