View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Man made lightening ? 

I felt very impressed to move to a new area this fall. It's beautiful natural surroundings and impact it has on the way I feel. There are more pagans there than where I am and more open mindedness. I would be more comfortable and connected.
But this Summer, Much of that area has been consummed by fire and it continues to burn. One of my friends that knows I'm pagan, suggested maybe it burnt down because my God (Thor) didn't want me to move there. It was started by rainless lightening storms. I retorted that my Gods would not do such a thing. (I thought perhaps it was their God set it afire.) If mine didn't want me to move, they'd just tell me. But it does douse my inner fire a bit. I'm very saddened by the loss of flora and fauna of the area and can not bare to see it as yet. The wildfires continue to spread. I can not see myself leaving til spring. I am somewhat confused. Why our Gods allow such a thing to continue? Thor would not bring only lightening and no rain. I wonder if it was man made. Any thoughts?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Fires of this nature are part of the natural cycle. Although they have been made worse by man's interference Government mismanagement of logging and grazing lead to the accumulation of fuel. This results in natural fires, which are normally small and cleansing becoming much more intense and much more devastating.

I would recommend moving to the area. You can start anew as does the land around you.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 am

Thanks, Tyrsman. That makes sence. I lived along forests as a child and my grandfather and the others in the area always maintained the fire break roads really well. Nothing ever happened there that wasnt easily contained because of that. And they were great bike and snowmobile trails.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:34 pm

Not even a month ago a storm came through and ravished my yard. It threw my trampoline across the neighborhood, scattering and damaging the pieces. It knocked over and damaged our chicken coop as well. While I was looking at everything that was destroyed, I was frustrated, and wondered what sense I could make out of it. My wife told me it was our sacrifice. Our four children and all of our chickens and animals survived the same storm that damaged our property. The Gods fight for us, and for our world, and sometimes that means a sacrifice. Something must have gotten in the way, and there's no way of knowing for sure what the Gods were protecting you from. I'm glad you've chosen to stay and I wish you the best.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:39 am

Thanks, Redson. It really is a true way to think. I've felt that impression as well. Now and in the past. I could've left earlier this year and ended up in the middle of it. My son was to go ahead of me even and he changed his mind at last minute and told me not to go till later, which I'm grateful for. I know he would've stayed to fight fires. I could've lost him. My sons are fearless. They seem to know no bounds. Even as children, always impressed me and yet angered me with their stubborness. I don't know how they have survived but by the grace of gods and ancestors, as have I. My grandfather was same way. We will go up in the spring.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]