View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Is the edda the end? 

"Exceeding many names have ye given him; and, by my faith, it must indeed be a goodly wit that knows all the lore and the examples of what chances have brought about each of these names."

There are many we know. So many more unkown. Those who wander know the true sentence of the path, the service of the many named. Do we not live them every day, walking closer to the grave? To meet the end and that which lays. I have known this my entire life, but it was not until I discovered these words that my conscious was shook - even an eye missing was not lifting enough. Is mim dead?

"It is truly a vast sum of knowledge to gather together and set forth fittingly. But it is briefest to tell thee that most of his names have been given him by reason of this chance: there being so many branches of tongues in the world, all peoples believed that it was needful for them to turn his name into their own tongue, by which they might the better invoke him and entreat him on their own behalf. But some occasions for these names arose in his wanderings; and that matter is recorded in tales. Nor canst thou ever be called a wise man if thou shalt not be able to tell of those great events."

Here we lie on the limbs of Yggdrasil's thunder and we are called wise men who would record the many names. Today I am called Funny One. Today I live, was awoken and here even in sleep am I still called most frightened one. Most overworked one, of faithful service. Most succumbed one, to a brothers pain. A pain in the most vital of limbs by which all others branch.

Sun May 29, 2016 3:17 am

The Eddas are part of the lore remaining to us, so much more has been lost or forgotten, and some is hidden. These represent the past, today has yet to be written and the future known only to the Norns.
Those who record are scholars and some of them I would call wise though not all, as a scholar is a man of knowledge but a wise man is he who knows how to apply that knowledge.

Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:02 pm

I think the Eddas teach one to travel, to absorb the most knowledge they can. This age is so much different than the context of the words written and transitioned through time, which we hold every letter most dear.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:42 am

This is an area of much complication for us. There are scarcely few sources to thrive on, yet many thousands of years of history to consider our many ancestors. We ponder the origin of Gods and man, yet we fail to recognize the origins we have spawned. It is complexity upon complexity - compounded by opinion. My most wise friend, if anyone shall tell you they are certain about anything - you shall know without doubt that they claim not the wisdom you are in search of. The greatest of learners shall teach you that they may only lead.

Only by continuing the Edda may we believe with all certainty like so many thousands of year ago; on the roots of a new Yggdrsl.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:59 am

There is beauty in complexity but some of the most divine things are the most simple. Take a snow flake each one a beautiful, unique and complex structure but in that state unable to foster life, now compare it to the simplicity of a drop of water which can provide habitat for a myriad of organisms.

To speak plainly sometimes the most elegant solution is the most simple.

Kick off your shoes and walk in the dirt.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:42 am

I could never explain it better. But it is the record which binds us.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:36 am

Fenrir was only bound because he permitted himself to be bound, and in the end is binding are of things that do not exist.

The other day I was feeling frustrated by the limited by the amount of lore available and I dreamt, the only part of that dream that I remember is the last part where I said "It is ironic that the answers lie in the stories for children"

Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]