View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Police and other Justice Bringers 

Hail! I am seeking some assistance and ideas on how to better verbally combat the unearned contempt and disrespect I see happening in the USA currently regarding our police and military.

I wish I could get people to understand that the majority of people in these services actually hold themselves to a HIGHER moral standard than most other people, and most, if Odinist, would likely instantly get a Valkyrie's kiss if they perish in line of duty. I spent years working to be a police officer myself and I always failed at sounding "authoritative". Eventually, I gave up and entered diplomacy instead. I feel like I NEED to write about this on my blog. I have an awesome readership in number that rather astounds me of several hundred people. I have the realization that behind each screenname, a person, and that 200 people is 200, thinking, breathing, people reading my work at minimum.

I feel like I have an excellent platform with which to promote great justice and honor to the Gods. I feel like the fact Loki lead me directly into diplomacy training while I was in seminary for world religions and Tyr has been the one to heal me from the mental scars every aspect of that sort of education entails back to a functional, able-minded human again- that my blog is a responsibility.

In my mind, I imagine at least a few of you laughing your asses off. That's cool too. The problem is, I'm public and I am actually one of the only active Odinist Clergy with college degrees and certifications to back me up. No matter how many Asatruar hate me, they cannot take away my education no matter how much they may not agree with me in certain issues, I believe we all can agree that we Defend Our Warriors.

Even though my ancestry is via a country with no successful warriors (Latvia), the flag is still stained with the blood of the general who ALMOST won. It's not war mongering, we're protective. The very best of our Odinist are called into military, police, and other civil services where the pay is low and the appreciation even lower. Just for the sake of Honor. That's f'n amazing to me.

I just don't know what it is like to be a police officer. I am 33 years old and broken from trying to be a diplomat- and too mentally weak to survive even a single, short interrogation without complete mental disintegration. I know police officers who fantasize of leaving their "blue collar hell" to be an author free from distraction. I sometimes wish I could have worn blue. I aced both the written and the physical exams. Always choked on the interviews.

It was a dark night of the soul without the Gods in it- and me trying to earn back their attention. I've never told anyone this before. I am EXTREMELY biased on behalf of voluntary subjection of self to harm to save the masses. I don't know how to explain the difference between bloodthirst and sacrifice.

I've never experienced it.

I suppose, what I am asking is what is the official, Odinist stance (or your personal stance) on the roles of Justice Keepers (with the acknowledgement that not all are honorable or worthy) But how best can I describe the point of view of our zeitgeist?

Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:45 am

I want to participate in this discussion but must wait until I have more time.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:07 pm

I'll offer an educated reason why Ásatrúar do not need a standing police force. And it is simple: a man handles his own justice. Scandinavian pagan law didn't authorise a police force. In those times, it would give too much power to a Konungr and as we all know, when a Jarl or Konungr pushed the freedmen pushed right back.

Police brutality, cop hate, all that is simply the baggage that comes with a standing police force. The same issues happen in every other country. That isn't what I'm debating.

When it comes down to it, a man insults you, you punch him in the face. Fairly gentle compared to pre-Christian times when lethal force may have been involved. And the problem gets solved, people will cross other peoples boundaries and sometimes words don't solve anything. You demonstrate that some boundaries can't be crossed and everything goes back to normal. I've walked away from fights laughing with the other guy. That is how it works, or how it is supposed to work.

A police officer, well that immediately throws a wrench in that practise. A police officer is having a bad day, like anybody else, stops you on the street or visits your house for whatever reason and lets his/her general agitation show. As a man, you can't tolerate anybody treating you as less than an equal or crossing those personal boundaries. But you can't do anything about it either without serious trouble coming down on you. And that is where it violates the idea of a man or woman maintaining his/her honour which is tantamount to Ásatrú life. They can't maintain it because by law and practice, police officers are untouchable.

Of course, this is desirable for any King or President. If they could get away with that in those times, they would have. And I'm sure they tried. Unfortunately for them, it wasn't tolerated. But Christians successfully got away with it, because they place a higher value on obedience than independence and reputation.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:20 am

Here's my gift of wisdom gained through experience.

Police are cowards, weak, and abuse power. They
are thirsty to oppress and hurt others in whatever
way they can. I have been subjected to abuse from
pigs that some falsely believe are 'Warriors'. It is not
a fantasy or a metaphorical statement.

I have been driven out 15 miles into the bush by police
in -55 (below zero) in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans.

I have fought and beat down 5-6 man Jail SWAT teams
by myself over 30-40 times while completely naked in
a solitary confinement cell, laughing hysterically foaming
at the mouth. Ofcourse I always lost, but that didnt
matter. When I hit the unit I was the most feared and
respected guy on the block. A 20 year old fish. With NO
jail experience. I was the wolf. I was the king of the unit
my entire stay. Because I was not afraid of guards.

F*** the police. A REAL WARRIOR will defend what
he has to protect. Whether that be his dignity or
respect, wife, home, car whatever. People do not
mess with me, because I will quickly destroy them.

I will NOT call the police. I had a guy the size of
Brock Lesnar try robbing me when I lived in a room
the size of a jail cell, in a ghetto complex that is
the murder capital of my city. This steroid fool
ran from me and dialed 9-11.

Another time a young punk decided to kill me.
Confronted me with a knife and ran 2 street
blocks as I chased him. I was unarmed foaming at
the mouth ready to teach him about knives.

I DO NOT have to call the police. If someone
comes at me or anyone I love I will destroy
them with the same hate and aggression they
send at me. I embrace Algiz and slay them
with their own turmoil. Cops do get called
and I escape.

Another time I fought a punk high on meth
so this guy was indestructible. My older
neighbor who is a former outlaw had been
battling him in the parking lot when I arrived.

I didn't call the cops. I fought that punk.
I put him in the hospital. I never got charged.

If you need to call the police to handle your
battles you are weak. Sorry, not insulting
anyone indirectly no matter how harsh this
seems. Telling on a bully or expecting a 9-11
phone call is pathetic.

If you have to save your life the use a damn
weapon and ruthless battle. I have. That's what
I've done. If I would have called 9-11 I would
be dead or my friends would be dead. I was
chosen by Odin, I know that if I die in a battle
I will be taken personally by Allfather to Valhalla.

I am a Warrior. I don't need a badge to hide
behind. I DO NOT abuse others. I DO NOT
oppress others. In any way. I live a life based
on peace and kindness. If someone attempts
to oppress or hurt myself or someone I care
about then I will use violence as self defense.

If you are afraid of dying in a battle then I
heard the desert god is accepting new members.

Bucky

Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:37 am

My personal opinion:

Whoever protects those who cannot protect themselves should be saluted.

Those who abuse their authority are despicable.

Military and law enforcement personnel take an oath to protect and defend. Different individuals have their own different reasons for putting on the uniform and that is fine, those who keep their oath are to praised, those who break it should be scorned.

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:09 am

Tyrsman wrote:
My personal opinion:

Military and law enforcement personnel take an oath to protect and defend. Different individuals have their own different reasons for putting on the uniform and that is fine, those who keep their oath are to praised, those who break it should be scorned.

That is exactly my thought- I believe the honorable are in more danger now than ever because of the media circus surrounding the dishonorable.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:59 pm

My argument deals not with the honour of police officers. Perhaps compared to the average Christian, they are more honourable. Just as a soldier of the Crusades was much more honourable than any Christian peasant, and knights were the symbol of martial honour. Yet they were nonetheless the enemy of any "devil worshipping hea-then". That any would use the word hea-then is silly in itself, taking a foreign word to describe themselves.

I believe that the institution has no place in a society of brave men and women and thus should hold no value to any Ásatrúar. It violates the very notion of independence and freedom and reduces all to the status of slaves. I say this as none of us are free as the average Karlar was in Scandinavia and we are not free to challenge an officer of the law. An officer of the law is entirely exempt from challenge and is to be obeyed at all times. That simply will not do for any self-respecting person.

Personally I care little for how Christian enforcers deal with Christian þrællar, nor should any of us care whether or not Christian þrællar have an issue with their law enforcers. As we all know, they seek simply more rules for the institution rather than its abolition. But we are Ásatrúar and need no other to handle our justice nor do we cow and bow to anyone, not any king and not any president and certainly not the thugs who enforce their bidding.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Blodhrafn wrote:
Personally I care little for how Christian enforcers deal with Christian þrællar, nor should any of us care whether or not Christian þrællar have an issue with their law enforcers. As we all know, they seek simply more rules for the institution rather than its abolition. But we are Ásatrúar and need no other to handle our justice nor do we cow and bow to anyone, not any king and not any president and certainly not the thugs who enforce their bidding.

The problem stems from the fact that we must survive in an environment that is largely the result of their influence and is, for now at least, under their administration.

Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Like Tyrsman said, "the ones who act honourably should be praised."
Unfortunately, that is rare. Some of the best cops are the small town cops who just want to make sure their community is safe. Federal cops are traitorous cowardly dogs with college degrees.
Many laws are just designed to keep a leash on the populace or to bring in revenue for the state.
In my book there is honor and dishonor. There are things that are illegal that are not nescessarily dishonourable. There are also dishonorable things that are not illegal.
Somewhat unrelated: I was raised southron, when it comes to honour why should the police be involved when you could have a duel?

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 am

sweinodinsson wrote:
Like Tyrsman said, "the ones who act honourably should be praised."
Unfortunately, that is rare. Some of the best cops are the small town cops who just want to make sure their community is safe. Federal cops are traitorous cowardly dogs with college degrees.
Many laws are just designed to keep a leash on the populace or to bring in revenue for the state.
In my book there is honor and dishonor. There are things that are illegal that are not nescessarily dishonourable. There are also dishonorable things that are not illegal.
Somewhat unrelated: I was raised southron, when it comes to honour why should the police be involved when you could have a duel?

I am all for bringing back dueling.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:13 am

Fantastic, it is past time we started to follow the laws our kind set out before the Christians took power. And there is nothing really stopping us from once more engaging in Hólmganga. Although I would recommend hand-to-hand; whatever it was traditionally I do not see fellow Ásatrúar settling internal disputes through armed single combats for the time being. As Tyrsman said, we live in Christian-occupied territory and people getting seriously injured will be doubly persecuted for engaging in what they would call demonic-duels.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:06 am

Blodhrafn wrote:
Fantastic, it is past time we started to follow the laws our kind set out before the Christians took power. And there is nothing really stopping us from once more engaging in Hólmganga. Although I would recommend hand-to-hand; whatever it was traditionally I do not see fellow Ásatrúar settling internal disputes through armed single combats for the time being. As Tyrsman said, we live in Christian-occupied territory and people getting seriously injured will be doubly persecuted for engaging in what they would call demonic-duels.

I am also all for expressing our Freedom of Religion; they want a Christian nation? I can dream of an Odinist village in which to grow old and teach...

...Unless I get the chance to duel; there are people in my life I would gladly leave my life in the hands of the Gods to battle for the suffering they have caused without consequence.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:14 am

I was a law enforcement officer for 3 years. I saw bad cops and good cops, mostly good. Most of them put on the badge to serve their neighbors and protect those that cannot protect themselves. I served 3 years as a self instituted requirement upon my self. I wanted to serve my community before seeking to serve myself and a future family. I am sorry Bucky had such bad experiences with other officers. Cops are trained, to an extent, to profile those that appear outside the norm of society and then target those individuals. I cannot say I blame them, it's their job to enforce the laws and maintain the status quo, but I cannot say I agree with them now either. All I can say is that they put on a vest and a gun everyday to defend the community and help those that are in need. sometimes they can be ********, but look who they deal with day in and day out. I thank them for their service.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:52 am

Once I told a federal cop how all of them are *********. His reply was this: "Unfortunately, Cops are the same people they were before they put on the badge. If they were nice people who wanted to help others before they put on the badge, they now have more opportunities to do so. If they were ******** before they put on the badge, they also have more opportunities to be that way."
True.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:56 pm

Like some, I have had both good and bad experiences with the police. I once used to hunt with two policemen and at a later time found myself fishing with a group that included two retired police officers. I have had neighbors who were police officers and have known one or two local 'beat cops in areas where I have lived.

However that said I have also had some very nasty incidents with the police. I am what some might call a 'law aiding' citizen in my country. I have no criminal record and tend largely to be a person of the 'invisible background' in the community where I live. Yet I have had some very nasty and brutal encounters with some of these 'bad' cops.

I used to have morning coffee regularly with a city cop who lived in my neighborhood. He told me once that he was glad the time for his retirement was almost upon him. This because he was very disappointed with the caliber of young people they were letting into the force these days. I asked him why he felt that way and he said: "Not enough screening. Being an officer, it is an honor to serve, and should not be an opportunity for bullies with badges."

So yes, I have met quite a few police in my time. I would say that most are decent enough people.
Unfortunately its the bad ones who can cause the average citizen very grievous harm.

Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:53 am

Hail.

To those of you on this forum that have experience with law enforcement, I do offer you respect in the sense of being an Odinist person. I hope that my experiences and beliefs do not severely impact your idea of myself. I have experienced the worst that law enforcement has had to offer. During my 6 days of no food or water in solitary confinement, I cast a hardcore magick ritual spell that would lead to the deaths of two prison guards. Well, years later I had found out that my spell did indeed work and that a guard shot his guard wife in the face and then shot himself in the head. Their children found their corpses. It had something to do with the female guard giving sexual favors to inmates for money. The guard husband did what he did. LOL. They worked at the same prison during my experience. I get a good laugh from it. I hope to this day I am remembered by remaining prison staff as the 20 year old lunatic who was calling upon every demon in the prison including Satan himself to kill members of their guard family. It worked. I am happy and much stronger for the experience. No disrespect is ever intended towards any member of the ODB community. I know that not all men with power can be corrupted.

Bucky

Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:59 am

Tyrsman wrote:
My personal opinion:

I agree with this, I live in South Africa where there is a need for police and though we have many that abuse their position I've seen and met (one I know happens to share the same beliefs that many of us on this forum do) many who only do it to protect others.

Also I would add that the good ones here go out daily in areas seen as some of the most dangerous in the world for very little pay to keep others safe, that takes a lot of courage and deserves some respect.

Finally Tyrienne I don't know if you've posted a link to your blog here but I wouldn't mind taking a look at it

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:41 pm

War'heri wrote:
Finally Tyrienne I don't know if you've posted a link to your blog here but I wouldn't mind taking a look at it

She has indeed posted about her blog:

Tyrienne wrote:
Some of the things I post here I posted on my blog first. If you are interested, it is:

http://www.hailloki.wordpress.com

It was founded on an Oath I made to Tyr to improve the reputation of Loki in the larger Odinist community.

The only reason I am posting this is because a few of my current postings I copied and pasted directly from my blog and do not want to be kicked out at a plagiarist...

One cannot plagiarize themselves (as far as I am aware!)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:14 am

Tyrsman wrote:
War'heri wrote:

She has indeed posted about her blog:

Tyrienne wrote:
Some of the things I post here I posted on my blog first. If you are interested, it is:

http://www.hailloki.wordpress.com

It was founded on an Oath I made to Tyr to improve the reputation of Loki in the larger Odinist community.

The only reason I am posting this is because a few of my current postings I copied and pasted directly from my blog and do not want to be kicked out at a plagiarist...

One cannot plagiarize themselves (as far as I am aware!)

AH thanks will definitely have a good look

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 am

A man I respect has said that in his eyes the police are no longer the good guys. "They have in many cases become the thugs enforcing the will of the corrupt; of the corporate cartels.."

My friend's words might have been seen as absurd twenty years ago but now...now they have a much more authentic ring to them.

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next