View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Recommendations for places of solitude in Nature 

I love seeking soltitude in Nature. In my many travels I've been to some amazing places all over Midgard, but there are many more places on Earth that I haven't been. That's why I look forward to your recommendations. Suggest places where you have found soltitude in Nature.

Last edited by Einherjar on Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:33 am

Strangely, I find solitude walking the roads in my neighborhood. At first, all I saw was the 'burb, but slowly I trained myself to listen and feel what is beautiful, wild, and natural and to filter out what was artificial.

Man thinks he can conquer nature, but he can only costume it.

Even in the deepest concrete jungle, the elements will still prevail.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:30 am

Skogkatt wrote:
Strangely, I find solitude walking the roads in my neighborhood. At first, all I saw was the 'burb, but slowly I trained myself to listen and feel what is beautiful, wild, and natural and to filter out what was artificial.

I know what you mean and it's certainly another way to find soltitude. But in my philosophy big cities are the concetration camps of Abrahamism. They are jails where you condemn yourself to years of servitude for the sake of many different things: From simple comforts, such as a roof over your head, to more elaborate comforst such as owning and leasing roofs to others.

Living on your land and within a small community is the only acceptable way of living for me.

Quote:
Man thinks he can conquer nature, but he can only costume it.

I certainly don't think that a man can conquer the Nature, that was never my point. The Nature is our home, it can provide us with everything we need. I'm of the firm beileve that the brave and the wise should unshackle themselves by abandoning cities.

Quote:
Even in the deepest concrete jungle, the elements will still prevail.

Just because a flower grew between the cracks of the concrete slabs in the jail's yard doesn't change the fact that it's still a jail.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:39 am

Einherjar, you misunderstand me.

I meant something far more powerful and far less benign than a flower growing through a crack in the concrete. What I was alluding to is that people who live in cities (especially larger ones) tend to have this strange and false sense that they are protected from nature, when they certainly aren't. I have heard a city-dweller or two boastfully say that tornadoes cannot hit cities.

I wonder, did they ever open a newspaper and read about Joplin, Missouri?

London and Chicago were devastated by fire-- and just a few weeks ago, Colorado Springs was evacuated because of fire. Close call.

New Orleans- Destroyed by Hurrican Katrina, and still not fully recovered 7 years later.

Los Angeles, Port Au Prince, Sendai, Santiago- Earthquakes.

Many, many others I am leaving out, and many others will be destroyed in the future, probably with great loss of human life, because the sheep are complacent and ignorant.

So I am actually agreeing with you here. Just because I allude to my suburb doesn't mean I actually live near a large city. In fact, I would dislike that very much.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Skogkatt, understood, my friend.

Skogkatt wrote:
...because the sheep are complacent and ignorant.

They sure are, and you captured it very well. But from our perspective it's their problem, let them be sheep. Most of them are happy to be sheep anyway because that's what their god, the "good shepherd", wants them to be.

Christians are the white sheep, but beware for even the white sheep can bite. Just like their co-religionists of the mohammedan variety, which are the black sheep. And of course let's not forget the chosen sheep for they are ahead of the mob.

Thor's Mjölnir will destroy them all!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 am

Quote:

...or rather we, his warriors, will. It is quite apparent that the next great war will be a religious one. The cultures you described are antagonistic by nature. My greatest wish is to stay alive and hale long enough to take part in the war that will follow.

Skogkatt, I also agree with what you said. Not very long ago I shared a similar conversation with my Mother. I remarked to her how many of those born in this century take culture with a seriousness that would normally be reserved for nature. She replied: 'Yes, and any natural catastrophe shows just how much their ridiculous notions are worth.'

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 am

TiwazThurisaz wrote:
Quote:

...or rather we, his warriors, will. It is quite apparent that the next great war will be a religious one. The cultures you described are antagonistic by nature. My greatest wish is to stay alive and hale long enough to take part in the war that will follow.

Absolutely, brother. I have the same wish as you.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:06 am

Skogkatt wrote:

London and Chicago were devastated by fire-- and just a few weeks ago, Colorado Springs was evacuated because of fire. Close call.

Indeed. The Stargate complex at Cheyenne Mountain complex is not far from there ;-)

C

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Being out on the water somewhere is nice and relaxing

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 am

Follow the logging roads in the Sierra Nevadas (particularly in the northern Sierra) until they run out of road. Then set out on foot until you find a spring-fed creek. Careful you don't run into a cartel garden, unless you're hankering for a fight.

The redwoods on the other side of California are equally as peaceful and meditative, but have a completely different vibe.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 pm

SolDia,

I drove past these areas so many times, yet I never thought about venturing into Sierra Nevadas, but I’m going to do it next time.

Thanks for the tip.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am

Einherjar, I'd be happy to give you specific places to go if you know what part of the Sierras you'd be venturing near. There are many different areas with "secret" ways in that I'd be happy to share, depending on which highway you're starting from.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 pm

SolDia wrote:
Einherjar, I'd be happy to give you specific places to go if you know what part of the Sierras you'd be venturing near. There are many different areas with "secret" ways in that I'd be happy to share, depending on which highway you're starting from.

SolDia, thank you!
I'll message you once I'm ready to go.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Wyoming ditch creek camp grounds but lots of woods amazingly beautiful

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 am

seeking solitude is a great passion for me, i love to be totally alone in a natural environment. i normally find a dense woodland or forest. there i sit and think about things. another good way to find peace i find is to go for a long walk in the rain

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:44 pm

There are special groves, or "pockets" in nature that I feel gods tend to favor. I sometimes feel that "Portals", or "doorways" may also be present.

The best way of finding them is to go out, alone, and just wander around. If a spot feels "right" to you, take it. If it doesnt, ignore it.

And pay attention to your instincts and dreams. You may have found one, and just not be making yourself aware of it.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 am

I am lucky enough to work as a commercial diver for a living. At the start of every shift I speak an invocation to Njord for allowing me into His kingdom and ask for safe passage . I thank Odin for allowing me to work for my Faith,Folk and Family under His skies. Then enjoy the complete solitude and silence beneath the waves where I am able to spend the time in contemplation and closeness with my Gods and Guardians. Strangely I always sense more of a closeness during my night shifts than during the day.....?
It truly is a sacred and treasured time for me............in Frith always

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:32 am

I've found that when you are lucky enough to have visible ray of light peering through the clouds - made visible to the eye by nature's air, dust, dirt, etc - that is a wonderful place for solitude and being present to your world. Maybe being WITH your world is a better description.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 pm

the best place i find is a forest or river that runs on the outskirts of a small town. i dont know why, it just seems to have a nice feel to it. im a bit of a wanderer, so i spend a lot of my time in forests or following rivers and creeks just to see where they lead

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:55 pm

Forests and rivers are great places but living in "the concrete jungle " does make it hard to really appreciated nature , especially near a bloody airport.
When I get a chance to meet my friends near the coast I always sit for hours looking out to the sea watching the waves in a nice secluded spot , that and sitting next to a fire watching the flames dance .
If you ever get to England then perhaps the lake district. Soooooo nice.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next