View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Do you wear any Odinist symbols? 

I wish to have some runes tattooed onto my ankle or foot, and I am looking for either a Thor's hammer pendant or a similar pendant of ravens so that I may honor Odin. Which do my brothers feel I should wear?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 am

Wear as you feel you should inside. There is no need to seek approval, brother.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am

I wear love binding rune and Thor's hammer around my neck daily I do take it off at times but there is days were I have a strong sense of needing to wear it.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:35 am

I wear the Valknut in Pewter which has three runes on the back.
One is victory (Tyr) the other is water (unconciousness) and the final one is of course, the Ansuz or ODIN Rune! :)

I have found my inspiration for my writing work has increased as have the risk-reward of misfortune!

I am aware that wearing this is not for the casual or half-hearted Odinist! :)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:01 pm

I always wear the Valknut on a chain which resembles a sliver serpent winding around my neck.

May Odin call me to join the ranks of the Einherjar whenever he so chooses.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:30 am

i also wear Thor's Hammer, but it's not high quality material, and i want to ask, should i wait untill i'll be able to afford one from silver, or buy one in bronze?

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:27 am

Kazimir Wulfric wrote:
i also wear Thor's Hammer, but it's not high quality material, and i want to ask, should i wait untill i'll be able to afford one from silver, or buy one in bronze?

Thor is the champion of the "common man", I would not be overly concerned with the material. What you wear is not nearly as important as why you are wearing it.

On the other hand, there are those who would consider saving your money to buy a more costly token of your reverence and allegiance a type of sacrifice.

My advice would be to give it some thought and then take the course of action that seems the most appropriate to you.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 am

Tyrsman wrote:
Kazimir Wulfric wrote:

Thor is the champion of the "common man", I would not be overly concerned with the material. What you wear is not nearly as important as why you are wearing it.

On the other hand, there are those who would consider saving your money to buy a more costly token of your reverence and allegiance a type of sacrifice.

My advice would be to give it some thought and then take the course of action that seems the most appropriate to you.

it's thor's hammer that i want, and there should be no wonder why thor is so apreciated. i am concerned with the material because this one that i have started to change color and look like it's rusty (although it's not), and i like to keep all i have in good condition, especially things with such an importance. i know silver it's a good material, and i know bronze it's kind of good as well but it changes color (geen-blue) after years. i'm not such an expert in metalurgy so i said maybe some of you know better, but i'll ask the guy from the store, he ought to know

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:07 am

in the end i bought one from bronze, because they didn't had silver(and it's the only shop i could find), and you can really tell the difference on skin between bronze and cheap iron. i also plan to have a horn on wich i'll put and carry runes carved by myself on little pieces of wood

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4