View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
NORSKK Order 

OdinBrotherhood wrote:
I concluded that it was initiated by a young man since the web site is so beautiful (the young possess such skills)--it goes out of its way to welcome gay and nonwhite people (the young like to make such statements)--and it seems be more style than substance (again, a trait of the young).

Training berserkers sounds interesting, but that could quickly land a lot of people in prison in our pacifist and weak-willed Western societies.

Agreed. This is what I gleaned from it as well.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:40 am

It'll teach people how to be what the Brotherhood calls Neo-Barbarians, who can live outside the civilised world.

And truly, attempting to arrest someone who can or does live outside civilisation is no easy feat.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:10 pm
Site Admin

Blodhrafn, it is wise to learn survival skills. But, a wise man will teach himself or will learn from one elder.

A group of half-naked people with edged weapons in the forest will draw negative attention, however. In the USA, people will call the police when a group of unarmed naked witches dance in the woods.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 am

if they went proper Berserker they would definitely be shot by the police or in jail.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:33 pm

It seems to me that it is a school. You pay the $200 for the online courses, then the rest is invitation only. If your ex-military/specfor then you can even apply and go work for them in Iceland. Leave it to Iceland to take the next step in advancing Ásatrú.

Lets be honest with ourselves here, most people won't take that training and go headhunting, most would likely use it to go live off-grid or tribally, if even that.

But I agree that regardless you can find yourself in a violent situation with police for just about anything.

If any of us do anything noteworthy, it'll be either ignored or portrayed negatively, regardless of what it is. Worrying about negative press is the last thing any of us should concern ourselves with as we'll be the victim of propaganda regardless.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Hail,

I agree with Odinbrotherhood. A real modern
day Berzerkergangr is most often found in
the ghetto's, slums, prisons and criminal
outlaw clubs and organizations, speaking
from personal experience..

Pretending to be a Berzerkergangr in a
viking internet club is silly. It's like saying
the Keyboard Warriors MC exist outside
of the internet and must be feared..

[edit: the below is added]

If you really are a Berzerkergangr in
modern times, your personal Valkyrja
will teach you Seidr and the ways of
being a Berzerk.. There is more too it
then just battle and internet clubs.

Bucky

Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:35 am

It isn't an internet club, since it has actual sports teams. And literal camps to go train.

Training supposed Ásatrúar to survive and possibly fight is tremendously good for reasons that go without saying. And all without drawing any ire from authorities.

And yes, a real Berserkr would be somebody afflicted with psychopathy and bipolar disorder, as they would say now. So one such as that would most certainly be among the criminal element. But what of it, the laws of men are meaningless. Especially Christian laws.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:32 pm

"Blodhrafn, it is wise to learn survival skills. But, a wise man will teach himself or will learn from one elder." - Odinbrotherhood

I agree with his post. I have not been initiated
by any groups. My Valkyrja is the one that taught
me the secrets of being a Berzerk. I don't need to
fly out to Iceland or wherever to take part in a
group. I have trained in combat of different styles
my whole life.

Yes, to be a Berzerk it seems Bipolar is needed. It
is a gift as an Odinist, but having it Christian society
makes it a sin. As a modern Berzerk you will naturally
be involved criminally or in some warrior fashion. You
could be a martial arts instructor, soldier, outlaw like
myself or whatever your Berzerk manifests as.

There is more to it then running around naked and
attacking people. There is serious spiritual parts to
it you won't find on the net. Some kid from NORSKK
cannot replace the words of my Valkyrja.

Sorry but mystical spiritual things cannot always
be discussed or taught by humans or the interweb.

I learned from my Valkyrja and Gods when they
have time to teach me something. If you are a
true Berzerk your Valkyrja and the Gods will
initiate you thru life experiences via challenges.

Bucky

Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:03 pm

I don't think you need to tell Icelanders, whom are the actual linguistic and cultural descendants of the Norse and can actually read the original Edda and Saga texts, how to be Ásatrúar. It is us Americans, whom think skin color is a big deal and gays are a problem, that need to be told. Repeatedly.

And this right here, the forum of the Odin Brotherhood, is the internet club.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:28 pm

I understand you don't know me.

I am not American. I am direct
descendant of Viking bloodlines
as well. Tell me of this knowledge
you know of me. I find it neat that
you claim to know so much of me.

Please tell me more.

Odinbrotherhood exists beyond the
net. If NORSKK is your answer and
you are called to that path then by
all means take it. I won't make **
little comments or remarks on you
personally.

Don't assume you know me or my
path little brother as I do not know
you or your path.

[edit: below included]

Instead of claiming to know the
answers or talk of your beliefs about
what you think of NORSKK, why don't
you question yourself? Don't worry about
my authenticity.

I know who I am. I have answered
my own questions. Are you strong
enough to peer within yourself or
give yourself unto yourself to seek
the answers only you can find?

Fly out to Iceland. Be with NORSKK.
Do what you have to do. This is your
journey. Reflect on your own path
instead of the journey's of others.

Hail Odin!

Bucky

Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm
Site Admin

Blodhrafn, I hope you really do not think that the Odin Brotherhood is an "Internet club."

Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:19 am

This forum is just a page on the internet, and none of us non-members know one another. The actual Brotherhood, well who am I to say? I've never met any of the organisation, and thus far have taken all I've seen at screen value. And that is fine as this forum is not the Brotherhood but simply a discussion ground for those not of the Brotherhood.

But just as that is the case, so this is as well: it is not I or anyone else's place to so insult an Icelandic group with a physical presence in Norway and Canada and even America by terming it an "internet club", particularly from the safety of a computer screen and vast distances in between, for such words are idle words and idle words speak ill of the mouth they issue from.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:24 pm

If you could understand that not all
Brotherhoods have a central location,
phone numbers or real identities like
masonic orders exist, you would truly
appreciate the value of the ODB.

Brotherhoods exist beyond internet
and even beyond knowing names &
faces. Secret societies sometimes
choose the face of mystery and use
it to it's fullest power.

Sometimes Initiations and Brotherhood
Oaths exist beyond this lifetime too..

Bucky

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm
Site Admin

Well said, Bucky.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:06 am

Blodhrafn wrote:
This forum is just a page on the internet, and none of us non-members know one another. The actual Brotherhood, well who am I to say? I've never met any of the organisation, and thus far have taken all I've seen at screen value. And that is fine as this forum is not the Brotherhood but simply a discussion ground for those not of the Brotherhood.

But just as that is the case, so this is as well: it is not I or anyone else's place to so insult an Icelandic group with a physical presence in Norway and Canada and even America by terming it an "internet club", particularly from the safety of a computer screen and vast distances in between, for such words are idle words and idle words speak ill of the mouth they issue from.

Very astute assessment.... Everyone is a master with Runes, or a berserker on the internet.

Most of the time, when interacting with keyboard Odinists in real life, they are found heavily wanting (and usually the 'berserkergangrs' cant walk a block without being winded).

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Hail,

I believe it says in the description of
the initiation, that the unworthy will
exclude themselves.

If this is a message board full of obese
video game playing nerds, they prevent
themselves from knowing the secrets
that exist beyond this forum.

I believe wisdom can only come from
within as Allfather teaches us. If you
hold a belief you know as truth then it
is yours. So embrace it.

If I am an "internet berzerker" that is
what I am too you. I know who I am.
I have answered my own questions.

I meditate on the ODB and have the
answers others seek. I am not a member.
However if this is an internet page to
fantasize, color me what you will.

Until then, find your own answers.

Bucky

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:07 pm

I am in agreement with Bucky.

Different people each have their own reasons for coming to this forum. For some it is a place to learn. Others come to share information. There are also those who use it a a means to fertilize their own fantasies. It can also serve as a tool to feel connected to something greater than oneself. Others may have different agenda, sometimes benign and sometimes not. Most of us have multiple reasons for being here and those who are discerning can find the truth behind the words, even in the instances where those two things do not match each other.

Very rarely do I take things at face value. I realize that there is always more to a person's story than they disclose so I leave room in my opinion of them to account for both the rest of the facts and the possibility that what I have learned may be a facade.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:43 am

Well said Tyrsman.

For each of us as an individual this
forum has a different meaning. What
we can personally take from it, to
ultimately strengthen ourselves and
to connect to our Ancestral Gods
I believe, is the most important thing.

We all walk different paths but hold
one thing true. That our Ancestral
faith be the backbone to what & who
we choose to be. For some that may
not be true. Ultimately this forum is
what it is and it's function is entirely
up to the individual's unique purpose.

The ODB exists. At least know of that.

Bucky

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:48 am

Hello all.

It has been a while since I have posted here, though I do come around and have a look from time to time.
I wanted to comment on some of the things posted here about the NØRSKK Order.
I understand that each has his or her own opinion and I support that.

Over the past year I have had considerable contact with members of NØRSKK. I would say that while for sure they do have some young, fiery men
as members these are not the only ones involved in this group. From what I understand there are a good number of men in this warrior tradition who come from various age groups and different walks of life. I am given to understand that a significant number of the core NØRSKK members are military veterans (serving or retired from service) whose goal is to help other pagan men find their way back to the old ways. I have been told that they don't expect that everyone will
want to do that or be capable of doing that. I certainly don't see anything wrong with that. Like the OB they are exclusive and it can be expected that not everyone will be worthy to join the Odin Brotherhood either.
From the contacts I have had with these guys I will say that I personally find them to be forthright, honest fellows who are doing their best to live life according to the old ways and not according to what many people today see as normal. These guys are the opposite of the political correctness movement and for that I admire them and their efforts.
I think the best way to learn about these guys or any other group is to go to the source. In doing that I have learned much. Its the same way I learned about the Odin Brotherhood.

So there you have my opinion on the matter. Everyone has their own thoughts on this subject of course.

Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:19 pm

Tahna, thanks for your message. I agree that I think there are some things that these boys can offer and as I have said before, I agree and understand their meaning in setting this up - to assist those who wish to follow the warrior path of the old ways - which you can read earlier in this thread. I have also looked at doing some of their 'online' courses (I am not in or near a country where they are physically) as I think that learning from different people who provide different aspects of one goal, is a good thing. They will have a different perspective and this is one of the first things I will be tackling in the new year. Thank you for your insight - I, for one, greatly appreciate it. Storm

Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next