View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
A praise to you, my friends. 

Tyrsman. Norse Storm. "The Administrator". Blodhrafn. Tyrienne. I respect you deeply. There are others too on this board who I hold respect for, but specifically the ones mentioned here I recognize in a special manner. I will tattoo your usernames. On this I swear. For "The Administrator" (OdinBrotherhood), I cannot tattoo your username for obvious reasons. But send me a PM or otherwise comment on this thread if you want the place, you certainly deserve it - with the name of your choosing. If you do not comment, I will not as that will be your choice.

I will upload an image once it's done. It will be done after I've tattooed URUZ and a runic charm, and it may be months before I return to this thread. Thank you all, never forget ourselves.

Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:10 am

Galskap, that is a tremendous honor that you do. While a tattoo is an extremely personal symbol and only the bearer has any right to choose what they wear, I would ask for this one small concession - instead of my user name, honor Tyr by marking your skin with 3 Tiwas runes. The pattern does not matter, individual runes or a bind rune, whatever seems most appropriate to you.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:41 am

Galskap. I too am honoured by your proposition and feel humbled that you believe my words have helped you on your path. We are all students and we are also teachers. If the gods so wish I hope to share a feast and a drink with you one day. Stormr

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 am

Quote:
instead of my user name, honor Tyr by marking your skin with 3 Tiwas runes.

Interesting that you say that, I am soon having a Tiwaz rune that goes from the bottom of my back, up to the top and then the 'wings' symmetrically down towards my shoulderblades or whatever would make it most accurately as a Tiwaz rune. I will tattoo two Tiwaz runes under the wings of the primary Tiwaz rune, that was a great proposition, thank you.

Quote:
If the gods so wish I hope to share a feast and a drink with you one day.

That would be a glorious day.

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:28 pm

I agree with the Tiwaz runes... you will find they will hold their meaning better with time. I have a Tiwaz and an Os tattoo'd on my spine. Friends may come and go but the wisdom of the runes has lasted our people thousands of years.

I am honored and flattered by the thought, though!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 am

Tyrienne wrote:
I agree with the Tiwaz runes... you will find they will hold their meaning better with time. I have a Tiwaz and an Os tattoo'd on my spine. Friends may come and go but the wisdom of the runes has lasted our people thousands of years.

I am honored and flattered by the thought, though!

That's a good point. I've never like the idea of tattooing names, but symbols which represent the concepts and ideas that have a place deep within my heart and soul are the only images I will ever tattoo myself with.
When I was a kid, I always wanted to hear the story of how my grandfather got his tattoo, which happened to be a topless woman in a grass skirt. He got it in WWII while drunk. Next day when his commanding officer saw the tattoo of a naked lady, he was ordered to go put a skirt on her! Haha! Anyway, I told him that I wanted a tattoo just like his when I grew up, which I think alarmed him a bit, as he made me promise to never get a tattoo. A promise I could not uphold nor wanted to make. I must have been 7or 8. Can't really hold me to such a promise. Well, I never did get one just like his, but the five that I do have, although chosen for their own symbolic reasons, all remind me of him and how I wanted to be just like him.
Getting a single rune tattooed, which may also remind one of someone who has been an inspiration is very good idea, in my opinion. The runes have their own significance and meaning, which as tyrienne has said, hold their power better over time, and if it reminds you of certain qualities and virtues of an individual you hold in high regard, all the better.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 am

...Luckily, most of us here seem to each have a few runes we clearly prefer as individuals. We have quite a few people here I think of as "Uruz" or "Ansuz".

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]