View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Do you wear any Odinist symbols? 

Algiz at my left shoulder and Eihwaz at my right one.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Post Re:
OdinBrotherhood wrote:
Regarding the Thor hammer medallion, this reminds me of an interesting point.

In earlier times, long before the Vikings, metal (especially iron) was believed to drive away spirits and supernatural beings. I believe there is tradition in Ireland that man and his metal drove the "faerie folk" away.

Also, in traditional masonic lodges, no one wore metal.

Yet, in our lore, notice that the gods use metal weapons, while the giants use rocks and clubs. There is meaning here.

Interesting, It's believed in some places that evil spirits can't come close to Iron. Cemeteries were/are surrounded buy iron to keep the evil spirits inside. Iron bars or Iron nails were used in the thresh holds of houses to keep the evil out. The absence of metal could be to allow the evil in.... just a thought.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile YIM

I wear Thor's Hammer,Jacket patch of thor's hammer as well and i plan on getting a Valknot like this as a tattoo:

Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:33 pm

I wear heritage bands, that I've made, symbolizing the colors of the flags of my heritage, upon my Swedish band.

I carry various Runic symbols, Thors Hammer, dogtag, world tree, a wolf head and tribel cross.

I have tattoos, my daughters name in Runes, Thors hammer, looking to increase many many many more tattoos = Expensive, So i'll be ordering a kit and having it done at home

Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:42 am

I just saw this pop up in google when I was showing someone that it's easier to look for my art by od1nswrath than my name. Glad to see my art means something to people and glad to join a forum like this one. Cheers.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Made my own Mjölnir / Thor's hammer pendant from an offcut of Damascus steel I used to make a knife.
Hand making something like this, is almost like putting a little bit of your very essence into it.

The round mark on the side of the hammer head is known as Odin's Eye in the Damascus world, thought the single instance of Odin's eye was an appropriate homage to the Allfather.
Pendant is finished with a light bronze plating and a a handmade wire round fastener, it now hangs around my neck by a thick black cord.

Not as flash as some pendants I've seen, for sure, however it serves my needs.

Thanks for looking

ImageImage

Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:14 pm

Beautiful work.

Since we are a secret society, we do not normally post links, but if you wish to provide one to your work, the link is welcome.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:44 am

I have Ægishjálmur on my right forearm. I got it before I went to the desert for war.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:00 pm

odinbrotherhoodlives wrote:
Beautiful work.

Since we are a secret society, we do not normally post links, but if you wish to provide one to your work, the link is welcome.

Sincere thanks for your words.
Your offer is appreciated, however my motivation is far from commercial gain, the fundamental requirement for discretion is also well understood.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:15 pm

mammoth, then you are not only a skillful craftsman--you are also noble.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:30 pm

I have Thor's Hammers, a few for differing purposes, I have a couple of Runic Tat's, I also wear 2 Runic Rings & a Dragon head Oath Ring on my left wrist. I like to show my pendants openly & never deny my Odinist views. :)

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 am

Valknut for me, >.> honestly i never seemed interested in the thor's necklace..idk

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:38 pm

I wear no symbol. Once upon a time, I did wear a pendant with a tree on it but that was as close as I ever got to wearing anything, and that pendant has disappeared. Wearing a symbol opens you to questions from the world, and while I do not mind being questioned, I also do not feel it is anyone's business as to where my loyalties lie.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:52 pm

I don't wear any symbols or tattoos either, Skogkatt.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:08 pm

I wear a Shieldknot within an Ouroborus. It's two bronze pendants wired together as one. The Shieldknot serves as Earth. While the Ouroborus represents Jormungandr. I also wear a Triple Moon pendant that mimics in style the standard Celtic triskele form... For me it represents Earth and Moon...

Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 am

Friend is making me a Mjolnir out of silver.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Warhammer wrote:
Friend is making me a Mjolnir out of silver.

Nice friend.

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Quote:
Interesting, It's believed in some places that evil spirits can't come close to Iron. Cemeteries were/are surrounded buy iron to keep the evil spirits inside. Iron bars or Iron nails were used in the thresh holds of houses to keep the evil out. The absence of metal could be to allow the evil in.... just a thought.

Traditionally bodies are to be cremated in a funeral pyre with all of their possessions.

Quote:
Nice friend.

Thanks.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm

I have adorned my flesh in tribute to the mighty Aesir as dedication and sacrifice, in my belief anyone can wear jewelry for a period and take it off whence they are compelled, but we wear our flesh until we perish, so with pride I have tattood my flesh with runic staves, my family name, my totem, the totems of the Aesir to whom I am in league with, and other symbols of power and my perspectives and conquests. I have also pierced my flesh in specific locations as tribute and sacrifice, my reasonning is this, there is no power without blood, and piercing is the most holiest death, so I have pierced to identify that which has died and been reborn since I began to walk the true northern path

Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Valknut for my just got it a month ago right hand side rib cage

Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next