View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Number Four (4) 

Hello brothers, I hope you are all doing very well. Forgive my absence, I'll explain in my previous thread when time and circumstance allows.

I just wanted to ask if any of you have a personal relationship with the number four. I won't go into details just yet because I don't want it to influence what you write. I'm posting this based solely on my intuition. I might be completely wrong, but I have a feeling that this number has a strong presence here. Thanks a lot, I will return very soon.

Addendum: If not number 4, what about 13, 31, 49 and 58?

Edit: And if you're reading this Tyrsman, congratulations to you!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:15 am

Galskap wrote:
Hello brothers, I hope you are all doing very well. Forgive my absence, I'll explain in my previous thread when time and circumstance allows.

I just wanted to ask if any of you have a personal relationship with the number four. I won't go into details just yet because I don't want it to influence what you write. I'm posting this based solely on my intuition. I might be completely wrong, but I have a feeling that this number has a strong presence here. Thanks a lot, I will return very soon.

Addendum: If not number 4, what about 13, 31, 49 and 58?

For me the number 4 ties into the number of seasons as well as the cardinal directions. There are also the main stages of human life - birth, childhood, adulthood, and death. There are other ways to arrive at 4 as a special number but none have any particular significance to me. Likewise, the other numbers you mention have not brought themselves to my attention for any reason. I am interested in the thoughts behind your question though and look forward to your reason for asking.

Galskap wrote:
And if you're reading this Tyrsman, congratulations to you!

Thank you my friend!

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:01 pm

In addition to the things Tyrsman mentioned; 4 is unusual that in the Western countries it has positive connotations and auspices, but to an Asian, is often avoided as a symbol of death since the sound for the number is very close to a word pronounced that means "bad death", especially to the Chinese.

Considering how horrifying some Asian religions after lives can be (making Christian hell look pleasant by comparison) I can see why people would avoid it.

In American folklore/superstition 4 is considered the first "stable" number and affiliated with the element Earth.

However, seeing as mechanically the triangle is the most stable shape, I see three as more elemental stable.

13 is just a number that is maligned by Christianity since that was the "officially accepted" number of apostles at the last supper. (No one cared when earlier scrolls discovered it was said to be 15 before the women were removed.)

On that account, Christian myth made the number unlucky for them, and none Christians embraced it as a number to ward off Christians. Heck, including me....as a teenager I played soccer/football as "13" or "15", and in track I was fortunate that #13 happened to be my size so I could claim it young. ;)

#31 was considered a counter - hex for Christian mystics for the alleged negatives of 13.

I see nothing in Odinism regarding anything other than 4 and all Tyrsman stated it entailed.

13/31 is more of a Stregheri/Strega/witchy sort of belief...and as a consequence, Crowley and many theistic Satanists place value on both numbers.

when I see #49, I always think "6x7".

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 am

I reduce 13 (1+3=4), 31 (3+1=4), 49 (4+9=13=4) and 58 (5+8=13=4) to four. Just to address Tyrienne immediately, I do not consider any Christian connotations with these numbers. I'm very aware of its value to different cultures and religions and I use the number in ways similar to working with runes. I do this with any number not extending beyond 9, and any number beyond 9 is reduced to it's 'primary value' (for a lack of better words). The only exception could be 13 in some cases. This practice is called Numerology, and I can't deny it's place in my life due to its extent. Let me elaborate;

As a child, the numbers of my address was 94, for example Odin Street 94 (9+4=13=4). Eventually I moved due to extraordinary circumstances, and the next address had the numbers 40. The next address I moved to had the number 4. If you summarize my birth date then it ends in 31 (3+1=4). My first name has 4 letters, and my entire name has 13 letters. Under other circumstances, my 'assigned room' was always the fourth room in the corridor, or the 31st locker in the hallway. Nobody could ever convince me that this is a coincidence. I once met a healer under very 'coincidental' circumstances who tried to convince me that everything was hanging in a thread, along with other spiritual concepts. As a solid skeptic I considered this person to be delusional until the numbers were pointed out. I still do not agree with some of the other spiritual concepts, but I'm convinced that numerology is not a concept put forward by mundane people.
What does this have to do with my original statement regarding the number 4 having a strong presence? I believe that numbers "find each other".

I've researched the number for some years now along with 13 due to it's negative connotation with many cultures. I don't think it has a place in the realm of the Åsatru gods, but as a number representing foundation, life and death, the seasons, organisation etc, I thought it might have a place here. For me it's merely a tool I use. A fair warning though, discovering its potential for good also unlocks the possibility for destruction - mostly upon yourself.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 am

Hail,

You will notice whatever you choose to
notice within your perception of reality.
Personally, I have repeating numbers in
everything I do with numbers. Buying
things, bank balances, license plates etc.

I have taught myself to believe that those
repeating number combinations is a desired
thing. Since what we perceive as "exterior
reality" itself is moldable by your mind. You
will notice and experience whatever you
focus on.

If I focus on loving a certain type of vehicle
I will naturally notice this vehicle almost
everywhere and anywhere I go in my life.

It has no particular meaning other then what
I give it within my own personal belief of how
I choose to view the stimuli. So, be careful
with messing around with numbers, there is
such thing as 'numerology' however numbers
can trigger schizoid thought in some people.

Hail Brother hope this helps!
B
ucky

Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]