View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Current Events — a modern day witch hunt? 

I just saw this article about the AFA being labelled a hate group and the impact this move will have on military. I don't know much about the AFA, so have no opinion, but the reason this article caught my attention is due to a major push in Germany to weed out all "right wing extremists" out of the German military. The thing is, what is being labeled extremist these days was only 10-20 years ago considered normal and sound political and social views, so I'm really thinking this is a witch hunt in all but name. To see something so similar suddenly being undertaken in the States at about the same time just doesn't seem like a random coincidence, but more likely part of a much bigger plan. It wouldn't be so easy to oppress people in the States for being right wing conservatives, so they have to go the "white supremacist" route.

Anyone here have any experience of the AFA? Are they really all that they are accused of being, or is this a case of political correctness silencing the opposition? I note how in the article, they go on to add that those affiliated with groups like the troth have nothing to worry about. I do know that the troth has leanings that are a little too "progressive" for my taste.

http://www.heathenhof.com/department-of ... ate-group/

Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 pm

The information released is inaccurate- the AFA released a statement that they contacted the highest level of those who make decisions about the "hate group" designation and it turned out the article posted, was indeed, a witch hunt.

I have had experience with both organizations- I belong to neither presently, but in this case it is definitely a case of snowflake induced censorship.

Fri May 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Not affiliated here either but I'd wager a bet that the xians got butt hurt that another religious view point was encroaching on their membership pool....

Sat May 27, 2017 4:37 am

I erased my earlier response because, well, I was ranting. To answer Fand's question about the AFA: I personally believe that the organization is being given a harder time than it deserves. I have known the AFA for quite a while; longer than my brief affiliation with this forum. I have met good people who would give the shirts off their back to help anyone in need, and admittedly the occasional nutter, but the foundation of the AFA is not mischievous. The witch hunt in question seems to have been perpetrated by the Pagan community, not by Christians. Matt Flavel posted a response on the Facebook page (which I have seen reposted since then) and it might be worth checking out if you are interested in following up.
r

Last edited by RedSon on Sun May 28, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 28, 2017 3:14 am

On a related note, the witch hunt is definitely happening:
https://www.revealnews.org/article/an-a ... ist-jihad/
Interestingly enough, and to the point, this article unsuccessfully tries to argue that Odinism is more likely to produce terrorists than Islam. The real problem is embedded in this quote from the article itself:
A 2015 poll of law enforcement officers from across the country found that U.S. agencies “consider anti-government violent extremists, not radicalized Muslims, to be the most severe threat of political violence that they face.”
For brevity, it might be best to consider that the citation above argues that political ideology is easily divorced from philosophic justifications and only the former matters.
r

Sun May 28, 2017 3:45 am

Interesting. Thanks tyrrienne, red son. I'm not on Facebook, so don't think I can view anything there. I'm starting to see a trend from the pagan community of joining the ranks of the politically correct, sjw Marxists. Seems like it's only getting worse.
Actions speak loader than words, and for all their talk of peace, love and tolerance, I see mainly acts of hostility and violence committed against those groups and individuals who don't conform. I'll spare you the rant, since we all see through this charade clearly enough.

Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 am

There is indeed a witch hunt going on. I'm fairly certain that all of us know that.

And I know that this forum is dedicated to discussion of the Odin Brotherhood and paganism but we'd be foolish to consider that this witch hunt is only focused on paganism.

Christians are targeted just as much, if not more these days.

The European world is under attack, as it has always been, the difference is that today it has no sense of itself. And anyone promoting that self awareness, that which separates Europeans from non Europeans, is deemed a threat from its own people. Midgard's walls have been torn down by its own people. Chaotic forces are rushing in to the open arms of the useful idiots.

Has Heimdall already blown his horn? Have only a few of us heard the call?

I don't know.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Felman wrote:
There is indeed a witch hunt going on. I'm fairly certain that all of us know that.

And I know that this forum is dedicated to discussion of the Odin Brotherhood and paganism but we'd be foolish to consider that this witch hunt is only focused on paganism.

Christians are targeted just as much, if not more these days.

The European world is under attack, as it has always been, the difference is that today it has no sense of itself. And anyone promoting that self awareness, that which separates Europeans from non Europeans, is deemed a threat from its own people. Midgard's walls have been torn down by its own people. Chaotic forces are rushing in to the open arms of the useful idiots.

Has Heimdall already blown his horn? Have only a few of us heard the call?

I don't know.

The 'awakening' began in a vengeance several years ago - perhaps Heimdall has indeed blown his horn - and perhaps this is the beginning ... Stormr

Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Felman, I completely agree.

Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 am

I feel our kind need to be sorted and I am neither pleased to see such compassion wasted on ignorance. I grow weary for those who serve and cannot channel their racism to more poignant genetic research. All life is valuable, those who disagree may remain on the opposite side of the river - as the camp around them grows in the name of the burning eyed.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:15 am

Felman wrote:
Christians are targeted just as much, if not more these days

Hold the brakes there, Christians run this nation (into the ground)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:39 am

Baleyg- I agree that people identifying as Christians are the most numerous in the U.S. but I don't agree that they are the ones running this country. There are much more pernicious groups in control of the major cultural/societal institutions who mask themselves. I'm not sure how your responses addressed the question of a modern day witch hunt. Can you elaborate?

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm

As much as I detest Christianity, I firmly support freedom of religion, and that must include even religions I dislike. The moment we start picking and choosing which religions are to be protected under freedom of religion is the moment that this freedom dies. However, that does not mean that a person or group gets the free pass to do whatever they please in the name of religion. All must respect other people's rights in a civilized society. So, as long as Christians mind their own business and practice their religion in a respectful manner, I will not antagonise them.
I try to be objective, and my observations have revealed a growing trend to target Christians heavily these days, at least in the states. Sometimes, the Christians are just asking for it with their in your face bad manners, and ranting on street corners, etc. But at other times, they are quite simply the victims of intolerance for no justifiable reason.
But I do not point this out to downplay the very real witch hunt against Odinists. Funny, how there are really a lot of similarities between the Gaelic spirituality and the Northern, yet, it is predominantly those European descendants who have taken the Ásatrú path who are vilified, and not those of the Celtic persuasion. Both hailed from prominent warrior cultures. Both revered the strong, warrior gods and goddesses. When you get down to it, I really don't see a whole lot of difference in the core values as preserved in the remaining lore. Both were folkish, essentially. That is the nature of tribalism, and I really don't see that as a fault. Rather, I see tribalism as the ultimate model for developing healthy communities. I'd love to see a modern tribalism develop in the midst of this fast paced world. Clearly, we can't turn back the clock, or change the tides, but we could at least, aim to reestablish some grounded community based values, try to bring a little honour back into the world.
But all the worthy goals many of us might have become increasingly difficult when very influential organisations label all our efforts as being racist, intolerant, violent, etc, etc.
There has got to be something proactive we can do to combat this. (I don't mean anything violent or abrasive. I have no desire to stoop to the level of the provocateurs.)

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]