View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Simple Runic Divination 

What are the dangers of blank runes, and do they nullify a set if they are included with one?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:11 pm

sacredhaven679 wrote:
What are the dangers of blank runes, and do they nullify a set if they are included with one?

No, nothing of the sort. A blank rune is new age fluff and indicates the author's frame of mind. If you obtain a rune set with a blank rune simply set it aside.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:51 pm

I am not very well versed in the runes, but I prefer the Elder Futhark. I would not want a "Yes or No" answer to a question as some do, I wish for a more complex answer that I must discover the true meaning of myself. though this would be frustrating at times, I believe that a more meaningful deeper answer is the way to go.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 pm

(I'm going to be on a lot of old forums today since I finally have some free time)

While my preferred method of divination is Seidr, I do love the runes as well. I do two methods. The first method is the toss method, where you just read where they land. My second favorite method is the one Freya Aswynn uses. here is a link to her doing a reading for someone https://youtu.be/mirwdzr1Fqs

I made my runes (I have a now barely visible scar on my chest from getting the blood for them) although I have been considering making or buying a new set recently from a woman who makes particularly nice rune sets. I am not very artistically talented, and while making them is preferred, my personal opinion is that if you have no love or even negative emotions for your tools they won't be good tools to use.

The blank rune upsets me for some reason. I don't know why people ever include it.

(make sure to check out the youtube link. Freya Aswynn is pretty cool imo, despite her being wicca-tru I believe)

-Vitki

Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Concerning the Blank Rune.

The Merchant from whom I bought my runes included a Blank one.

Why? If I was to lose one, I could replicate the character on the blank and not need to buy a new set!

Helpful.

Wed May 27, 2015 5:33 am

Just don't use it in any actual readings

Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2