View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Dark Days, anyone? 

For anyone else here... has anyone else experienced deep, and unusually negative mental upset this week without an apparent source? Or increase of symptoms of regular ailments that one is generally used to without life - interference?

I rather thought the eclipse/moon would be Hati/Skol time.

Then again... that's not really encouraging when I think on it.

/I apologize if I seem to be rambling

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:26 am

Not a good week for me either. Storm

Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 pm

I've become accustomed to living in darkness, but I've found that makes the occasional ray of light truly spectacular.

Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:39 am

Tyrsman wrote:
I've become accustomed to living in darkness, but I've found that makes the occasional ray of light truly spectacular.

This also suits me very well as much dark you life may be makes the light even more bright

Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Tyrsman wrote:

No wonder Loki fears I'll "lose the ability to smile" via my closeness to Tyr...

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:54 am

Tyrienne wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

No wonder Loki fears I'll "lose the ability to smile" via my closeness to Tyr...

I think that is a very valid fear. Part of bearing Tyr's burden is the weight of responsibility. Going into almost every situation knowing that you will make the necessary sacrifice to ensure the just outcome, even if it goes against your personal desires, grows old.

Finding a balance between Tyr and Loki is not an easy feat, I have the utmost respect for you and the equilibrium you maintain. Have you ever considered that your relationship with Loki is meant to help you keep your balance as well as your sanity?

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Tyrienne wrote:
Tyrsman wrote:

I think that is a very valid fear. Part of bearing Tyr's burden is the weight of responsibility. Going into almost every situation knowing that you will make the necessary sacrifice to ensure the just outcome, even if it goes against your personal desires, grows old.

Finding a balance between Tyr and Loki is not an easy feat, I have the utmost respect for you and the equilibrium you maintain. Have you ever considered that your relationship with Loki is meant to help you keep your balance as well as your sanity?

Thank you for the vote of support!

Loki as a balance to keep me Sane....Ironic, no?

Yes... I was told that is indeed the case. A Lokean with no other patron is often capricious, unreliable, and easily offended if my interaction with "solid" Lokeans is normal....and Tyrsvolk are largely friendless by choice ignore offense unless they caused it inadvertently (to remedy), and tend to bring dignity to any gathering and witness all Oaths.

Tyr is the reason I have a largely positive reputation as one who is close to Loki as well- Loki is the reason I maintain friendships and retain the ability to amuse others and speak eloquently. Tyr speaks in action, Loki uses words. I use both.

The difficulty in balance is knowing that Gods have problems, make mistakes, and feud. Even though I thought I resolved an issue between Loki and Tyr, I can tell there is still some "residual" resentment on Loki's end regarding sacrifices Tyr asked of me that He felt went "too far".

A month ago I gave my tattoo artist a watercolor of Loki to finish off a sleeve- she said it was "impossible".
In trying to figure out how to remedy a situation where both Gods were at odds- and received apology from Tyr- it was indicated that most of my tattoos are Loki-based, and I was given the gift of what Tyr wanted.

I sketched it out on my arm incorporating the existing tattoos I have with marker and immediately showered, what stayed was the essence of what I drew and an elimination of error.

When I sent the pic to the artist, however, the sketch on my arm looked like Tyr was sitting on a giant penis because of the angle of the photograph....
...and THAT is when she said, "I am almost finished the sketch for the Loki tattoo you wanted, though!"

Before Tyr, Woten was my balance. Woten is needed more for everyone; Tyr has more time since He interacts with less Odinists than most directly.

Loki is a net-worker, Tyr a seclusionist.

Loki has been a God of many forms....Tyr has lived and died mortal as God-King in what is now called Germany at least three times in history (according to my friends in Germany who have the books en Dietsch)...

They are almost two different "types" of entity- but yet, both are Jotunr. I would think they would have more in common.

I also keep "forgetting" that Asgard is not a place of nothing but happy, shiny people holding hands.... I'm sure even Frigg curses Odin at times.

Our Gods are real, they are the essence of humanity and choose to walk among us. However, when they feud I am honestly confused as to how to handle it.

Between Loki and Tyr- Woten is too close to both. I went to Freyr/Janis instead.

He laughed and offered me a beer. O.o

I don't know if I will ever fully understand why the Gods care deeply for mortals except to make us like they are- otherwise, humanity is a race of mayflies.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:03 am

Tyrsman wrote:

Thank you for the vote of support!

Yes... I was told that is indeed the case. A Lokean with no other patron is often capricious, unreliable, and easily offended if my interaction with "solid" Lokeans is normal....and Tyrsvolk are largely friendless by choice ignore offense unless they caused it inadvertently (to remedy), and tend to bring dignity to any gathering and witness all Oaths...a 100% Tyrsvolk at a gathering?

There is going to be some "Oathing" that will either be stopped or is so important it must be Witnessed and maintained.

Tyr is the reason I have a largely positive reputation as one who is close to Loki as well- Loki is the reason I maintain friendships and retain the ability to amuse others and speak eloquently. Tyr speaks in action, Loki uses words. I use both.

The difficulty in balance is knowing that Gods have problems, make mistakes, and feud. Even though I thought I resolved an issue between Loki and Tyr, I can tell there is still some "residual" resentment on Loki's end regarding sacrifices Tyr asked of me that He felt went "too far".

A month ago I gave my tattoo artist a watercolor of Loki to finish off a sleeve- she said it was "impossible".
In trying to figure out how to remedy a situation where both Gods were at odds- and received apology from Tyr- it was indicated that most of my tattoos are Loki-based, and I was given the gift of what Tyr wanted.

I sketched it out on my arm incorporating the existing tattoos I have with marker and immediately showered, what stayed was the essence of what I drew and an elimination of error.

When I sent the pic to the artist, however, the sketch on my arm looked like Tyr was sitting on a giant penis because of the angle of the photograph....
...and THAT is when she said, "I am almost finished the sketch for the Loki tattoo you wanted, though!"

Before Tyr, Woten was my balance. Woten is needed more for everyone; Tyr has more time since He interacts with less Odinists than most directly.

Loki is a net-worker, Tyr a seclusionist.

Loki has been a God of many forms....Tyr has lived and died mortal as God-King in what is now called Germany at least three times in history (according to my friends in Germany who have the books en Dietsch)...

They are almost two different "types" of entity- but yet, both are Jotunr. I would think they would have more in common.

I also keep "forgetting" that Asgard is not a place of nothing but happy, shiny people holding hands.... I'm sure even Frigg curses Odin at times.

Our Gods are real, they are the essence of humanity and choose to walk among us. However, when they feud I am honestly confused as to how to handle it.

Between Loki and Tyr- Woten is too close to both. I went to Freyr/Janis instead.

I don't know if I will ever fully understand why the Gods care deeply for mortals except to make us like they are- otherwise, humanity is a race of mayflies.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:07 am

Tyrienne wrote:
The irony is absolutely beautiful. It makes such perfect sense I can't believe I've never considered it.

Tyrienne wrote:
Tyrsvolk are largely friendless by choice ignore offense unless they caused it inadvertently
Thank you so much for validating this for me! I had attributed this being a Capricorn but felt there was something else involved as well. I have quite a few associates that I am on friendly terms with but none that I would consider a good friend.

Tyrienne wrote:
I have always been under the impression that Tyr was fostered by Hymir and that He is half Jotun. I would appreciate hearing your insight on this.

Tyrienne wrote:
I can't say that I've had any experiences with Freyr but that is exactly the top of reaction that I would expect in that situation - I have a feeling he does a lot of eye rolling when dealing with that particular grouping.

Tyrienne wrote:
I flyfish so I'm something of an amateur entomologist and I can verify that some insects are much more interesting than others. Perhaps where we just see generic humans They see the various factors that make some people worth seeking out.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:44 am

I was under the impression that Tyr was the progeny of a female fire Jotun from Musphelheim and a male frost Jotun from Jotunheim- from which He chose to estrange Himself and sacrifice family ties to be Oath-God of the Aesir.

In history, worship of Tyr predates any mention of Odin by several thousand years with the earliest mentioning being in 6000 BC according to Wikipedia.

He was once known as "Wolf Prince" and his Fylgia were wolves and black eagles that are now extinct. (which would explain ONE reason for not-smiling.)

My information came from a program I had access to in college called J*Stor from which I could read the papers of other academics... J*Stor I believe is now public access- but even if not, can be accessed from many libraries, especially university or college libraries.

....Entirely unrelated, I ended up researching this while looking up the correlations between Idunna and Eris Discordia- of which there are many. Discordianism was/might still be "trendy" among Academic Theologians.
(My thoughts are the "Southern Giants" Idunna was ransomed to were the Greek pantheon...and without Bragi, she becomes Mad in every conceivable definition. But that's just my UPG/opinion- some concur entirely, some violently object)

Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:56 am

To address the original topic, I experienced extreme upheaval in the same time frame. I always experience upheaval, but those were the days I could not sleep as I wrote in another thread.

Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]