View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Recommendations for places of solitude in Nature 

Skogkatt wrote:
Strangely, I find solitude walking the roads in my neighborhood. At first, all I saw was the 'burb, but slowly I trained myself to listen and feel what is beautiful, wild, and natural and to filter out what was artificial.

I've trained myself to do this as well ... it's amazing just how prevalent and powerful nature is, even amidst the concrete jungle. I find I do it a lot in the mornings en-route to work, it helps me cope with the energies of the people around me. I also go a bit out of my way to work, in order to pass by a large pond with trees and wildlife ... when I can stop, I do ... even if it's for a few minutes, but just passing by and taking it in, is such a boost. :)

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:49 am

Nature is patient, for she knows she can always reclaim an area of the earth if she wishes. {{{winks}}}

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 pm

I also like rivers, woods, hills and mountains a lot, unfortunately I live in one of the most dense populated regions on earth and it's not easy to find a place without concrete in my neighbourhood but during my trips in northern Scandinavia I enjoyed it very much.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:01 pm

thunaraz wrote:
I also like rivers, woods, hills and mountains a lot, unfortunately I live in one of the most dense populated regions on earth and it's not easy to find a place without concrete in my neighbourhood but during my trips in northern Scandinavia I enjoyed it very much.

I was in Scandinavia this past summer, especially loved the countryside in Norway. I never wanted to be inside, didn't want to miss a moment of it. Taking the ferry along the Sognefjord was amazing, the feel of the air, the smell, the sound of the water and of course the view ... and imagining ancestors who'd traveled the fjord so long ago :) If you don't mind me asking, what area of Scandinavia were you in? Completely understand if you prefer your privacy.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Odinsdatter wrote:
thunaraz wrote:

I was in Scandinavia this past summer, especially loved the countryside in Norway. I never wanted to be inside, didn't want to miss a moment of it. Taking the ferry along the Sognefjord was amazing, the feel of the air, the smell, the sound of the water and of course the view ... and imagining ancestors who'd traveled the fjord so long ago :) If you don't mind me asking, what area of Scandinavia were you in? Completely understand if you prefer your privacy.

The northern part of Norway: Finnmark and Troms, north of Finland (Inari region), Almost half of Sweden (Goteborg, Malmo, Stockholm, Upssala and the Vigrid plain), Ostersund, and a lot of the inland just till the Vanern lake, Denmark (the complete country) and south eastern Iceland.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Quote:
The northern part of Norway: Finnmark and Troms, north of Finland (Inari region), Almost half of Sweden (Goteborg, Malmo, Stockholm, Upssala and the Vigrid plain), Ostersund, and a lot of the inland just till the Vanern lake, Denmark (the complete country) and south eastern Iceland.

Thank you so much for sharing thunaraz. I've mapped the places you've mentioned, that is quite a bit of territory to travel ... and to see the very North like that, not to mention Iceland, words are inadequate to convey just how beautiful that experience must have been.

Last edited by Odinsdatter on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:07 am

I plan on visiting Europe in the near future and I think the Faroe Islands is where I might also undergo the sojourn if all goes to plan

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2