View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
False Morality/Fake Issues 

Is it just me, or has the world gone mad lately with defending morally reprehensible people?

I am tired of this Caitlyn Jenner thing- She was a terrible person as Bruce, changing gender doesn't suddenly erase past crimes or the fact that it's just another privileged celebrity.

There is no reason for the Kardasians to exist in a public sphere

There are people defending causes that make no difference in their own lives nor the lives of others- and frankly, it's really making me into a deep misanthrope.

We do not own a television, just the internet is a wealth of garbage for news. We are sending people back into war in Syria, and there are race-riots in the city next to my town... and all people can talk about is stupid celebrities.

Furthermore, my spouse was accused of "casting black magic" on his best friends' wife to "give her bad luck"...what is this, the 1700's?

Was the world always this insane, or am I just noticing it now? I feel so hostile.

I am thankful for this forum of like minded individuals. This seems to be an island of sanity in the midst of sea of banality.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 am

It is my belief that the majority of people will support something that makes them look better. If they can't manage to find a bigger train wreck they will find something to blow out of proportion. Then there are also the constant drama queens who have some deep seated psychological need to be the constant center of attention. Thes two character traits are often combined in certain individuals.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:51 am

Your partner was accussed of performing black magic? That really is the first time I've heard of that.

That really puts into perspective how easily Christians can revert back into Medieval Inquisition mode when it comes to polytheists.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:07 am

Blodhrafn wrote:
Your partner was accussed of performing black magic? That really is the first time I've heard of that.

That really puts into perspective how easily Christians can revert back into Medieval Inquisition mode when it comes to polytheists.

Probably not coming from a Christian, they don't tend to differentiate between types of magic, any magik is satanic to them.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:14 am

Three words; Cult of Entitlement.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Tyrsman wrote:
Blodhrafn wrote:

Probably not coming from a Christian, they don't tend to differentiate between types of magic, any magik is satanic to them.

Usually, it's local Odinists... this time, it was a fake Romani.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]