View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Computer died 

Please forgive any gross spelling mistakes, I have only been able to access the Internet very uncomfortably via a cellphone not really designed for this.

The new (refurbished) machine arrives tomorrow. I apologize to those who tagged me in threads for my days - late replies...and I am hoping for an easy transition from the old hard drive to the new with a minimum of bloatware to uninstall, no defects in the new machine, and finding a Linux that my spouse can use easily without resorting to Ubuntu.

This is the most entirely non-Odinist post I've written, that's no good. Correction:

I was accepted to contribute an article on Loki as a forward to a book. The old laptop died, so I said, "If you want me to write this, I need help."

We got a disturbing letter in the mail the next day indicating we owed $900 in a mortgage error. My spouse panicked immediately and took out a small loan. The debt was invalid, the loan paid off the rest of our moving expenses, our fridge is full, most other debts outside of our mortgage are now gone.

I ordered a refurbished Hp, and we just received a cheque from the mortgage company for over $150 for an entirely different error on their part and we are officially protected from any further additional money seeking parties vis a vis our mortgage.

Hail Loki!

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:55 am

Hail!

Sun May 01, 2016 3:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]