View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
The Northern Path as relates to business 

I love this time of year because I stay busy and make good money. I love winter, because that is when I get my reading and weight lifting done.
Regrettably, I do not have the time to comb through the sagas and lore for wisdom at this present time.
I would like to request to one of the many scholars on this forum...especially the ones who follow the path of the brotherhood.
Would someone please write an article or compile a detailed bibliography of the sagas and lore as they relate to business?
How I run my business with my spiritual beliefs in mind goes something like this:
1.) Embrace the struggle and take pride in it.
2.) Am I living up to the 9 noble virtues even In my business
3.) What did my ancestors who were business people and farmers do and what can I learn from what I know of their story?

I'd like to say I think deeper than that, but that's it.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:48 am

The only source that I can think of that offers specific business advice is the Konungs Skuggsjá (the King's Mirror). It is a document containing the advice given to a Norwegian Prince preparing him to one day ascend the throne. Although it was written after the conversion it is heavily influenced by traditional values - there is much to be learned from it.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]